• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Daum-ination

AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
I like Brekke, but so far he has done nothing against us. Never know, but I think Daum is at different level than Brekke. Of course, time will tell.

I'd take Brekke in a heartbeat. Even IF Daum ends up being at a different level...

so you would take Brekke OVER Daum? I think the Griz have been fortunate in their instate pickups. At the end of the day, Roderick and Brekke may not even be a thorn in UM's side. I think Daum and Holden Ryan, on the other hand are going to be beasts. Of course, I'm only speculating from video and seeing Brekke playing receiver two times in person.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
I like Brekke, but so far he has done nothing against us. Never know, but I think Daum is at different level than Brekke. Of course, time will tell.

I'd take Brekke in a heartbeat. Even IF Daum ends up being at a different level...

so you would take Brekke OVER Daum? I think the Griz have been fortunate in their instate pickups. At the end of the day, Roderick and Brekke may not even be a thorn in UM's side. I think Daum and Holden Ryan, on the other hand are going to be beasts. Of course, I'm only speculating from video and seeing Brekke playing receiver two times in person.

I wish the GRIZ could have kept Brekke. This would have been the year he would be contributing at running back. He also is a pretty solid return man. Last year after Henderson went down, I was sure wishing we had Brekke. He is a much better return man than Nguyen.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:

Not what I said. Or at least not what I meant. I meant I'd take Brekke on our team right now. Wish we'd landed him as originally planned...that's all.

mtgrizrule said:
Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:

I wish the GRIZ could have kept Brekke. This would have been the year he would be contributing at running back. He also is a pretty solid return man. Last year after Henderson went down, I was sure wishing we had Brekke. He is a much better return man than Nguyen.

THIS. 1000 times THIS. :thumb: :thumb:

Hopefully Henderson stays healthy, crazy he's only a junior, could be a Mariani type returner. I really don't like seeing Ngyuen returning kicks at all. Seems like their are plenty of young athletes coming up on the team who can share return duties.

Daum's Top 10 meet time in the 200 of 21.85 is a new meet record by 1/100th. Today in a local met he ran 11.07 in the 100, and in his first 400 of the year, a 49.1. :eek:

Another beast is the younger Richards brother at Butte Central. Guy throws the discus like I could throw a frisbee. Is he is on the football radar? He is built like an Abrams tank.

I'm shocked Delaney didn't offer him a full ride. Stitt took no time in getting him the financial assistance to get him to switch, and even called going after him a "no brainer". Of course Daum is the fly-sweep guy and seemingly built for this offense, but still...why wouldn't we go get him when we knew he wanted to go to Missoula? That plus the 15 cut after spring, and the swiss-cheese O-Line make me think that we have just been mismanaging scholarships these last 3-4 years.

Buttegrizzle said:
Daum's Top 10 meet time in the 200 of 21.85 is a new meet record by 1/100th. Today in a local met he ran 11.07 in the 100, and in his first 400 of the year, a 49.1. :eek:

Another beast is the younger Richards brother at Butte Central. Guy throws the discus like I could throw a frisbee. Is he is on the football radar? He is built like an Abrams tank.

Has Daum ran the 400 in the past years? Has to be one of the top times in the state this year if not the fastest.

1972 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Has Daum ran the 400 in the past years? Has to be one of the top times in the state this year if not the fastest.

I think it's the fastest. He has the fastest 200 and 400 this year, and the second-fastest 100 (so far).

Buttegrizzle said:

He signed with Western.

CrunchGriz said:
1972 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

I think it's the fastest. He has the fastest 200 and 400 this year, and the second-fastest 100 (so far).

I don't know '72. It was his first 400 this year.

1972 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

From ButteSports.com: http://buttesports.com/dogs-host-impromptu-track-meet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bulldog sprinter Dalton Daum ran just two races Tuesday, the 100 and the 400. Both were excellent, by anyone’s standards.

Daum sailed through the 100, clocking in at 11.06, his fastest time of the season, and then came back and blasted a 49.59 in the 400 – the fastest time in the state so far this season.

“He’s got more in him,” a smiling Grey said after the race.

“That’s my first open 400 since I was a freshman or sophomore, I can’t remember,” Daum said, adding that he’d like to post a time in the 48-second range. The state record is the oldest in the books, a 47.9 set at English distance in 1976.

Daum wins east AA 100m prelims comfortably with 11.16 in typical crappy windy bozeman conditions. Next closest time is 11.46.

Buttegrizzle said:
Daum wins east AA 100m prelims comfortably with 11.16 in typical crappy windy bozeman conditions. Next closest time is 11.46.

Winning by 3/10 in a 100 isn't just winning, it's done and dusted. No disrespect to Butte high school coaches, but get this guy in the Champions center with pro-coaches and he will fly.

SaskGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Winning by 3/10 in a 100 isn't just winning, it's done and dusted. No disrespect to Butte high school coaches, but get this guy in the Champions center with pro-coaches and he will fly.

Well to be fair his coach Arie Gray is a top 10 all time state 400 runner and probably knows sumpin bout running. Even tho he played football for the Cats I like his Stitt type offense that makes the most of speed (and a lack of offensive line size). But you are correct - the new UM facility is really going to maximize these guys!

Buttegrizzle said:
SaskGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Well to be fair his coach Arie Gray is a top 10 all time state 400 runner and probably knows sumpin bout running. Even tho he played football for the Cats I like his Stitt type offense that makes the most of speed (and a lack of offensive line size). But you are correct - the new UM facility is really going to maximize these guys!

Agreed, I was in no way disrespecting Butte athletes, they grow them competitive and tough as boiled owls in that town. I'm just saying this kid has a ceiling and it is well up there.

Looks like Daum won the 100 finals at Eastern AA divisionals. Reportedly a 10.77 but unconfirmed. Also won the 200 but no time reported yet.

I thought noccorato (sp) had that kind of speed out of high school....does my memory fail me again ?

Back