• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Before you go off the deep end about the offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to lose sight of the injury bug issue whilst bitching about everything else. Makes a hell of a difference though. Good post BW. Keep it updated as things progress this year.

BWahlberg said:
That said, it should also be pointed out some of the positive things that have come up too:

1. The emergence of Ryan Burke and Josh Jannssen as WRs.

2. The use of Van as a WR and his effectiveness in the open field.

3. Improving play and a bright future for young O-linemen, Thiebes, Reese, Dietrich, Todd, and Luke.

4. Flashes of a bright future at RB with Logwood and Favors

Number three , I thought the o-line did better this week with the pass protection ,not so much the run although it was Northern Colorado they did do a decent job . Every game is experience for them

All the talk about injuries validates the complaint about the offensive coaching. They should have kept the gas on to give all the new players reps running the offense at it's most efficient point. The play calling just shifted after the first quarter in the UNC game. That is the complaint of most I think, that the coaches went back to blah when there was an early lead and did not let the team build any rhythm going forward.

PlayerRep said:
monte is a character said:
havgrizfan said:
But the coaching staff has a crystal ball in Mick's offense and knew well in advance about all these injuries and depth issues and therefore should have had 207 players on the roster instead of the 103 and the depth chart should have been called an 8-deep instead of a 2-deep. Justin Green didn't go out and get the Griz nearly enough guys and therefore should be fired immediately.

Come on Brint

Comedian? Hardy. Don't quit your day job. Every team has injuries. That Cats have lost more starters than we have. They have lost 4 defensive starters according to their board, and 3 offensive starters. They just lost their best WR for the season. Injuries happen every year.

I don't look at the Cat board, but knowing that this poster constantly makes up stuff and gets stuff wrong, I assume the Cat information is not accurate. Any Cat posters wish to weigh in.

You are assuming Cat fans are reading egriz??? REALLY?

BWahlberg said:
A little something to consider here, look at the pre-fall roster of expected starters on offense:

Z: Henderson / Walcott
X: Jones / Haynes
Y: Naccarato / Burke or Berland

LT: Poole
G: Weyer
C: Hines
G: Hines
RT: Schmaing

QB: Johnson

TE: Saylor / Ralston

RB: Canada / Van / Counts

FB: Wilson

------------

Of those projected contributors before camp even started we lost 5 players from this list. Counts to a season-ending foot surgery, Schmaing to grades, Poole to a back issue, Walcott to an ankle surgery, and Haynes to a foot injury.

That puts the team down two tackles, their power-back, and their two primary backup Z and X WRs.

Then during fall camp both backup tackles lose their job (LaRowe and Kelly) and Naccarato gets hurt - which eventually leads to his season ending.

Now enter the first five games of the year. Thiebes, the projected starter at LT, has had continual injury issues. Nguyen who steps up as the primary returner and an alternate back is now out indefinitely. Ralston is day to day. Weyer has missed two games (but is back now). Hendu is still going through his recovery and has been up and down and didn't even suit up last week.

From the list above 8 of 19 are either out for the season, out indefinitely, or day-to-day.

Yeah some people are "bored" but consider these guys are working with all they've got and are being forced to make continual adjustments based on who they have that is still healthy. Lets cut a bit of slack here - there's been some ongoing issues that are outside of the coaches control.

All good points, not to mention the fact that we have lost two games by a combined total of 17 points = 8.5 points per game average, both against an FBS school and the 3 time national champion that has not lost in like 28 games. Oh and both on the road at their house. All in all not to bad with not only a beat up team but a young team at many positions.
Go Griz

Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:
But the coaching staff has a crystal ball in Mick's offense and knew well in advance about all these injuries and depth issues and therefore should have had 207 players on the roster instead of the 103 and the depth chart should have been called an 8-deep instead of a 2-deep. Justin Green didn't go out and get the Griz nearly enough guys and therefore should be fired immediately.

