• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat fight

Htowngriz said:
getgrizzy said:
Gregorak's defense was way better than Stitt's offense last year. Stitt made sure no one took a look at that by making Gregorak the fall guy.
When Gus was healthy? No.
Other than three interceptions, was Gus "unhealthy" against Cal Poly?

CP's average 2015 season offense, 479 yds/game. At Montana, 386 yds.

UMGriz75 said:
Htowngriz said:
getgrizzy said:
Gregorak's defense was way better than Stitt's offense last year. Stitt made sure no one took a look at that by making Gregorak the fall guy.

Oh, was that the game where Ty's defense couldn't stop a team with no passing game from completing a game-winning drive?

Htowngriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Htowngriz said:
getgrizzy said:

Oh, was that the game where Ty's defense couldn't stop a team with no passing game from completing a game-winning drive?

The ineptness of Ty's play calling on that Cal Poly game-winning drive is rivaled only by Mick Delaney's punt return defense called against Southern Utah a few years back. Both stand out as the biggest Griz coaching brain farts in recent memory, and both cost the Griz those games.

Htowngriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Htowngriz said:
getgrizzy said:

Lots of blame to pass around in that one but I do remember watching Cal Poly run and stretch it all the way to the sidelines to get out of bounds about 4 times in a row. Just one tackle in bounds and the game is over. How Ty and the D didn't make that part happen was extremely frustrating. Like I said, should have never been in that position to begin with.

Htowngriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Htowngriz said:
getgrizzy said:

CP's average 2015 season offense, 479 yds/game.

No, that was the game that Cal Poly won with a last second 49 yard field goal.

You may have been at a different game.

One year after giving up 421 yards on the ground in a 41-21 loss to Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, Montana's defense gave up a quiet 330 and kept the Mustangs out of the end zone in the second half. But the offense was unable to reward the effort.

"It's too bad. Our defense fought their hearts out. We were thin on the defensive line, and we still held these guys to 20 points. It should have been enough," said Stitt. "We needed to score more points, and we had opportunities to do that."
It was, in fact, the first opportunity for Brady to meet the underside of the bus.
"Brady knows he left some out there today. Until you watch the tape you really and truly don't know, but Brady was here to get the W and didn't get it."
However, the question was, how was Brady "healthy?"

brewskis said:
If that's considered throwing a player under the bus then we've all gone pretty damn soft.

Spot on. Time to get the sand out of the vajay-jay boys! I played college sports and a comment like that is not even close to being thrown under the bus. In fact it was weak compared to some of the stuff we heard all the time. And NONE of us got worked up about it. We knew our coach was demanding our best and trying to motivate usore than we could motivate ourselves. I'd bet a large amount of money that Brady himself took no offense to that comment whatsoever and would be the first to admit he did miss some plays out there.

Throwing a player under a bus would involve a player playing absolutely lights out, putting up big numbers, mistake free and then a coach saying that said player didn't do enough to get the win.

Brady played like crap against Poly. Stitt didn't throw him under the bus with his comments.

HookedonGriz said:
Lots of blame to pass around in that one but I do remember watching Cal Poly run and stretch it all the way to the sidelines to get out of bounds about 4 times in a row. Just one tackle in bounds and the game is over. How Ty and the D didn't make that part happen was extremely frustrating. Like I said, should have never been in that position to begin with.
Interesting how people's opinions have "evolved" about Ty.
HookedonGriz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:51 am
Wow all of that mess you just mentioned and it still took an improbable 49 yard field goal in the final seconds for the Griz to lose to a team who beat us 42-21 last year.....
grizindabox » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Really....improbable...
HookedonGriz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 pm
Oh and a couple have commented on the improbable 48 yard FG comment.....I know all I need to know about your football knowledge if you think 48 yard Field Goals are gimmies, especially by freshman kickers, let alone a wet field and ball. Ask any kicker in college at any level if that kick is a gimme or is probable and you'll have your answer.

HookedonGriz said:
Spot on. Time to get the sand out of the vajay-jay boys! I played college sports and a comment like that is not even close to being thrown under the bus. In fact it was weak compared to some of the stuff we heard all the time. And NONE of us got worked up about it. We knew our coach was demanding our best and trying to motivate usore than we could motivate ourselves. I'd bet a large amount of money that Brady himself took no offense to that comment whatsoever and would be the first to admit he did miss some plays out there.
It's a long ways from coaching the players to doing their best, and making it crystal clear when they've screwed up, even by removing a few layers of skin and adding blisters, to doing it at press conferences. Coach-speak for "it's not MY fault!"

Perhaps your college coaches "coached" by means of press conferences. I happen to think its a chicken-shit way to coach.

It was an Ash strategy; "we just didn't play well, but gosh, I kept Bleskin in because I just knew that after three interceptions, he had to get better! So, it's kind of all Bleskin's fault. No, it IS all Bleskin's fault. I don't make the calls here. I'm just the Coach."

