• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best All Around Player the Griz have ever had?

Who is the Best All Around Griz Mens Basketball Player?

• Matt Martin

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michael Ray Richardson

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Larry Krystkowiak

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Gary Kane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Breunig

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Nope he's too fast but thanks for trashing a former player. You're one of the "good ones" :jack:

Yeah, 'cause you've never done that. :lol:

Trash a former player, I mean. I'm sure you've done the emoji activity....

Name one!

It seems I am touting a great Griz player in this thread but since you have your usual (nothing) please keep deflecting from the thread its what you do.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
EverettGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Nope he's too fast but thanks for trashing a former player. You're one of the "good ones" :jack:

Name one!

1. John Nguyen (current player of course, not former but I'm sure you'll still bash him after he graduates)
2. Peter Nguyen
3. Trumaine Johnson
4. Andrew Swink
5. Matt Hermanson

Should I go on? I didn't want to list more than 5 since you only asked for 1 but I'm certain I could do a Top 20 list of players (current and former) you've bashed in various ways (like claiming they are gang-bangers, thugs, and made other nasty accusations and comments about) and barely be scratching the surface.

A much shorter list would be "Players who Alpha has complimented."

Potomac Griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
EverettGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Name one!

1. John Nguyen (current player of course, not former but I'm sure you'll still bash him after he graduates)
2. Peter Nguyen
3. Trumaine Johnson
4. Andrew Swink
5. Matt Hermanson

Should I go on? I didn't want to list more than 5 since you only asked for 1 but I'm certain I could do a Top 20 list of players (current and former) you've bashed in various ways (like claiming they are gang-bangers, thugs, and made other nasty accusations and comments about) and barely be scratching the surface.

Tripp, Wilson, Quinn

PlayerRep said:
Potomac Griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
EverettGriz said:

Name one!

2. Peter Nguyen
3. Trumaine Johnson
4. Andrew Swink
5. Matt Hermanson

Tripp, Wilson, Quinn

Can't believe I forgot about Wilson. Would have put him in the top 5 for sure. Alpha sure bashed the shit out of him whenever given the chance.

Kind of funny to think about though.... Wilson could likely buy Alpha's business with his pocket change right now... That's gotta hurt! :p

For guards, I'd throw Kevin Criswell, David Bell, and JR Camel.

Martin's grit set him apart though. Pound for pound the most grits I've seen. If he were 8 inches taller then might have had the most grits of all time...

This years Griz team might have a chance to win the BSC and a game in the dance if Matt Martin was on the team.

Go Weber, represent the BSC like you do almost every year.

Potomac Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Potomac Griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Name one!

2. Peter Nguyen
3. Trumaine Johnson
4. Andrew Swink
5. Matt Hermanson

Tripp, Wilson, Quinn

Can't believe I forgot about Wilson. Would have put him in the top 5 for sure. Alpha sure bashed the shit out of him whenever given the chance.

Kind of funny to think about though.... Wilson could likely buy Alpha's business with his pocket change right now... That's gotta hurt! :p

I make more than he does............THATS GOTTA HURT!!! :cool:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
This years Griz team might have a chance to win the BSC and a game in the dance if Matt Martin was on the team.

Go Weber, represent the BSC like you do almost every year.

Welcome back! Just a one month timeout this time?

Good question AG

MRR was the clearly most important in terms of playing accomplishments. Right behind him I'd put LK. One obscure yet great player we never discuss is from the "dark days" of Pat Kennedy. Remember David Bell? He played for the Daredevils here in Butte about 10 years ago, and was an all star in the CBA (or whatever it was) and won the 3 point contest. AJ likely had the best single game performance In the history of Griz hoops. Pope shattering a backboard is the defining Griz basketball moment for me.

Oh. And PR is running amuck in your absence.

I was discussing this thread on a golf course with MM over the weekend and he agreed I am on the right track, and rightly so believe we would take LK or MRR apart on the hardwood.

Montana Magic approves this message

I'm going with a contrarian selection: Michael John Richardson. He could have also been in rodeo, played first base and maybe put the shot.

I understand ... some people will make any kind of ridiculous claim just to get some bullshit going. In that vein, does anyone remember Schilke? ... can't remember his last name.

A little late to the party, I admit. Michael Ray Richardson without a doubt was the best player ever at UM. I don't remember which year it was but I seem to recall that MRR led the NBA in both assists a d steals one year. I might be wrong on this but I do recall that to be the case. He had the quickest first step to the basket I ever saw, could score at will and when he put his mind to it was a lock down defender. His outside shot was not the best, but when you could drive to the basket like he could, you didn't need to be a great outside shooter. He was certainly good enough!

Harold Fullerton. Btw, how'd Martin do in the NBA? MRR was considered by many to be one of the top players of all time ... and could have been even better.

Latest posts

Back