• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we beat NDSU?

THE HERD said:
brewskis said:
If our defense can do as well as they did last year and keep them under 30 then I think our offense will have a better shot at putting enough points on the board than last years. That said, I don't think our defense will keep it within reach and we will go down 38-24.

Just wondering why you think your D did so well last year? If you look at the game stats that is clearly not the case. We had 24 first downs, 280 net yards rushing, 447 total yards and held the ball for damn near 40 minutes of the game. I will give the Griz D some credit for coming up with a few plays in the red zone, but lets face it that game was a couple of plays from being extremely ugly. If you just look at the score 22-10 it looks like a fairly competitive game, but in reality it really wasn't....this is not smack talk.....I just think a few of you haven't really looked at the stats from that game other than the final score.
You're absolutely right, if you guys would have scored some TD's instead of FG's it would have been ugly. But still, if our defense comes up with stops in the red zone again next year then we have a chance.

Saying they "let off the pedal" and is not quite accurate. Nobody is going to actively avoid scoring to hold onto the ball. But it's not completely inaccurate either, they did become more conservative on 3rd downs.

IroneagleXP said:
Brand new offensive system incorporating a ton of change, with an unathletic QB that looks and runs like a giraffe....ya, "excellent" and the griz offense will definitely not go together. NDSU will absolutely destroy the griz, with the end game stats favoring the Bizon even more than last year. Griz fans are high as f.ck if they think they win this game. Period. End thread.

You are a little bitch. Period. End thread.

THE HERD said:
brewskis said:
If our defense can do as well as they did last year and keep them under 30 then I think our offense will have a better shot at putting enough points on the board than last years. That said, I don't think our defense will keep it within reach and we will go down 38-24.

Just wondering why you think your D did so well last year? If you look at the game stats that is clearly not the case. We had 24 first downs, 280 net yards rushing, 447 total yards and held the ball for damn near 40 minutes of the game. I will give the Griz D some credit for coming up with a few plays in the red zone, but lets face it that game was a couple of plays from being extremely ugly. If you just look at the score 22-10 it looks like a fairly competitive game, but in reality it really wasn't....this is not smack talk.....I just think a few of you haven't really looked at the stats from that game other than the final score.

It was a couple plays away from being ugly, and a couple plays away from being a Griz victory. In the vaunted FargoDome.

THAT'S what you should be worried about.

AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
brewskis said:

It was a couple plays away from being ugly, and a couple plays away from being a Griz victory. In the vaunted FargoDome.

Absolutely! And now it's our turn to show them what the loudest stadium in FCS sounds like!

IroneagleXP said:
Brand new offensive system incorporating a ton of change, with an unathletic QB that looks and runs like a giraffe....ya, "excellent" and the griz offense will definitely not go together. NDSU will absolutely destroy the griz, with the end game stats favoring the Bizon even more than last year. Griz fans are high as f.ck if they think they win this game. Period. End thread.

Again your predictions are the worst. You predicted last year....and I quote....the cats will destroy you guys even without Prukop, mark my words, quote me on it....well that didn't work out very well for ya did it. I think it may be time for a new hobby there Nostradamus. The only thing you predicted correctly was that you'd turn into the biggest closet Griz fan in the history of the program. You got that down well. Well that and your identity crisis between being a Cat fan who pretends to be an EWU fan. Man you're effed up.

AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
brewskis said:

Yes, we might have gotten another deep ball or two with a spectacular catch. But that is the ONLY thing we had on offense. The O-line couldn't play smashmouth/play action with most teams last season, and certainly not with the Bison. Lets be honest with ourselves, we didn't have a reasonable chance to win the game.

Griz!ron said:
AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
brewskis said:

Yes, we might have gotten another deep ball or two with a spectacular catch. But that is the ONLY thing we had on offense. The O-line couldn't play smashmouth/play action with most teams last season, and certainly not with the Bison. Lets be honest with ourselves, we didn't have a reasonable chance to win the game.

Doesn't change the fact that but for an INT in the end zone it's a 19-17 game as the 3rd quarter ends. All the stats in the world can't change that. So, like I've said a couple times: NDSU should be more worried that they couldn't put away an obviously overmatched Griz team IN THEIR OWN HOUSE than what the Griz are going to be able to do in 4 months.

"It was a couple plays away from being ugly, and a couple plays away from being a Griz victory..."

You do have a point there.

Probably the most ridiculous topic I have ever seen. Can the Griz beat NDSU? Of course they can.

Will they? Not sure a defense that gave up 280 rushing against NDSU last year, who has lost most of their key contributors on defense and is going up against an NDSU team that retains their entire offensive line and quarterback is a good scenario. I think it will be an interesting game, but I do think NDSU is a better team and will win.

Regarding the comment I read about this being the biggest game in Griz history....give me a break. UM has played in what, 7 national championships? Pretty sure a non conference home opener doesn't hold a candle to one of those games.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Probably the most ridiculous topic I have ever seen. Can the Griz beat NDSU? Of course they can.

Will they? Not sure a defense that gave up 280 rushing against NDSU last year, who has lost most of their key contributors on defense and is going up against an NDSU team that retains their entire offensive line and quarterback is a good scenario. I think it will be an interesting game, but I do think NDSU is a better team and will win.

