• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calling You Out

PlayerRep said:
GrizzGriz said:
Big G said:
Against

This was a bad hire and we are a few games away from wanting Hauck back. He should be here now, maybe we can get a new AD that knows what is going on and get Montana football back

Against G...another Asshat...

Big G expresses his opinion, and you call him an Asshat. GG, you are the Asshat on this one.

PR supporting Pickle Boy.

You can take me now, Lord. I've seen it all.

Oh, and I LIKE!!! #stittandchampionshipshappen.

I am onboard the Stitt wagon. I'm confident it's taking the Griz back to the promised land. Go Griz! #stitthappensinmaroon

AZGrizFan said:
What I WON'T do is judge Stitt based on how the 1st year is going. I made that mistake with Pflu through his first 14-15 games and was proven very wrong by the end of his second season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the first couple seasons, even if things don't go quite according to Hoyle.
Big difference in the two, Robin no HC experience, zd
Stitt has a lot.

Don't like it, I love it!

I like the hire, but I don't buy into the "he only could recruit marginal players" at CSM because it was an engineering school. There are plenty of schools with high academic levels that are very successful at football, in each level. From Stanford to Harvard to Cal Poly to CSM to yes, even my Orediggers, whom played for the NC 12-15 years ago, and have had success in other years.

And btw...our School of Mines is better than CSM. :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizzGriz said:
Big G said:
Against

This was a bad hire and we are a few games away from wanting Hauck back. He should be here now, maybe we can get a new AD that knows what is going on and get Montana football back

Against G...another Asshat...

Big G expresses his opinion, and you call him an Asshat. GG, you are the Asshat on this one.

PR supporting Pickle Boy.

You can take me now, Lord. I've seen it all.

Oh, and I LIKE!!! #stittandchampionshipshappen.

Big G is NOT Growler......it was obvious with Monte the Character because tendencies come out. Big G posts nothing like Growler...and I doubt he can keep is character in check this long.

Proud to support Coach Stitt - he was my choice of the finalists. This is going to be FUN! Might not have time to pee during the game.

I am underwhelmed by the hire. Most of you had never even heard of him until his name popped up as a candidate and now he is great and just what we need. I hope I am wrong and that he brings us back to the days of true championship football. Just seems strange that we hire a Div II coach who is so great that he stayed in obscurity for 15 years and now all of he is going to carry us to the promised land. I was a Hauck or Pease advocate myself but I think I understand why they were not the #1 choices. I think RE is going to be perfectly satisfied with this choice--nice and safe and 6-5 or 7-4 seasons are going to make him very happy. Remember he was quoted as saying he doesn't really like football and prefers basketball.

He has earned the chance a chance to give it a shot. Now let's see what he and the rest of the team can do. I will continue to support the Griz as I have since I first saw them play at Dornblazer in '69, butt frozen to an aluminum bleacher.

Yeah! In a way it reminds me of the Don Read hire. At the time Read was looking for another chance to prove himself. Stitts is looking for his first chance at the next level to prove himself. I think I'm gonna love his thinking outside the box! Time will tell!

All in, as I would have been with any of the top 3 candidates. I strongly suspect that any of them could have led this year's team to at least 2 more victories.

Which brings up a point, if this guy goes for it on 4th down as a matter of course, and extends offensive drives as he has in the past, does this mean the defense will be on the field for less drives, ergo less time on the field? Anyone know the TOP stats for CSM the last few years?

Copper Griz said:
Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails.

"That way...no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong.... I for one...will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails."

I don't get it.

signedbewildered said:
I was on the Hauck bandwagon until a day or two after Stitts name came up. Then I was on the fence. Then I educated myself. Stitts a leader and a thinker. He's the man.

:clap:

Back