• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calling You Out

GonzoGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails.

"That way...no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong.... I for one...will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails."

I don't get it.

Come on man. You are acting like an MSU grad. You like him or not as the new HC.? This board is full of bitching and moaning year round. Don't be a fence rider or worse yet a "this is not a good hire" and then proclaim you were all for him after he has success. Conversely, I will have to say it was a bad hire if he fails as the head coach. (Eat crow) I am confident that won't happen.

signedbewildered said:
I was on the Hauck bandwagon until a day or two after Stitts name came up. Then I was on the fence. Then I educated myself. Stitts a leader and a thinker. He's the man.

My thoughts exactly. See nothing but good things happening for Griz Nation.. :thumb:

I like the hire. Period. Very excited. I freely admit that if I were in charge I would've gone after Lubick and Pease first and Stitt third. And maybe that happened! Dunno. Don't care. I love this hire.

Go Griz!

I think Stitt hire is more a measure of Haslam. He's had 2 years to think about this .... if Stitt stinks, it's on Kent. and if he's a winner... that's on Kent, too --- maybe he moves up, like the guy who went from UM to Wazzoo.

so, I'm supporting the AD and his choice!!

I deserve to be called out on this. Stitt was not on my list; I really wanted to see what Pease could do with this program. Like Pflu, I love his extensive BCS experience and I loved to watch BSU's offense when he was OC. While past friction (at NAU) between Pease and Haslam may have contributed to KH's decision, I'm good with it because of the respect I have for Haslam. My biggest concern with Stitt was that his hype far exceeded his results and his only experience above DII was two years at Harvard 15 years ago. I'm not so sure his offense that worked so well in DII will smoothly translate to D1 where the defenses are faster. The W. Virginia thing is an overused anecdote. He's a risk, but he's now our risk and I'm all in. I will, however, continue to respond to the many silly statements that appear here overhyping the hire as a sure thing, essentially assuring UM dominance, etc. We have a lot to see before we should get on that bandwagon.

I call BS on the coaching experience.. There isn't that big of gap between the two divisions. If I recall correctly, Sam Houston State got rocked this year by a team that's in the same conference as the School of Mines..

Our fan base sounds like we are from SEC and we hired some High School football coach, please... Just stop!

grizcountry420 said:
I call BS on the coaching experience.. There isn't that big of gap between the two divisions. If I recall correctly, Sam Houston State got rocked this year by a team that's in the same conference as the School of Mines..

Our fan base sounds like we are from SEC and we hired some High School football coach, please... Just stop!
Right, Western St. and Ft. Lewis (from that conf.) have matched up well with us. 4 games, 215 pts. to 2. You're nuts; the gap is large. It wasn't Stitt's team that beat SHSU was it; Wristen has a far better record of success than Stitt. In any case it was an anecdote, one isolated win does not bridge a gap.

kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:

Right, Western St. and Ft. Lewis (from that conf.) have matched up well with us. 4 games, 215 pts. to 2. You're nuts; the gap is large. It wasn't Stitt's team that beat SHSU was it; Wristen has a far better record of success than Stitt. In any case it was an anecdote, one isolated win does not bridge a gap.

You're nuts ya ole geezer. Like I said before, the gap between the two divisions isn't that big..

:)

grizcountry420 said:
kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:

You're nuts ya ole geezer. Like I said before, the gap between the two divisions isn't that big..

:)

i agree. look right below "reef".

Copper Griz said:
Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails. How about you? It is on the record moving forward that way and BW will have material for his charts and graphs. Up or down, cast a vote or you are a poser clown.

Definitely was not my first choice, then again I wasn’t consulted for my choice.

Being candid, never hear of coach Stitt till he was considered for the job, as I’m sure that was the case of many whom are flaunting coach Stitt ability in this forum.

I felt that UM with it’s standing in the FCS and it’s history could have done better that a division II coach.

Yes there has been some experience with D II coaches being hired for the job at UM, however Don Read, was coming into the program long before it’s success, in a matter of fact a lot of the success is due to coach Read, and Joe Glenn,well, coach Stitt’s credentials don’t compare with Glenn’s.

If there is any truth to rumors about misgivings between Haslem and Pease, that would be a mistake by Haslam for not hiring the best coach for the job, only the future will display the decision.

I doubt that coach Stitt will be able the live up to the expectation of posters in this forum.

With that said, I hope for the best for coach Stitt, and of course will have my support, being an rabid Griz fan, although I’m certain there will be times for discussion about his coaching prowess, after we finally get to see him coach a game or five at the FCS level of football.

I have a nagging concern, that it going to take more than West Coast Offense Out Of The Spread, with his one innovative play the Fly Sweep to be successful at the FCS level.

Better athletes, faster athletes at the FCS level and DC’s being able to defend the Spead better each year.

Look at this year National Championship Game in the FCS both teams run a Pro Set pound and grind offense.

It is going to take more that the Fly Sweep to compete, and meet the expectations of the wearers of those maroon color glasses, and I hope that coach Ty was speaking rhetorically when he said “ be careful of what you wish for “.

Go Griz

kemajic said:
I deserve to be called out on this. Stitt was not on my list; I really wanted to see what Pease could do with this program. Like Pflu, I love his extensive BCS experience and I loved to watch BSU's offense when he was OC. While past friction (at NAU) between Pease and Haslam may have contributed to KH's decision, I'm good with it because of the respect I have for Haslam. My biggest concern with Stitt was that his hype far exceeded his results and his only experience above DII was two years at Harvard 15 years ago. I'm not so sure his offense that worked so well in DII will smoothly translate to D1 where the defenses are faster. The W. Virginia thing is an overused anecdote. He's a risk, but he's now our risk and I'm all in. I will, however, continue to respond to the many silly statements that appear here overhyping the hire as a sure thing, essentially assuring UM dominance, etc. We have a lot to see before we should get on that bandwagon.

If the defenses are "faster" at this level, presumably wouldn't the offenses be similiarly faster? :?

grizcountry420 said:
kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:

You're nuts ya ole geezer. Like I said before, the gap between the two divisions isn't that big.
OK; so 215-2 doesn't represent a significant gap. I'm trying to catch up.

Stitt was my second choice. First was BP, but I will support Stitt and hopefully nothing happens that would make me change my support.

In 2012 we hired a guy with 2 years NAIA head coaching experience who inherited a 5-3 team and coached the NAIA team to a losing record both years. I have much higher expectations and faith in this hire exceeding his predecessor's accomplishments

I posted Stitt as the administration's choice - as well as my own - in advance of the announcement of his hire. Have neither seen nor heard anything to change my mind. :thumb:

Back