• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Different look at the 2017 Schedule

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Yep. Another way to look at it is that you lost 5 games in 2014, you lost 5 games in 2015, you lost 5 games last year, you'll probably lose 5 games in 2017. Best case is 7-4. No way in hell you go 9-2 but keep dreaming.
Yeah, because there's absolutely no difference between 9-5 and 6-5. :roll:
The valid point is that we're losing 5 games a year without having a Washington on the schedule.
Which games do you think we're gonna lose this year? Cause I can seriously see us going 10-1
If a few guys fall into place, and the offense clicks and is aggressive....it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poorgriz said:
Yep. Another way to look at it is that you lost 5 games in 2014, you lost 5 games in 2015, you lost 5 games last year, you'll probably lose 5 games in 2017. Best case is 7-4. No way in hell you go 9-2 but keep dreaming.

I have an honest question for you PG that has nothing to do with Cat-Griz smack. I hope you'll honestly answer it. Why do YOU always refer to Griz fans as players? Every time you respond to a poster on here, you refer to something the Griz did, but you use the word YOU. For example, in this thread, you were responding to a poster who said he predicted the Griz will go 9-2 next season, but you told the poster YOU went 6-5 last year. I know the poster you were talking to. He didn't play for the Griz. He didn't lose a single game. He didn't have anything to do with it. I just always think that's weird. I don't think there's any players or coaches on this board from last year's team. So WE as a board, definitely didn't go 6-5, just like I'm sure YOU didn't go 4-7 last year.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
brewskis said:
I think Stitt and the assistants have a GREAT handle on the offense, I think that will sort itself out.
Seriously? You missed the EWU, MSU, UNC and UNI games? We scored over half of our touchdown in 3 cupcake games; pretty helpless against real competition. Serious questions remain on offense.

But do you see it more of a coaching issue or a personnel issue or somewhere in the middle?
Or both, with more on the former. The personnel are recruited, developed and deployed by the coaching. The team regressed as the season progressed. Well coached teams (particularly of young players) progress as they gain experience game by game. We have not seen that regression in Montana teams in the past. It is hard to find what we have to build momentum on for the next season the way we finished.

Good post Kem. The late season melt down in '16 is the issue that needs to be addressed. Why did it happen? Did Stitt lose the team? IMO Stitt has to show this was anomaly and gain back some credibility.....

George Ferguson said:
poorgriz said:

I have an honest question for you PG that has nothing to do with Cat-Griz smack. I hope you'll honestly answer it. Why do YOU always refer to Griz fans as players? Every time you respond to a poster on here, you refer to something the Griz did, but you use the word YOU. For example, in this thread, you were responding to a poster who said he predicted the Griz will go 9-2 next season, but you told the poster YOU went 6-5 last year. I know the poster you were talking to. He didn't play for the Griz. He didn't lose a single game. He didn't have anything to do with it. I just always think that's weird. I don't think there's any players or coaches on this board from last year's team. So WE as a board, definitely didn't go 6-5, just like I'm sure YOU didn't go 4-7 last year.
TDS

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
brewskis said:
I think Stitt and the assistants have a GREAT handle on the offense, I think that will sort itself out.
Seriously? You missed the EWU, MSU, UNC and UNI games? We scored over half of our touchdown in 3 cupcake games; pretty helpless against real competition. Serious questions remain on offense.

But do you see it more of a coaching issue or a personnel issue or somewhere in the middle?
Or both, with more on the former. The personnel are recruited, developed and deployed by the coaching. The team regressed as the season progressed. Well coached teams (particularly of young players) progress as they gain experience game by game. We have not seen that regression in Montana teams in the past. It is hard to find what we have to build momentum on for the next season the way we finished.

I agree both, but lean more towards the personnel. People will not like this view, but the lack of leadership and talent in the upper classes, especially at QB, OL and S were a big part of it. I have also heard rumblings that the Seniors started to tune out.

kemajic said:
grizfan95 said:
AZGrizFan said:
You just described my biggest complaint in the UNC game. I watched UNC send 4 guys all day and get to and fluster Brady repeatedly, allowing them to cover with 7 and causing Brady to have to check down and NEVER look downfield. Meanwhile we'd send 5-7 and never seem to get there in time.
Did Brady play against UNC last year?
No, someone is very confused.

