• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Different look at the 2017 Schedule

kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
He also didn't have the stacked teams that Hauck did, soooooooooo
Stitt's team this year was far more "stacked" than MSU's, which beat him badly in his own house. BH never lost to MSU in his house.
Hauck had the luxury of having Ochs, Berquist, Swogger, Roper and Selle at qb, all of whom were a vast improvement over the qb options Stitt had the last 2 seasons
Luxury, really? Who is it that is in charge of procuring, developing and deploying QBs?
So it's Stitt's fault for "procuring" Brady, Simmis, Challich, Pflug?? Here I thought they had all joined the program prior to his arrival. Im excited to see what the Stitt recruits (Jensen, Phillips and Hill) have to offer. I'm sure you're wanting them to fail miserably so the good ol' boy network can run Stitt out of town and bring in an insider to run the program.
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
He also didn't have the stacked teams that Hauck did, soooooooooo
Stitt's team this year was far more "stacked" than MSU's, which beat him badly in his own house. BH never lost to MSU in his house.
Hauck had the luxury of having Ochs, Berquist, Swogger, Roper and Selle at qb, all of whom were a vast improvement over the qb options Stitt had the last 2 seasons
Luxury, really? Who is it that is in charge of procuring, developing and deploying QBs?

grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
So it's Stitt's fault for "procuring" Brady, Simmis, Challich, Pflug?? Here I thought they had all joined the program prior to his arrival. Im excited to see what the Stitt recruits (Jensen, Phillips and Hill) have to offer. I'm sure you're wanting them to fail miserably so the good ol' boy network can run Stitt out of town and bring in an insider to run the program.
OK, so Stitt was unable to procure a QB better than what he inherited, even in his second year. Not a great grade on procurement; what grades do you give him for development and deployment or is that somebody else's fault, too?

As it relates to what I want; don't even suggest you have a clue. I've been a fan probably longer than you've been alive and drive 700 miles for every home game and at least one road game every year. I doubt you're as dedicated. If you were, you would be equally concerned about the program's regression observed in the coaching's second year.

kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
OK, so Stitt was unable to procure a QB better than what he inherited, even in his second year. Not a great grade on procurement; what grades do you give him for development and deployment or is that somebody else's fault, too?

As it relates to what I want; don't even suggest you have a clue. I've been a fan probably longer than you've been alive and drive 700 miles for every home game and at least one road game every year. I doubt you're as dedicated. If you were, you would be equally concerned about the program's regression observed in the coaching's second year.

Tell me more about you avatar. Is that a Mantle rookie card. Do you have one of these? Love Mantle. I still have a decent collection from when I was young. Clemente was my fave. Got a few of his, Mays, Mantle, Maris, and others. Is card collecting still close to what it used to be.

kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:

How far outside of Columbus do you live? Columbus to Missoula is 304 = 608 RT

kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:

I never realized that age makes a better fan. And for the record I've been driving from Washington to home games (roughly 9 hour round trip) for the last 20 of the 22 years I've had season tickets. Been to my share of away games and a few trips to Chattanooga as well.

Seems to me that the program has been down since Hauck left and the NCAA dropped the hammer. I, being the "not as dedicated as you fan" am willing to give Stitt time to get his recruits in the system before bashing the coach at every opportunity.

grizfnz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:

I never realized that age makes a better fan. And for the record I've been driving from Washington to home games (roughly 9 hour round trip) for the last 20 of the 22 years I've had season tickets. Been to my share of away games and a few trips to Chattanooga as well.

Seems to me that the program has been down since Hauck left and the NCAA dropped the hammer. I, being the "not as dedicated as you fan" am willing to give Stitt time to get his recruits in the system before bashing the coach at every opportunity.

You are a newbee. Only 22 years as a season ticket holder. Please move to the second row.

Program was fine in Pflu's second year, with a trip to the semi finals and a great comeback that almost got the win. Didn't the ncaa sanctions come about 3.5 years after Hauck left, or am I off on this?

How many players on the team now are not Stitt's recruits?

horribilisfan8184 said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:

How far outside of Columbus do you live? Columbus to Missoula is 304 = 608 RT
Only a couple miles, but we average 700 mi on the odometer by the time we're home on Sunday. It's 304 Columbus exit to the Van Buren exit. After a post-game at the Slipper, dinner (usually on Reserve), a stop at the MoClub, lodging, etc. and a stop each way in either Butte or Belgrade it is almost always right at 700. But the audit is useful.

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:
kemajic said:

Tell me more about you avatar. Is that a Mantle rookie card. Do you have one of these? Love Mantle. I still have a decent collection from when I was young. Clemente was my fave. Got a few of his, Mays, Mantle, Maris, and others. Is card collecting still close to what it used to be.
It's the Topps '52 card, their first full set. Idolized the Mick; he came up in '51. The only '52 card I have is a repro in a Topps '52 repro set. The originals are, of course, gold. I started buying cards a nickel at a time in '54; have very few originals left. Once I left for UM, my mom gave my stash away; a whole closet full. The kid probably retired before me. Have a personalized MM autographed ball. Growing up in MT, never got to see him play live. In '66 I drove a cousin and my best friend to Minneapolis to see him for a three game series. He got hurt in KC the night before and never played. But the beer was good.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
grizfnz said:

It's the Topps '52 card, their first full set. Idolized the Mick; he came up in '51. The only '52 card I have is a repro in a Topps '52 repro set. The originals are, of course, gold. I started buying cards a nickel at a time in '54; have very few originals left. Once I left for UM, my mom gave my stash away; a whole closet full. The kid probably retired before me. Have a personalized MM autographed ball. Growing up in MT, never got to see him play live. In '66 I drove a cousin and my best friend to Minneapolis to see him for a three game series. He got hurt in KC the night before and never played. But the beer was good.

Awesome stuff. He wad a special player no
doubt. You've inspired me to revisit my collection. Thanks for sharing.

Back