• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calling You Out

I've known about Stitt for awhile. I was pleasantly surprised that he was a candidate for the position and am happy that he was hired. His offense is dynamic and very hard to defend. The fact that we kept TG as DC along with Green and some of the other staff is also encouraging. I think we improved our staff this week.

If nothing else, it will be very fun to watch and will be an entertaining brand of football.

Copper Griz said:
GrizMusician said:
mtgrizrule said:
GrizMusician said:

Is that a yes or no for/against the Stitt hire?

I prefer not to judge someone based on the preconceived notions of others. :thumb:

Would this be a preconceived notion or yes/no?

Re: Pelini to youngstown
by GrizMusician » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:12 pm

HELL NO... Pelini is an asshat. We don't need that bad energy in our program.

GrizMusician
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Griz
Absolutely not. He IS an asshat.

Against

This was a bad hire and we are a few games away from wanting Hauck back. He should be here now, maybe we can get a new AD that knows what is going on and get Montana football back

Big G said:
Against

This was a bad hire and we are a few games away from wanting Hauck back. He should be here now, maybe we can get a new AD that knows what is going on and get Montana football back

I'm guessing you are referring to our first three games? I LOLed. Hauck could handle them?

Big G said:
Against

Against G...another Asshat...

I'm in. This is exciting. Yeah Pease or Hauck could have kept us out of the ditch, but this program seems to be on the verge of something big. With the coach, facility improvements and recruits coming as of now...we will be at the top of the BSC and I smell a Deeep run if not a Natty in 2-3 years. Or a move up.

signedbewildered said:
Big G said:
Against

I'm guessing you are referring to our first three games? I LOLed. Hauck could handle them?

With Coach Hauck we would go undefeated next year the only games that would be competitive would be Ndsu and Ewu and a deep playoff run. He should have got the job

Big G said:
signedbewildered said:
Big G said:
Against

With Coach Hauck we would go undefeated next year the only games that would be competitive would be Ndsu and Ewu and a deep playoff run. He should have got the job

Now you're just being silly. Even Alpha know better than that.

GrizzGriz said:
Big G said:
Against

Big G expresses his opinion, and you call him an Asshat. GG, you are the Asshat on this one.

PlayerRep said:
GrizzGriz said:
Big G said:
Against

Big G expresses his opinion, and you call him an Asshat. GG, you are the Asshat on this one.

Thank you Playa...now I fit in with the rest of eGriz...called out by the DoucheRep!!!!!

I'm all in. The way I look at it is this: No, he didn't make CSM into a championship level team. However, he made what was once the dregs of Division II football into a contender virtually every season, with marginal talent. And if he's smart enough to have kept the coaches that are rumored to have been kept, he's already showing the level of intelligence that will take the Griz a long way. I'm excited to see what he'll do with Grizzly level talent and support. Is it a roll of the dice? Maybe a little, but not nearly as much as many would have you believe. I wouldn't have been unhappy with Bobby or Pease, but I'm happier having someone who I'm betting can elevate the Griz to a completely different level.

Maintaining the Caddy from 1996 to 2009 was fine, when it was still a decent running Caddy. It's now a broken down Caddy. It's time to buy (and try) something even more high octane.

Like I said earlier on this topic, the pride and tradition of the Montana Grizzlies will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak. Hiring Coach Stitt was not a weak or timid move; only time will tell if it was a smart move, but I'm excited to give the coach a chance to prove himself at Montana's level.

Copper Griz said:
Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails. How about you? It is on the record moving forward that way and BW will have material for his charts and graphs. Up or down, cast a vote or you are a poser clown.

I deliberately made Stitt the first of these I began posting the week after EWU!

This is the first in a series of "potential" candidates for the next Griz Head Coach

http://www.csmorediggers.com/sports/fball/coaches/Bob_Stitt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bob Stitt returns for his 15th season as the head football coach at the Colorado School of Mines in 2014. Entering the 2014 season, Stitt holds a 98-60 overall record (.620 win percentage) and a 75-43 mark in the RMAC (.638 win percentage).

Stitt earned his 85th victory as head coach at Mines in the 2012 season opener against William Jewell (W, 57-16) which put him tops on Mines' career coaching victories list ahead of RMAC and Colorado School of Mines Hall of Famer, Marv Kay. Fittingly, Mines set a then school record with 690 yards of total offense in the win.

In 2013, the Orediggers posted an 8-3 record, including a 7-2 record in the RMAC to finish second in the league standings. The 8-3 record gave Stitt his 12th winning season in 14 years and a program-record seventh-straight winning season overall. The Orediggers opened the season with a program-record 727 yards of offense on 108 plays in the squad’s 72-6 win over South Dakota Mines. Also in that game, Mines tied a 40-year-old NCAA Division II record with 42 first downs, set by Delaware in 1973.

The 2013 squad finished inside the top-25 of several NCAA statistical categories, including: net punting (1st, 41.00), kick return average (4th, 25.89), scoring defense (7th, 17.0), first downs (7th, 319), passing offense (10th, 319.0), total offense (11th, 494.1), time of possession (13th, 32:52), passing efficiency defense (15th, 107.21), third down defense (19th, 0.324) and fourth down conversion percent (22nd, 0.596). Mines also finished in the top-three in the RMAC in 24 different statistical categories as well, including leading the conference in fewest penalty yards per game (56.2).

A native of Tecumseh, Nebraska, Stitt lettered in football, basketball, track & field and baseball at Tecumseh High School. Stitt and his wife, the former Joan Scherrer, reside in Arvada with their sons, Joe and Sam.

RECRUITING AREAS: East Denver Suburbs / Nebraska / Nevada

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VIDEO: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/bob-stitt-colorado-school-of-mines-head-coach-offensive-innovator-stitthappens-112114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumb:

Congratulations on your new hire, Grizzlies. I really like the guy. I truly think he will do good things for your program. :thumb:

Back