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Interesting how people's opinions have "evolved" about Ty.
HookedonGriz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:51 am
Wow all of that mess you just mentioned and it still took an improbable 49 yard field goal in the final seconds for the Griz to lose to a team who beat us 42-21 last year.....
grizindabox » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Really....improbable...
HookedonGriz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 pm
Oh and a couple have commented on the improbable 48 yard FG comment.....I know all I need to know about your football knowledge if you think 48 yard Field Goals are gimmies, especially by freshman kickers, let alone a wet field and ball. Ask any kicker in college at any level if that kick is a gimme or is probable and you'll have your answer.

Cute try as as always. Apples to oranges comparisons here. My first quote was a response (in this thread) agreeing with the poster that Ty's inability to adjust or make the right call at the end of that game cost us dearly. It's a fact that one tackle in bounds during that last Cal Poly drive and the game is over. As you can see I said plenty of blame to pass around and that we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place (If offense does their part).

The other quotes you used were in response to you going on and on about how awful the offense was and what dire straits the Griz and Stitt were in. Two completely different responses on two completely different topics.

As for your claim that Stitt threw Brady under the bus there....wow you must be a fragile little flower. You're probably the parent who calls the school to complain that the Honor Roll students shouldn't be allowed to wear a special yellow sash at graduation to recognize their incredible efforts because it may hurt your little Johnny's feelings. Or better yet the principal who changes the name of the school "talent show" to the "best foot forward" show just in case Johnny doesn't have any talent and feels hurt. Grow a pair.

You claim you coached, played sports, mentored, walked on the moon, and discovered the Internet....if you truly did all of that you would have come across harsh words, harsh coaches, pressure, and being throw under the bus to reach those heights. So you should be able to recognize the difference bt what Stitt said and what getting throw under the bus really is. So which is it Sally?

Furthermore, Gustafson even took the blame for his poor play. From the Missoulian:

The penalty, declined by the Mustangs who instead took the ball, falls on Gustafson's head, the QB said. He thought the play clock was nearly out and called for a quick snap before the two backs could reset.

"I just shot our team in the foot from that point on," Gustafson lamented.

Couple things from a rational (I think at least) Cats fan.

1) TG is now the Cats DC...that makes BN happy, and EG happy.

2) Kane is in his third (I think) coaching change in his career at MSU.

3) Google "assistant football coach fights" It's happens a LOT.

4) the MSU defence literally can't be worse than they were last year

5) Kane was the DC last year for one half of one game...that is it.

6) The two of them do not hate each other, any more than two brothers hate each other.

7) This post is to long, and I am starting to sound like a Gass bag.

HookedonGriz said:
The other quotes you used were in response to you going on and on about how awful the offense was and what dire straits the Griz and Stitt were in. Two completely different responses on two completely different topics.
Sorry, your comments were on a thread that I did not participate on. You were not "responding" to me. Right as usual. At that time, I had, in fact, not commented on Stitt or the game. Boy, you are a good one at fabricating.

HookedonGriz said:
As for your claim that Stitt threw Brady under the bus there....wow you must be a fragile little flower. You're probably the parent who calls the school to complain that the Honor Roll students shouldn't be allowed to wear a special yellow sash at graduation to recognize their incredible efforts because it may hurt your little Johnny's feelings. Or better yet the principal who changes the name of the school "talent show" to the "best foot forward" show just in case Johnny doesn't have any talent and feels hurt. Grow a pair.
Grow a pair yourself, only a pansy ass has to coach via press release and press conference. Real coaches do it on the field. To the players. Not the front row of reporters and hangers on like you. You obviously don't know the difference.

HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
If that's considered throwing a player under the bus then we've all gone pretty damn soft.

You can tell Brady loves this offense and that he likes the challenges that Stitt and the staff put on him. It's part of the job description at every successful program, there will be expectations. I hope Stitt continues to be forthright and honest.

Everyone left on the roster has the understanding that this season has to be better. I think this group is a real tough bunch.

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Grow a pair yourself, only a pansy ass has to coach via press release and press conference. Real coaches do it on the field. To the players. Not the front row of reporters and hangers on like you. You obviously don't know the difference.

Hilarious! So when AJ asks Stitt "how do you think Brady played?" And Stitt's response is, "Brady knows he left some out there today. Until you watch the tape you really and truly don't know, but Brady was here to get the W and didn't get it."

You claim that is a full on drive the bus over Brady? Man your sensitivity level is even worse than I thought. Did you see where Brady blasted himself in that same presser. Wow now Brady drove the bus over himself. Oh the himanity!

And why don't you also point to the times Stitt has gushed over his QB. That's called fair balance and there's plenty of examples. Quotes off the top of my head are:

He is our guy
He is so smart and so cerebral I knew he'd be the starter just a couple days in
He's my golden goose
We are lucky to have him
When Brady is in there everything just clicks

Yep, Stitt sounds really I pleased with his QB1.

Latest posts

Back