• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Different look at the 2017 Schedule

uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
And there is obviously one game we need to win if Stitt is to deserve to keep his job.

https://twitter.com/CoachGregorak/status/833169721604370435/photo/1

FTC
If he loses next year, he'll have the same record against MSU that Hauck did three years in. #JusSayin'

Every year Hauck was our HC, we were 1st or tied for 1st in the BSC. In his 2nd year he went 12-3 with a trip to the 1-aa championship game.

When you have 1 playoff win in 2 years and lose at home to one of the worst scat teams in years you get no leeway from me. #JusSayin

behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
And there is obviously one game we need to win if Stitt is to deserve to keep his job.

FTC
If he loses next year, he'll have the same record against MSU that Hauck did three years in. #JusSayin'

Every year Hauck was our HC, we were 1st or tied for 1st in the BSC. In his 2nd year he went 12-3 with a trip to the 1-aa championship game.

When you have 1 playoff win in 2 years and lose at home to one of the worst scat teams in years you get no leeway from me. #JusSayin
That's right, and if I remember correctly Hauck handled the four reduced scholarships, NCAA sanctions, much more challenging Big Sky schedule, and awful recruiting by predecessor Joe Glenn much better.

Stitt is such a hack, amiright?

uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:

FTC

That's right, and if I remember correctly Hauck handled the four reduced scholarships, NCAA sanctions, much more challenging Big Sky schedule, and awful recruiting by predecessor Joe Glenn much better.

So if you were AD what would you need to see from this year's team to offer an extension?

behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:

So if you were AD what would you need to see from this year's team to offer an extension?
Seriously uofmman1122, I would like to know what your answer is. Haslam will have to make this decision.
Or do you believe that Stitt should be given 1, 2,3 or more years regardless of what the record is?

behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:

If we make the playoffs, I don't see how he doesn't get an extension.

behappp said:
behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:

Seriously uofmman1122, I would like to know what your answer is. Haslam will have to make this decision.
Or do you believe that Stitt should be given 1, 2,3 or more years regardless of what the record is?
If he goes 7-4 or better, I'd give him 3 more years, because the last thing we need to do is nuke the program again. If he can't do that, then Haslam can roll the dice again.

uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:
behappp said:
uofmman1122 said:

If he goes 7-4 or better, I'd give him 3 more years, because the last thing we need to do is nuke the program again. If he can't do that, then Haslam can roll the dice again.
Thanks- I think that should be very doable. And it would show improvement.

I, too, don't want to nuke the program prematurely. But there is no reason we can't be relevant in the FCS playoffs. Many of the best FCS programs are now FBS.

We Are Montana!

uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
behappp said:

FTC
Stitt has not had a Travis Lulay to deal with.
He also didn't have the stacked teams that Hauck did, soooooooooo
Stitt's team this year was far more "stacked" than MSU's, which beat him badly in his own house. BH never lost to MSU in his house.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
Stitt's team this year was far more "stacked" than MSU's, which beat him badly in his own house. BH never lost to MSU in his house.
Hauck had the luxury of having Ochs, Berquist, Swogger, Roper and Selle at qb, all of whom were a vast improvement over the qb options Stitt had the last 2 seasons

The cards are stacked against him. Mystery Offense, DC involved in on the job training, STC that doesn't teach Special Teams basics. We want Stitt to be successful, but......?

grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
Hauck had the luxury of having Ochs, Berquist, Swogger, Roper and Selle at qb, all of whom were a vast improvement over the qb options Stitt had the last 2 seasons
Roper? Really?

kemajic said:

Personally, I don't think the Griz were "far more stacked" than MSU.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

Stitt has never lost to NDSU in his own house...

grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
Luxury, really? Who is it that is in charge of procuring, developing and deploying QBs?

Back