• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A real take on coach and his players

UMGriz75 said:
The difference between "I want people to like me," -- the quote I specifically referred to -- and "I want people to like me. I want to please people. I want people to be happy that I’m the head football coach" is nonexistent. He was accurately quoted. From falsely claiming that Stitt had been heavily recruited before Montana, to publicly admitting enjoying being told "dirt" and "highly confidential information" about players and staff by coaches, you two are the bottom of the reporting heap you are both so anxious to get pats on the head.

1. Actually you quoted "I just want people to like me" so there is a difference. Had he said "I just want people to like me" it would imply that is what is most important to him. If you want to criticize a person for whatever it is you don't like about them, that's great, more power to you. Just be accurate.
2. I'm still waiting for you to furnish the articles or tweets from me that reported Stitt was "heavily recruited". You were a really great journalist in your day, so I'm sure you'll have those reports in no time........
3. Also let me know where I publicly admitted to enjoying being told "dirt" and "highly confidential information". I don't ever remember a coach or player or administrator sharing anything like that with me. So if you could show me where I publicly delighted in that, I'd appreciate it.
4. Hope you have a really good Wednesday night. You're such a joy to all of us and we just appreciate you so much. Take care, 75!

kyle_sample said:
UMGriz75 said:
The difference between "I want people to like me," -- the quote I specifically referred to -- and "I want people to like me. I want to please people. I want people to be happy that I’m the head football coach" is nonexistent. He was accurately quoted. From falsely claiming that Stitt had been heavily recruited before Montana, to publicly admitting enjoying being told "dirt" and "highly confidential information" about players and staff by coaches, you two are the bottom of the reporting heap you are both so anxious to get pats on the head.

1. Actually you quoted "I just want people to like me" so there is a difference. Had he said "I just want people to like me" it would imply that is what is most important to him.
In other words, I quoted him accurately, a nice lie on your part initially, but didn't quote a different part that you preferred for a different purpose. Are you for real? It's pretty clear to everyone you are "all in" for this coach, and will adjust your "coverage" accordingly.

I have a different opinion on his "press conference" than you do, especially since his "180" on "its all my fault" from his earlier "blame the team" comments in previous pressers. After all, after the Cat game, we were an "8-3, 9-2" team. What's to apologize for? You left that out too, didn't you? You're going to be a busy little man trying to clean up after this coach. You appear to now have erased all mention of this team "losing it's fire," and that "it's been that way for a while" and that Stitt hoped that, with some losses "some of these guys would start to get it." Kind of demolishes your whole artificial narrative, doesn't it?

You are pretty damn selective in what you "want" to quote from this coach. You could not be as concerned and outraged by opinions different from yours if you were his paid press agent.

People will have opinions different than yours. When you grow up, you might even realize they have different and even perhaps more thorough experiences than you. Wrapping yourself up in faux indignation because somebody accurately quotes a coach, -- in context of other remarks -- is going to keep you pretty busy, because it's a false journalism.

I don't think it was a good press conference. In context of his earlier "blame the team, blame the player remarks", I thought it was both embarrassing and hallucinogenic. This coach has done it before.

I did like the idea that he promised to take the off-season and study football, on the other hand. I am sure you did too.

kyle_sample said:
3. Also let me know where I publicly admitted to enjoying being told "dirt" and "highly confidential information". I don't ever remember a coach or player or administrator sharing anything like that with me. So if you could show me where I publicly delighted in that, I'd appreciate it.
Re: Question for insider

Postby casewinter13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 am
You could have 200 f***[*] years of experience in journalism and it doesn't mean you have any clue what Kyle has been told by the coaches. I know for a fact he's been told several very private pieces of information that he was asked not to share until a certain time, if ever, and out of respect, he did so. These weren't things every Joe Blow knew, it was serious dirt. I don't know Kyle well personally,
I suggested at the time that you ought to disavow at least telling people that "you don't know well personally" that you get all sorts of "very private" information about players and staff, and the notion that coaches were telling "special you" "serious dirt" about players and staff.

You refused to do so, even though I noted at the time, with the Krakauer case, that student/athlete confidentiality was a big issue, and the idea that some nitwit journalist is running around telling practical strangers that he gets "dirt" from the coaches is just reprehensible, especially given that it was a big legal issue in the headlines at the time.

Now you are pleading ignorance?

I have a feeling it's for real.

UMGriz75 said:
kyle_sample said:
Re: Question for insider

Postby casewinter13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 am
You could have 200 f***[*] years of experience in journalism and it doesn't mean you have any clue what Kyle has been told by the coaches. I know for a fact he's been told several very private pieces of information that he was asked not to share until a certain time, if ever, and out of respect, he did so. These weren't things every Joe Blow knew, it was serious dirt. I don't know Kyle well personally,
I suggested at the time that you ought to disavow at least telling people that "you don't know well personally" that you get all sorts of "very private" information about players and staff, and the notion that coaches were telling "special you" "serious dirt" about players and staff.

You refused to do so, even though I noted at the time, with the Krakauer case, that student/athlete confidentiality was a big issue, and the idea that some nitwit journalist is running around telling practical strangers that he gets "dirt" from the coaches is just reprehensible, especially given that it was a big legal issue in the headlines at the time.

Now you are pleading ignorance?