Come on Brint

Comedian? Hardy. Don't quit your day job. Every team has injuries. That Cats have lost more starters than we have. They have lost 4 defensive starters according to their board, and 3 offensive starters. They just lost their best WR for the season. Injuries happen every year.

I don't look at the Cat board, but knowing that this poster constantly makes up stuff and gets stuff wrong, I assume the Cat information is not accurate. Any Cat posters wish to weigh in.

Interesting you should ask. I've been waiting for this one. According to a study conducted earlier this year, 73.6% of IP addresses of those registered on Bobcatnation.com visited eGriz more than three times per week from 3/1/14 to 9/1/14.

Conversely, only 18.7% of the IP addresses registered on eGriz.com visited Bobcatnation.com more than three times per week during the same time period.

More expected is the fact that, 96.3% of IP addresses registered on the EWU board have visited eGriz.com in the last 22 minutes, whereas 98.1% of the IP addresses registered on eGriz.com have no idea that there is an "EWU board."

If Brint could put this into a visual format for Cat and Eag "readers," it would be much appreciated. Visuals help with both.

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:

Interesting you should ask. I've been waiting for this one. According to a study conducted earlier this year, 73.6% of IP addresses of those registered on Bobcatnation.com visited eGriz more than three times per week from 3/1/14 to 9/1/14.

Conversely, only 18.7% of the IP addresses registered on eGriz.com visited Bobcatnation.com more than three times per week during the same time period.

More expected is the fact that, 96.3% of IP addresses registered on the EWU board have visited eGriz.com in the last 22 minutes, whereas 98.1% of the IP addresses registered on eGriz.com have no idea that there is an "EWU board."

If Brint could put this into a visual format for Cat and Eag "readers," it would be much appreciated. Visuals help with both.

Creeper! Here ya go big guy!!!
712013.jpg

Clearly, you are trying to get more Cat fans on eGriz to fuck up my stats. Well played.

BWahlberg said:
kemajic said:
go96griz said:
Oh, and a big by the way, Henderson hasn't been close to his normal self due to stomach issues!
That problem has been known since spring, not something that is a recent surprise.

"The problem" has been known for a while but "the diagnosis" wasn't finally made until shortly before fall camp.

Funny. I refer to my abs as "The Problem".

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Griz are first in the conference at 5.6 ypc, and 2nd or 3rd in the nation in sacks allowed (2). The second one may have a lot to do with JJ's ability to avoid pressure, but considering the patchwork O-line has faced two FBS-caliber defenses, I'd say they're doing a pretty admirable job.

Considering we've had three years of this offense I'd say we can finally judge it. The offense is underwhelming at best. We have the personnel, we lack the coaches. They never make second half adjustments, and overall call a poor game.

Zootown Rox said:
Considering we've had three years of this offense I'd say we can finally judge it. The offense is underwhelming at best. We have the personnel, we lack the coaches. They never make second half adjustments, and overall call a poor game.

Really?? I think the fact that we turned first half blowouts against EWU and CCU into one-score games in the end would suggest otherwise...

And oh yeah, we managed to score 37 ppg last year while being completely "underwhelming". :roll:

Zootown Rox said:

Very intriguing post. Nice to see some original thought and deep analysis. I mean, I haven't seen anything similar posted on this board.

:roll:

Htowngriz said:
Zootown Rox said:

Really?? I think the fact that we turned first half blowouts against EWU and CCU into one-score games in the end would suggest otherwise...

And oh yeah, we managed to score 37 ppg last year while being completely "underwhelming". :roll:

Exactly, we had one of the best offenses in the Big Sky last year.

Htowngriz said:
Zootown Rox said:

And what was that good for? 10 lousy wins, that's all. :lol: :D

AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
Zootown Rox said:

And what was that good for? 10 lousy wins, that's all. :lol: :D
It has already been proven we had a very soft schedule last year. Not one quality win except maybe the cats. I am not going to jump on the Griz offense this year because of injuries-over all I give the coaching staff kudos for keeping things together. But go see how many points we scored against teams with winning records last year. Not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back