• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A real take on coach and his players

grizpack said:
And another thread goes right into the shitter. Seems like there is something in common in most of them.

Sorry for contributing to that. I helped push it away from the direction of its original intent

kyle_sample said:
grizpack said:
And another thread goes right into the shitter. Seems like there is something in common in most of them.

Sorry for contributing to that. I helped push it away from the direction of its original intent

Lol. You are fine....

In the future when you read articles or hear interviews from Montana's other athletic coaches, or any NCAA coaches, any sport...substitute Stitts name for theirs, or imagine he is the one holding the press conference.

Some of you are grasping at straws, making something big out of absolutely nothing, or out of something very miniscule.

Selvig was way harder on his girls in public than Stitt has ever been, and now Shannon....how dare she say anything but wonderful things about the girls performance. Delaney, Hauck (of course) Bohl, Baldwin, the list excludes very few. You can pick away their words just as easily and say bad things about their ability as a leader, laying blame or how through their words you have determined they have a bad relationship with the players and treat them poorly.

Go ahead, it's a fun and enlightening game for those of you that have nothing better than to sit around all day typing out 10,000 word manifestos....oh wait.

grizindabox said:
...who woulda guessed......75 turning another thread.....to shit......such a troll.....
And cue the mods.....not doing shit about it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizindabox said:
...who woulda guessed......75 turning another thread.....to shit......such a troll.....
I didn't make an issue out of "misquoting" Stitt, when, as Sample finally admitted, it was a direct quote. If you want to whine about it, take it up with Sample. He seems to have plenty of time to object to "opinions" while getting his own "facts" wrong.

signedbewildered said:
Selvig was way harder on his girls in public than Stitt has ever been, and now Shannon....how dare she say anything but wonderful things about the girls performance. Delaney, Hauck (of course) Bohl, Baldwin, the list excludes very few. You can pick away their words just as easily and say bad things about their ability as a leader, laying blame or how through their words you have determined they have a bad relationship with the players and treat them poorly.
What a bunch of babies. When they finish their season 3-5 conference, lose to the Cats, first blame their teams, "some of the guys," and then go schizo and "take all the blame" themselves, and find where Delaney, Hauck or Baldwin promised to study football in the offseason, you'll have something to bitch about. Right now, you don't. You have a coach with a problem and Sample, by falsely claiming a "misquote" can't save him.

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
I didn't make an issue out of "misquoting" Stitt, when, as Sample finally admitted, it was a direct quote. If you want to whine about it, take it up with Sample. He seems to have plenty of time to object to "opinions" while getting his own "facts" wrong.

Actually DUMGriz75, he stated that you took a partial quote to misconstrue the intended meaning of what was said by the entire quote. You are the hack former journalist that is manipulating quotes and stats to reinforce their message. I will sit back and wait for your response, because as we all know, you just can't help yourself.

Sample is the best journalist and source of information on Griz football we've ever had. In my time at least.

74.5 has glue for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a misquote as "just" was not part of Stitt's statement. And the context to me, considering the other comments along with that one was that if the team is successful he will be liked, as simple as that.

I remember when I was younger Mad Magazine would pull a partial quote of a movie review to show how you can twist things to your agenda.

"Heaven's Gate, ...one of the best movies of the year!"

When the review would say something like "Heaven's Gate, a meandering and boring effort, and not worthy to be shown in the same theater as Kramer vs. Kramer. The latter is simply one of the best movies of the year!"

mtgriz said:
It was a misquote as "just" was not part of Stitt's statement. And the context to me, considering the other comments along with that one was that if the team is successful he will be liked, as simple as that.

I remember when I was younger Mad Magazine would pull a partial quote of a movie review to show how you can twist things to your agenda.

"Heaven's Gate, ...one of the best movies of the year!"

When the review would say something like "Heaven's Gate, a meandering and boring effort, and not worthy to be shown in the same theater as Kramer vs. Kramer. The latter is simply one of the best movies of the year!"

This describes He Who Must Not Be Names perfectly.

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:

Your ability to massage facts and quotes to fit your preferred narrative is rivaled only by Trump. The quote you pulled from the larger quote Sample contributed ARE NOT THE SAME. Just count the words if you're not certain. They carry completely different connotations. You're an old journalist, a very good one by your own account, so why can't you figure it out?

Coaches also all study football in the offseason you insufferable jackass. They all go to other programs for a few days or a couple weeks in the offseason to see if they can learn new ways of doing things. Your level of idiocy is remarkable. Do you sit in a dark room all day and tell yourself how special and smart you are?

I hope that any affirmative obligation to disavow or correct incorrect information (let alone outright lies) put on egriz by someone who doesn't know the poster very well (or at all) doesn't apply to me. I don't have that many hours to correct those things. So, please exempt me if this "requirement" is instituted.

HelenaHandBasket said:
UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:

Actually DUMGriz75, he stated that you took a partial quote to misconstrue the intended meaning of what was said by the entire quote. You are the hack former journalist that is manipulating quotes and stats to reinforce their message. I will sit back and wait for your response, because as we all know, you just can't help yourself.
It didn't change anything. It was a direct quote, and nothing Stitt said further "modified" anyhthing about it, nor did Sample acknowledge that the problem is with Stitt's earlier comments about the team, their "lack of fire" in his opinion and why they apparently didn't care to play football for him the last five games of the season. Sample wanted a carefully contrived interpretation of that press conference, leaving out virtually all of Stitt's actual remarks and trying to focus on some additional remarks that, in context, were meaningless. Stop whining about it. We disagree. Sample coulld not accept that, in his hot pursuit of "facts" and his claim I misquoted Stitt, when as an actual "fact," the quote was exactly accurate. It was a lie, and he had to back down.

Choose your battles. Sample likes to argue about opinions as though others are not entitled to them based on his own misrepresentation or misunderstanding of "facts" and his own apparent fascination with the "dirt" he gets from coaches, as others have claimed he brags about. It's a stupid place for an alleged journalist to be. It where the "hacks" are.

PlayerRep said:
I hope that any affirmative obligation to disavow or correct incorrect information (let alone outright lies) put on egriz by someone who doesn't know the poster very well (or at all) doesn't apply to me. I don't have that many hours to correct those things. So, please exempt me if this "requirement" is instituted.
Sample wants to make an issue of himself. I have no idea why, but he did lie about my misquote. As he admitted. He wants to be seen as a big advocate for Bob Stitt and is willing to endure any misrepresention or make any accusation necessary to achieve the goal.

I don't care what he thinks or writes. I've seen his work. He seems to want to take my opinions to task by making false accusations. My quote was accurate. So were the remaining quotes about "lack of fire," "I hope some of these guys get it," and "it's been going on for a while" which do, in any reasonable discussion of the issues, stand it marked distinction to Sample's odd and fervent defense of the recent presser as being "sincere" when Stitt took "all the blame." All Sample has admitted to is that Stitt was not sincere in his earlier statements to the public about the merits of this team's "fire" and playing "flat" and that its been a problem "for a while" but that, fortunately, this team didn't require the coaches to get the team "up" for home games because the fans did that for the coaches, and so would do so for the "Cat" game.

Let's put it in perspective: Sample disagrees with Stitt when Stitt blames the team, but agrees with Stitt when Stitt blames himself entirely.

For the record, I agree entirely with Sample. You'd think a high-powered journalist would have figured that out on his own.

Hopefully, that puts this molehill to a well-deserved rest.

giphy.gif

Sample decided to take issue and make an issue out of someone else's opinion. He's going to be a busy boy, especially making false claims to make his "point," whatever it was.

All the rest is
f468789592ecd0bfce6da487882c980e.jpg

Back