Regarding the comment I read about this being the biggest game in Griz history....give me a break. UM has played in what, 7 national championships? Pretty sure a non conference home opener doesn't hold a candle to one of those games.

You may very well be the first Bison fan who just "gets" it. Wow refreshing. Welcome to our board. Please come back and post on behalf of normal Bison fans as opposed to those who joined the ranks in the last two years and believe fully you'd beat Alabama 3 out of 4

AZGrizFan said:
Griz!ron said:
AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:

Doesn't change the fact that but for an INT in the end zone it's a 19-17 game as the 3rd quarter ends. All the stats in the world can't change that. So, like I've said a couple times: NDSU should be more worried that they couldn't put away an obviously overmatched Griz team IN THEIR OWN HOUSE than what the Griz are going to be able to do in 4 months.

Not exactly sure what you mean by couldn't put them away. They won the game the game by two scores right?

It is amazing how many games NDSU has played like that, 22-10 etc, over the past 4 years. You know how many teams have come from behind in the second half to win against NDSU in the last 61 games NDSU has played? 1. At the end of the day a win is a win and when it gets to the fourth quarter and NDSU is leading, you might as well ring the bell because it is usually over at that point. They play a style of game that tends to be low scoring, grind out and wear out the opponent.

Regardless of last year, this year is a different year. I honestly think it comes down to turnovers and if the Griz defense can improve against the rush. If they force a few turnovers and stop NDSU from gashing them on the ground, I think they will win a close game at home. If not, I think NDSU will win again by two scores.

Should be a fun game.

HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

You may very well be the first Bison fan who just "gets" it. Wow refreshing. Welcome to our board. Please come back and post on behalf of normal Bison fans as opposed to those who joined the ranks in the last two years and believe fully you'd beat Alabama 3 out of 4

You know I get what you mean. Look, I am a lifelong NDSU fan, and I can see where you are coming from. Most NDSU fans out there are always confident, which I do not feel is bad, but a select few get over the top. A lot of the arrogant fan base you see now is from the fringe of the impulsive bandwagon jumping NDSU fans and overwhelmingly it comes from keyboard thumpers on forums like this. Come to an NDSU game sometime and ask those tailgating if NDSU could beat Alabama. 99% would laugh at the notion.

Like I said though, I would never apologize for being a confident fan. By and large the fan base is confident. I do not think that is a bad thing. You should never come into a game with the expectation of getting beat, regardless if the other opponent is better or not. Topics ike this bother me. Any fan who questions whether their team can compete and have a chance to win is a horseshit fan in my opinion. Of course the Griz can beat NDSU this year. This is a dumb topic.

Probably won't be able to get a ticket, but I will be up in Missoula to drink some beer, tailgate and fish for a week. Should be a fun start to the fall.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Not sure a defense that gave up 280 rushing against NDSU last year, who has lost most of their key contributors on defense and is going up against an NDSU team that retains their entire offensive line and quarterback is a good scenario.
You're not much of a scout. UM did not "lose most of their key contributors on defense." Hardly. We had the best LB set in the BSC last year and they are all back and deeper. This defense will be better than last year and will have to carry the load for the first four tough games while the offense gets its feet under itself. Good enough to stop NDSU? Probably not, but upsets happen in college football. Like last year, UM has to be more concerned with its offense, which has a lot of change and considerably less experience.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Not sure a defense that gave up 280 rushing against NDSU last year, who has lost most of their key contributors on defense and is going up against an NDSU team that retains their entire offensive line and quarterback is a good scenario.
You're not much of a scout. UM did not "lose most of their key contributors on defense." Hardly. We had the best LB set in the BSC last year and they are all back and deeper. This defense will be better than last year and will have to carry the load for the first four tough games while the offense gets its feet under itself. Good enough to stop NDSU? Probably not, but upsets happen in college football. Like last year, UM has to be more concerned with its offense, which has a lot of change and considerably less experience.

..except one thing....a healthy Ellis now compliments Jamal. And finally, a loaded backfield retuns. Not As inexperienced ...but a new caller and change in scheme, OL. But I like this offense better than huggy bear brought. If we kept it that close then, I promise it will be every bit better. Plus Wa is always good for a 7 pt advantage..yeah...NDSU is fucked

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

..except one thing....a healthy Ellis now compliments Jamal. And finally, a loaded backfield retuns. Not As inexperienced ...but a new caller and change in scheme, OL. But I like this offense better than huggy bear brought. If we kept it that close then, I promise it will be every bit better. Plus Wa is always good for a 7 pt advantage..yeah...NDSU is f***[*]
I don't think our backfield qualifies as loaded yet, I'm betting they'll have a good year but still a lot to prove.

The Grizzlies may or may not beat the Bizon. But The University of Montana will always beat North Dakota State University. This is the way it is. It has been decided.

CDAGRIZ said:
The Grizzlies may or may not beat the Bizon. But The University of Montana will always beat North Dakota State University. This is the way it is. It has been decided.
Pffft...in what capacity? Kicking out mediocre doctors and lawyers? [emoji14]

westnodak93bison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Pffft...in what capacity? Kicking out mediocre doctors and lawyers? [emoji14]

Simple geography. You live in one of the armpits of America. We win even if we lose-you lose even if you win.

Latest posts

Back