:lol: Well it didn't matter WHO was playing QB. They were able to get to him rushing 4 repeatedly.

CV Griz Fan said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:

Good post Kem. The late season melt down in '16 is the issue that needs to be addressed. Why did it happen? Did Stitt lose the team? IMO Stitt has to show this was anomaly and gain back some credibility.....

Did y''all think Baldwin had lost EWU in '15 when they went from 6-2 to 6-5 to end the season on a three game losing streak? Wonder how they were able to "find what they had to build momentum on" for 2016....Last season has exactly ZERO to do with how we'll perform next season.

Right now I see UM at 7-4 or 6-5.

If the QB & CB situation gets figured out then 9-2 is not out of the question.

AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Did y''all think Baldwin had lost EWU in '15 when they went from 6-2 to 6-5 to end the season on a three game losing streak? Wonder how they were able to "find what they had to build momentum on" for 2016....Last season has exactly ZERO to do with how we'll perform next season.
EWU '15 had serious injury issues; Griz '16 didn't.

Paytonlives said:

Hmmm. When your starting center misses the entire season and your best WR misses significant time and your best RB misses significant time....guess that depends on your definition of "significant", Kem.

Regardless, doesn't change the fact that last seasons performance has zero impact on next years performance. Bigger, stronger O-Line, stronger, faster, taller WR's, great D-Line and LB's, and a nice stable of RB's....there's a lot to like, with a few remaining question marks. I'm looking forward to the season. You?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
kemajic said:

EWU '15 had serious injury issues; Griz '16 didn't.

I agree that that one year doesn't necessarily predict what the next year will be like but Baldwin turning it around from one year the next is kinda expected because of his history. He's a known commodity. Stitt at the FCS level? He still has much to prove....

Paytonlives said:

We have a great schedule for getting a good W-L record. 6-5 should be looked on as a failure this year.
7-4 is so-so. 8-3 is what I expect for me to believe that it was a successful 3rd year - losses to UW, EWU and a road loss (not to the Scats,please). 9-2 and I would expect a new 3 year deal offered and support it.

And not just QB and CB but ST's too. If we don't have a QB that can get the job done, that is on our coach - he's seen Reese and knows what he is capable of. Jensen is his chosen QB either for the future or beginning now.

CB is always tough. Let's hope there is either quality transfers or a successful switch from WR. We are awfully thin there but if they stay healthy, then we should definitely have a top-notch D.

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Yeah, because there's absolutely no difference between 9-5 and 6-5. :roll:
The valid point is that we're losing 5 games a year without having a Washington on the schedule.
Which games do you think we're gonna lose this year? Cause I can seriously see us going 10-1

I admire your loyalty and try to stay as optimistic as I can...but we've been ham-and-eggers for a while and there are too many question marks to expect anything better than 8-3 even if our question mark positions pan out fairly well. Less than 8 wins is realistic at this point. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Ham and eggers is an expression not often heard. Could be even older than me. Fits the situation.

HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:

I agree both, but lean more towards the personnel. People will not like this view, but the lack of leadership and talent in the upper classes, especially at QB, OL and S were a big part of it. I have also heard rumblings that the Seniors started to tune out.
If the rumblings are real, why would you give the coaching a pass?

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

If the rumblings are real, why would you give the coaching a pass?

Doesn't seem that I did.

behappp said:
And there is obviously one game we need to win if Stitt is to deserve to keep his job.

https://twitter.com/CoachGregorak/status/833169721604370435/photo/1

FTC

Yeah he's lost all sense of class. The university and community was pretty good to him for a lot of years. He left that is fine and respect his choice but to keep bashing like this is uncalled for. If I was a parent or high school coach I don't think I'd want my kid playing for a person like that.

Back