• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calling You Out

like the hire,,,,,looks like a chance to have a GREAT offense and with the retention of coaches a GREAT defense......the bsc will not know what to do...Ha !

cclarkblues said:
I have been on the Stitt - train since 1995, but I also am behind the coach.

I have been on board the Stitt hire since 1971. I actually grew up in rural Nebraska across the street from the Stitt family. I ran with Bob's younger brother, Francis "Bull" Stitt. Even as a child, Bobby Stitt would revolutionize the games we played. In the fall of 1971, Bob was the coach and organizer of our school's recess "smear the queer team". Even at the tender age of 7, Coach Stitt came up with innovations such as the "waffle stomper stomp" to the bridge of the foot play and the "elbow grinder". Oh sure, everybody knows and uses these plays now and takes them for granted. I was there in '71 when a young Coach Stitt revolutionized the game.

Ursa Major said:
cclarkblues said:

I have been on board the Stitt hire since 1971. I actually grew up in rural Nebraska across the street from the Stitt family. I ran with Bob's younger brother, Francis "Bull" Stitt. Even as a child, Bobby Stitt would revolutionize the games we played. In the fall of 1971, Bob was the coach and organizer of our school's recess "smear the queer team". Even at the tender age of 7, Coach Stitt came up with innovations such as the "waffle stomper stomp" to the bridge of the foot play and the "elbow grinder". Oh sure, everybody knows and uses these plays now and takes them for granted. I was there in '71 when a young Coach Stitt revolutionized the game.

Wow . . . I had no idea that you were acquainted with Bull Stitt.

MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:
cclarkblues said:

Bull Stitt was the best man of my short lived third marriage.

Umista

Ursa Major said:
MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:
cclarkblues said:

Umista

You must know his cousin then . . . Evan Moore Stitt? I dated him right before my last rehab.

MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:
MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:

Umista

You must know his cousin then . . . Evan Moore Stitt? I dated him right before my last rehab.

I went to college with his nephew, Ronnie Stitt....

Ursa Major said:
cclarkblues said:

Hey, I remember you. You were that kid who always had new Sorels in the winter. Either you were the eldest of your brood or the heir to the vast Sorel empire. No wonder the elder Stitt sought you out for the "waffle stomper stomp." Your ability to change the course of a game with your unworn snow boot traction on the frozen tundra of the Eastern Nebraska asphalt was nothing short of Csonka-like. Speed kills, and there has never been a better example of that fact than the STQ games I saw on those hallowed grounds.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
cclarkblues said:

Hey, I remember you. You were that kid who always had new Sorels in the winter. Either you were the eldest of your brood or the heir to the vast Sorel empire. No wonder the elder Stitt sought you out for the "waffle stomper stomp." Your ability to change the course of a game with your unworn snow boot traction on the frozen tundra of the Eastern Nebraska asphalt was nothing short of Csonka-like. Speed kills, and there has never been a better example of that fact than the STQ games I saw on those hallowed grounds.
Hallowed grounds indeed!

Good hire, I'll tie my car to his train. The way he speaks reminds me of the way Don used to speak.(down to earth, someone who relates to his players)

AllWeatherFan said:
I called for Stitt's hire five years ago. But it was on a gardening website.

I hope you remember that I was 100% behind your valiant efforts on that one. Sometimes those Mum Moms are a stubborn bunch!

Back