I have a feeling it's for real.

not to jump into this or anything, but you very clearly claimed sample "enjoyed" getting personal info on students. i don't see any proof that he enjoys it, that he searches it out, or that he shares it. keep trying to obfuscate your way to "victory", though. it says a lot about you.

kyle_sample said:
2. I'm still waiting for you to furnish the articles or tweets from me that reported Stitt was "heavily recruited". You were a really great journalist in your day, so I'm sure you'll have those reports in no time........
Your friend was all over the place about how Stitt had been heavily recruited prior to Montana.

George Ferguson said:
UMGriz75 said:
As I noted last year, much of the hype wasn't Stitt's fault, but the over-estimation of expectations by true believers which was unfair to the coaches, the team and the players, because unrealized over-exaggerated expectations invariably invokes a let-down. The transition, DII to DI, is a big one. For all the hype about Stitt, he even admitted in one interview he's never been recruited for a position before Montana.
What I bolded is completely backwards and wrong.
"We've had many different opportunities to leave (Mines) over the years." Stitt said. "Montana, this is the only opportunity I've ever pursued. It's the only one where I really stayed awake at night thinking I could leave for. It's Montana. It's the Griz."
And of course, in his fashion, Ferguson falsified what Stitt had actually said. And Sample, the Stitt crusader, left the impression stand, that Stitt had been recruited prior to Montana, and so he was obviously some kind of "get." You know, because Sample rampages over every alleged "misrepresentation" seeking, he says, "truth!!!" Except for that one, because it closely fit the narrative these two have been trying to feed Griz Nation. And by silence, he endorsed the false notion, just as by his silence with regard to receiving "dirt" and "very private" information about players and staff from UM coaches, he endorsed the notion that he did.

And with Ferguson's overt falsehood, and Sample's compliant silence, I noted the following interview:
"I was a small-college player, and I never had anybody in my entire coaching career call me up and say, 'Hey, you want this job?' I've had to interview and grind for every job I ever got," Stitt said. "This is the first time somebody called me and asked me if I was interested. I've been ready for this for a long time."
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... te-coaches

So, Sample, there's your three points. Got it yet?

argh! said:
"enjoyed" getting personal info on students. i don't see any proof that he enjoys it, that he searches it out, or that he shares it. keep trying to obfuscate your way to "victory", though. it says a lot about you.
Sample running around bragging to veritable complete strangers, for no apparent ethical or professional reason, that he gets "dirt" and "very private information" from UM coaches offers a mystery to me as to whether he enjoys it, he was confessing to an outrage, he was bragging about his status, or trying to impress a potential date. I was not the source of the comment. I admit to finding "motive" incomprehensible in that kind of remark. UM coaches do not, or at least should not, be dishing "dirt" about players and staff. Running around claiming they do is irresponsible.

Sample did not disavow the comments despite my suggestion that it was likely a good idea to do so, given all those Federal confidentiality rules then in the headlines. That said a lot about him, you know. That "status" is personally important to him.

brewskis said:
Holy desperation Batman.
Sample demanded answers. He got them. He lied about me "misquoting" Stitt: the quote was direct. He lied about not knowing anything about "dirt" from coaches, and he pretended ignorance at news reporting about Stitt having been "recruited" before Montana.

Seems like a real journalist would not make that many false claims, right? Batman?

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
Holy desperation Batman.
Sample demanded answers. He got them. He lied about me "misquoting" Stitt: the quote was direct. He lied about not knowing anything about "dirt" from coaches, and he pretended ignorance at news reporting about Stitt having been "recruited" before Montana.

Seems like a real journalist would not make that many false claims, right? Batman?

You might literally be the dumbest, most dense, person I've ever not met. I wonder what your next illogical jump will be. But while we wait, you might want to run on down to Albertsons where they're having a savings on tinfoil. I just want to make sure you have all the headwear you can have as these temps drop. You gotta protect that wonderful brain of yours.

And another thread goes right into the shitter. Seems like there is something in common in most of them.

kyle_sample said:
UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
Holy desperation Batman.

You might literally be the dumbest, most dense, person I've ever not met. I wonder what your next illogical jump will be. But while we wait, you might want to run on down to Albertsons where they're having a savings on tinfoil. I just want to make sure you have all the headwear you can have as these temps drop. You gotta protect that wonderful brain of yours.

He's hell bent on proving the wisdom of Odin, from the Hávamál...

The ignorant booby had best be silent
When he moves among other men,
No one will know what a nit-wit he is
Until he begins to talk;
No one knows less what a nit-wit he is
Than the man who talks too much.

Or perhaps the Proverbs of Solomon:

17:28 Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

That's all I have. Back to 75 blackout.

I find Stitt's quote about just wanting people to like him interesting and maybe a little disturbing. He was hired to coach an FCS football team to be competitive, be conference champions and compete for the national championship. I doubt the criteria for hiring included having people like him.
Coaches should be judged on their records, on the academic progress of their student athletes, and on the qualities of their players after graduation. There is a difference between being liked and being respected.

UMGriz75 said:

One thing is certain: UMGriz75 will never be quoted as saying "I want people to like me"!

Blgs Griz Fan said:
I find Stitt's quote about just wanting people to like him interesting and maybe a little disturbing. He was hired to coach an FCS football team to be competitive, be conference champions and compete for the national championship. I doubt the criteria for hiring included having people like him.
Coaches should be judged on their records, on the academic progress of their student athletes, and on the qualities of their players after graduation. There is a difference between being liked and being respected.
You're reading too much of 74.5's shit. That was one sentence out of a spiel where Stitt describes wanting people to be proud of the football team. There was nothing disturbing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back