• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Defense - National Stats

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
I have not noticed any Griz or Cat poster trying to say last year's D was better than this year's D, but it is absolutely clear that last year's D performed better against CP than this year's D. Even Semore would agree with that statement. Why can't you just admit that?

No, but you guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was the DC which is much different than just saying that the Griz defense played better last year against Poly than this year.

No, not what I said. I said UM would have been undefeated because the D would have performed better again CP and won that game, the only loss. Never thought about it, but I suppose that you may be right that we would have been undefeated with TG.

Bullshit,

PlayerRep wrote:

If TG had been here for the CP game, UM would be undefeated.

It was the entire basis of your argument.

Can't you read. Look at what you quoted. If TG had been here for the CP game (doesn't say the whole season; it says the CP game), UM would have been undefeated. You were just owned.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Eriul said:
I mean it's not that outrageous of a statement. We're 1 point away from being undefeated. 1 defensive play being made against CP and we are.

I don't know if I agree. I don't think I have enough information to agree but I think it's not a ridiculous statement.

But I can just as easily assume that they lose at UNI if TG is the DC. Griz defense under TG in big road games left a lot to be desired.

Go ahead and assume that. I was talking only about the CP game.

Do you think the D were better against CP this year than last year? Put up or shut up.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
No, but you guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was the DC which is much different than just saying that the Griz defense played better last year against Poly than this year.

No, not what I said. I said UM would have been undefeated because the D would have performed better again CP and won that game, the only loss. Never thought about it, but I suppose that you may be right that we would have been undefeated with TG.

Bullshit,

PlayerRep wrote:

Can't you read. Look at what you quoted. If TG had been here for the CP game (doesn't say the whole season; it says the CP game), UM would have been undefeated. You were just owned.

WTF. If that is how we want to play it, then if TG had been here for UNI, the Griz would have multiple losses. TG has been nothing but terrible as DC in road games.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Eriul said:
I mean it's not that outrageous of a statement. We're 1 point away from being undefeated. 1 defensive play being made against CP and we are.

I don't know if I agree. I don't think I have enough information to agree but I think it's not a ridiculous statement.

But I can just as easily assume that they lose at UNI if TG is the DC. Griz defense under TG in big road games left a lot to be desired.

Do you think the D were better against CP this year than last year? Put up or shut up.

Do you think the D was better at Poly this year than it was the last time they went to Poly? Put up or shut up.

kemajic said:
1972 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
He was here last year when CPSLO beat us at home.

How many plays did they run in a row on the last drive and go out of bounds with no timeout left? Play after play, never made an adjustment to turn them back in, Game over if we had done it just once.
It was an embarrassing performance when the game was on the line. It did not require rocket science. Maybe we should bring up last year's PSU game....

Last year, after the D scored a safety to take the lead, and the O couldn't pick up 1 yard on 2 plays, then CP drove 36 yards in 11 plays, for a 3.3 average per pay, and kicked a 49 yard FG. This year, CP drove 75 yards in 8 plays, for a TD. Almost 10 yards per play.

Are you trying to say that this year's D did better on the last drive than last year's D? Now, that's pretty funny.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Bullshit,

PlayerRep wrote:

WTF. If that is how we want to play it, then if TG had been here for UNI, the Griz would have multiple losses. TG has been nothing but terrible as DC in road games.

Maybe or maybe not. But UM didn't play UNI last year, so no comparison. UM did play CP both this year and last year. Just keep bringing up silly stuff. You are being owned, as usual.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Bullshit,

Maybe or maybe not. But UM didn't play UNI last year, so no comparison. UM did play CP both this year and last year. Just keep bringing up silly stuff. You are being owned, as usual.

PR is just as delusional as most other Cat fans. How did TG fare as DC when the Griz played at Poly? Actually, how did he fare when the Griz played any road game?

HookedonGriz said:
Red zone defense - 1st in nation! .550%
Defensive TDs - tied for 2nd with 3 TDs
3rd down conversion defense - 9th at .275
4th down conversion defense - 5th at .200
First downs defense - 21st with 100
Passing yards allowed - 15th at 176.7
Scoring defense - 17th with 20.2
Team pass efficiency defense - 10th at 103.2
Team sacks - 9th with 3.17 per game
Team tackle for loss - 2nd with 9.2 per game!
Total defense - 11th with 305 ypg

Awesome job by our new DC and our young defense!
Great stuff from for Semore's first year as DC here and working with a young defense! Love that we improved from last season!

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
I didn't get past the first page. Did PR just try to compare the CP game of last year to this year? The main factor being Gregorak?

The big flaw in that argument is the fact that Gregorak was here 2 years a go when CP rolled us by 20 and put up 41 points and 528 yards.

The Griz D, with TG as DC, was much better against CP last year. How could anyone disagree with that? And the Griz O was much better this year, and didn't commit 4 turnovers last year.

2 years ago, was 2 years ago. Last year is more relevant, because it was only a year ago.
9 seniors graduated off last years team ... your comparison has no merit, they are not anywhere near the same teams

PR you cant just compare this year to last and then blatantly ignore the year before...

That's logically inconsistent.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Eriul said:

Do you think the D was better at Poly this year than it was the last time they went to Poly? Put up or shut up.

Didn't look, but probably similiar. And almost no common players from those 2 years. Not nearly as relevant as last year.

Eriul said:
PR you cant just compare this year to last and then blatantly ignore the year before...

That's logically inconsistent.

Sure, I can. Comparisons one year apart are far more relevant to than 2 years apart. There surely are very few starters this year, who were starters or significant contributors 2 years ago. Huge difference.

Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
I didn't get past the first page. Did PR just try to compare the CP game of last year to this year? The main factor being Gregorak?

The big flaw in that argument is the fact that Gregorak was here 2 years a go when CP rolled us by 20 and put up 41 points and 528 yards.

The Griz D, with TG as DC, was much better against CP last year. How could anyone disagree with that? And the Griz O was much better this year, and didn't commit 4 turnovers last year.

2 years ago, was 2 years ago. Last year is more relevant, because it was only a year ago.
9 seniors graduated off last years team ... your comparison has no merit, they are not anywhere near the same teams

What about the offenses? They are part of the mix too. Are you saying that the UM D played poorly against CP this year, because the starters this year are worse than the starters last year?

brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:
Red zone defense - 1st in nation! .550%
Defensive TDs - tied for 2nd with 3 TDs
3rd down conversion defense - 9th at .275
4th down conversion defense - 5th at .200
First downs defense - 21st with 100
Passing yards allowed - 15th at 176.7
Scoring defense - 17th with 20.2
Team pass efficiency defense - 10th at 103.2
Team sacks - 9th with 3.17 per game
Team tackle for loss - 2nd with 9.2 per game!
Total defense - 11th with 305 ypg

Awesome job by our new DC and our young defense!
Great stuff from for Semore's first year as DC here and working with a young defense! Love that we improved from last season!

Yes, very nice numbers so far. We will see if they hold as the competition gets tougher, and with road games. UM didn't any any MVS's early last year, nor a bad team like SS.

Do you consider the numbers against CP to be better than the numbers against CP last year?

Back