• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Daum-ination

It was to be held after Taggert and his gang of cut-throats attacked the town of Rock Ridge. On going Blazin Saddles references.

"Alright you caught me. Speaking the plain truth is getting pretty damn dull around here."' Works on a number of levels really.

You guys are killin me. With the speed and unimaginable route runners at msu, which will make all defenses line up 25 yards off the LOS(kempt) Daum wouldn't even make the roster. :lol:

You guys are killin me. With the speed and unimaginable route runners at msu, which will make all defenses line up 25 yards off the LOS(kempt) Daum wouldn't even make the roster. :lol:

nzone said:

That means somebody's got to go back and get a shitload of dimes!

Ted Dawson, KBZK tv news director:

The Dahlberg, one of the biggest high school track meets of the year is in Butte today. (This past Saturday, included all 14 Class AA schools, and Class A Butte Central) ...

Then, time for the 100 meter dash. And defending state champion Dalton Daum doesn't even break a sweat. The senior posts a time of 11.34 seconds in a race that was slowed by gusty wind conditions. Butte Central's Kyle Harrington finishes 3rd in 11.67 seconds.

And can Daum defend his other state crown, the 200 meter dash? Well, as you can see right here he doesn't plan on giving it up anytime soon. The Griz football commit finishes in 1st place, 22.61 seconds.

Caption this picture:

http://mtstandard.com/butte/daum-wins-at-dahlberg-invite/article_64a3e42d-1b4e-52ad-a252-a86d4f54e77f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Umista said:
Daum is rolling. Note his 100 times are coming down. 11.11 ain't bad boys...

His times are coming down with more meets, just as they did last season. I wonder if he'll get the 10.86 he ran at state last year?

Western Montana Top 10 Meet in Missoula:

100 – 1. Dalton Daum (Butte), 11.12; 2. Jed Nagler, (Whitefish), 11.37; 3. Cleet Wrzesinkski, (Ennis), 11.46; 4. Garrett Olson (Frenhtown), 11.55; 5. Sam Kirkeide (Big Sky), 11.57; 6. Christian Langston (Lincoln), 11.58.

200 – 1. Dalton Daum (Butte), 21.85; 2. Taylor Sylvester (Corvallis), 22.47 3. Cain Buschee (Glacier), 22.77; 4. Jed Nagler (Whitefish), 22.79; 5. Anthony Taylor (Capital), 23.02; 6. Tanner Dana (C Falls), 23.20.

***HS JR Jared Nagler also ran really well, as well as winning the high jump. Possible Griz.

Umista said:

"He (Daum) is so much faster than the field." said Glaciers Cain Boschee (1st team All-State Cornerback)... "You have to give 110 percent to compete in this event (200 M) but then you have to do so much better to stay with Daum."

IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:

His times are coming down with more meets, just as they did last season. I wonder if he'll get the 10.86 he ran at state last year?

100 – 1. Dalton Daum (Butte), 11.12; 2. Jed Nagler, (Whitefish), 11.37; 3. Cleet Wrzesinkski, (Ennis), 11.46; 4. Garrett Olson (Frenhtown), 11.55; 5. Sam Kirkeide (Big Sky), 11.57; 6. Christian Langston (Lincoln), 11.58.

200 – 1. Dalton Daum (Butte), 21.85; 2. Taylor Sylvester (Corvallis), 22.47 3. Cain Buschee (Glacier), 22.77; 4. Jed Nagler (Whitefish), 22.79; 5. Anthony Taylor (Capital), 23.02; 6. Tanner Dana (C Falls), 23.20.

***HS JR Jared Nagler also ran really well, as well as winning the high jump. Possible Griz.

Not only are the times impressive but he tends to maintain or increase his speed the further he goes. I hope he is fast in football pads too.

mtgrizrule said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:

Not only are the times impressive but he tends to maintain or increase his speed the further he goes. I hope he is fast in football pads too.

I agree, mtgrizrule. That's the good thing about his kick off returns, he never slowed (ran out of gas) or was caught from behind.

;) His three thousand receiving yards give a little indication he is fast in football pads too. :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:

I agree, mtgrizrule. That's the good thing about his kick off returns, he never slowed (ran out of gas) or was caught from behind.

;) His three thousand receiving yards give a little indication he is fast in football pads too. :thumb:
The 10.66 he ran last year was wind-aided, correct? Either way, 10.66 is FLYING. If he can run close to that this year, very very impressive.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:

He's getting faster because he's being pushed more by the completion. He would most likely run his best time against someone who was faster than him, but the kids he's running against, its not even close... The kids a speedster, the times he's putting up are probably a long way off what he's capable of.

I like Brekke, but so far he has done nothing against us. Never know, but I think Daum is at different level than Brekke. Of course, time will tell.

As a AA football junkie, I can assure you Daum is the real deal. There is no way you can break 11 when no one is pushing you or even within 10 yards at the finish. He runs fast enough to blow everyone out. He needs someone pushing him but hasn't had any competition this year.

Alaska Griz said:
I like Brekke, but so far he has done nothing against us. Never know, but I think Daum is at different level than Brekke. Of course, time will tell.

I'd take Brekke in a heartbeat. Even IF Daum ends up being at a different level...

Back