• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we beat NDSU?

SloStang said:
grizcountry420 said:
SloStang said:
As tough as NDSU is I think you may have just as tough of a game the next week.

The first 4 games are brutal..
Cal Poly's first six are also brutal.
@ Montana
@ Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@ Montana State
Idaho State
@ Eastern Washington.

I have nothing but respect for Cal Poly. I worry about that game just as much as NDSU. But, wow, you guys do have a brutal schedule!

I give the edge to NDSU because of timing. I think the Grizzlies offense will still be trying to iron some of the wrinkles out of a new offense. But It's early in the season and the NDSU offense should be better than last year. The defense will be good, but not as good as the last 4 years.

Later in the season, I think the Grizzlies offense will have its timing down and pack more of a punch. So that could make the playoffs interesting.

Probably not. The defensive front 7 is good, but on the small and light side. That's not a good matchup against the NDSU power game. If the safeties cheat up in run support, the play action pass is tough to stop. That means the new offense in the first game needs to win a shootout.

grizfan47 said:
SloStang said:
grizcountry420 said:
SloStang said:
As tough as NDSU is I think you may have just as tough of a game the next week.

@ Montana
@ Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@ Montana State
Idaho State
@ Eastern Washington.

I have nothing but respect for Cal Poly. I worry about that game just as much as NDSU. But, wow, you guys do have a brutal schedule!

CP could theoretically start the season 0-6. Wow...

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan47 said:
SloStang said:
grizcountry420 said:
@ Montana
@ Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@ Montana State
Idaho State
@ Eastern Washington.

CP could theoretically start the season 0-6. Wow...
Or they can go 5-1. Wow... The only sure loss I see is ASU. They went 2-1 against the three teams from that list they faced in 2014. Looking at Montana's first 4 games they could theoretically could start the season 0-4. Wow...I do not think Montana will start 0-4 just like I do not believe Cal Poly will start 0-6. I think both Cal Poly and Montana will contend for the Big Sky Championship along with MSU and EWU.

Griz 17
Ndsu 45

Sorry but you are playing a team we want nothing to do with and you will get beat like we did at home in the playoffs. Embarrassing? Yes, but it helps keep the thoughts off all the rapes on campus.

We don't had a chance...

gorge.jpg

If our defense can do as well as they did last year and keep them under 30 then I think our offense will have a better shot at putting enough points on the board than last years. That said, I don't think our defense will keep it within reach and we will go down 38-24.

IroneagleXP said:
No way in hell. 0 in 4 to start the season.
Don't worry about what Ironeagle says. He has been really negative since the aliens took him up to the mother ship and did things to him.......sexual things.

Anything can happen between top FCS programs. Our O will be better than last year. We shouldn't have as much trouble in the red zone. 2 of our LBs and both safeties are green. There is your chance.

Why are some of you so confident in your new offense with an unproven QB against a proven NDSU defensive staff with 4 former successful DCs? I like our chances there. You may put up some points but not nearly enough IMHO. You just wont have enough time with our O playing keep away.

westnodak93bison said:
Anything can happen between top FCS programs. Our O will be better than last year. We shouldn't have as much trouble in the red zone. 2 of our LBs and both safeties are green. There is your chance.

Why are some of you so confident in your new offense with an unproven QB against a proven NDSU defensive staff with 4 former successful DCs? I like our chances there. You may put up some points but not nearly enough IMHO. You just wont have enough time with our O playing keep away.

Did you see our offense last year? I mean, ANYTHING has to be an improvement over THAT. :oops: :oops:

grizaremoregooder said:
IroneagleXP said:
No way in hell. 0 in 4 to start the season.
Don't worry about what Ironeagle says. He has been really negative since the aliens took him up to the mother ship and did things to him.......sexual things.

Yeah, there's that. But don't forget that her prognostications are right less frequently than a broken clock. It's got to be really sad and depressing to be IonBeagle....

Anything could happen. But, my guess is no. Maybe in a year or two. If you even have to ask if a team can get beat it's unlikely.

Maroon colored welding goggles firmly fastened! Obviously NDSU is the favorite but hey, I believe we can beat them in WaGriz.

Of course the Griz can win. It will be a very tough game, but it's a new season, we won't really know until it happens. If the players don't think upsets are possible then they won't win, but I doubt that's the case. The fans can state the obvious, that NDSU is very good, but upsets happen all the time.

Back