• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU @ MSU game thread

monte is a character said:
Fahque said:
This is a long ass game. It started a half hour before ours and it still going

MSU lost, but at least they put an entertaining product on the field. I almost fell asleep watch our game. Our offense is boring as hell.
I think you did...

IroneagleXP said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
MSU'S offense looks pretty decent. Think they're more consistent right now than we are.

LOL really? MSU would LIGHT you up son.

spoken like one would expect from someone touting an outdated operating system.

IroneagleXP said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
MSU'S offense looks pretty decent. Think they're more consistent right now than we are.

:lol: Y'all just got torched by a mediocre O. Luckily, your O is slightly better than theirs. You'll hit a real D when Montana comes to town. Get ready. :clap:

IroneagleXP said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

And who would know better than an eagle fan watching its defense getting lit up week in and week out.

mtgrizrule said:
At least we don't have EWU's defense. I'd take 1/2 their offense though.
Yeah, me too -- we have the players, we just don't have the coaches to make it happen.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The word "consistent" belongs nowhere near a sentence mentioning our offense unless it's describing how consistently stubborn our play calling is :lol:

mtgrizrule said:
Live on Root Sports right now. I'm excited for this game. I really don't care who wins. I want it to be good close game though.

:) Doesn't get much closer than that one.

Great job by the Cats, but in the end Vernon and the receivers AND Baldwin's guts were too much. It was an entertaining game from what I saw, but to the Griz fans saying "at least MSU is fun to watch" or whatever, A LOSS IS A LOSS IS A LOSS, and MSU is just as devestated as the Griz are right now, Maybe more because the Cats had that game won. I guess I'm just a different type of fan, ALL I WANT is the Griz to win football games, ALL I WANT is to go to Wash-Griz and have a great time, WHILE the Griz are winning football games. I LOVE being a Griz fan, and I don't need a certain style to "entertain me". When I want "entertainment" I watch movies and go to Pearl Jam concerts.

Having said that, good lord the Big Sky is playing some VERY BAD defense right now as a whole. EWU's defense is just NOT good, I don't think MSU's defense is bad per say, but no matter how good VA is and he is GREAT, I don't think MSU has a dominant defense.And NAU can't be good because they just gave up 28 points to what many EGRIZ experts were calling the WORST OFFENSE EVER just last week.

Nice post Havgrizfan. This game was like a boxing match. Was disappointed with the loss but that EWU offense is incredible. VA didn't have a good first half but came back in the second. Their defense is not that good but with that offense they get enough done to make it work. As far as MSU offense, Dakota Prukrop is a talent. He is getting better every week. The offense has a lot of weapons and is deep. The MSU defense will be fine. I don't think anyone in the Big Sky is going to stop EWU offense this year unless they get crippled with injuries. Time for conference play starting next week. The fun begins! Good luck and see you guys in November.

havgrizfan said:
Having said that, good lord the Big Sky is playing some VERY BAD defense right now as a whole. EWU's defense is just NOT good, I don't think MSU's defense is bad per say, but no matter how good VA is and he is GREAT, I don't think MSU has a dominant defense.And NAU can't be good because they just gave up 28 points to what many EGRIZ experts were calling the WORST OFFENSE EVER just last week.

Our defense is pretty bad right now. Tons of injuries and depth problems. To put it into perspective, we have 4 true Freshman playing on the defensive line alone. And then our corners are just very young and inexperienced, with two of them already being lost to season ending injuries.

I actually don't think MSU's defense was that bad. Bear in mind that Eastern has scored at least 52 points on every Division I opponent it has played this year. Even with Adams having an "off" game today, the O is still really difficult to stop.

I agree EWU Ranger. Your defense made a couple of 4th and inches stops today though that sealed the game. Todays game was a game of inches. If MSU had gotten that first 4th down try, that could have been the game. MSU missed the first down by a half of chain link if that. Probably one of the top two most exciting games I have ever watched.

Agree with previous posters. MSU's team is the real deal. Their new QB is going to create some havoc in the Big Sky for years to come. He's got wheels and a nice touch on the ball. Lots of Big Sky teams need to work on the D, and both EWU and MSU are included. Sorry that the Griz lost to NDSU today.

bigsky33 said:
I agree EWU Ranger. Your defense made a couple of 4th and inches stops today though that sealed the game. Todays game was a game of inches. If MSU had gotten that first 4th down try, that could have been the game. MSU missed the first down by a half of chain link if that. Probably one of the top two most exciting games I have ever watched.

I was only able to check in on this one periodically during the Griz game, but did MSU go for 2 after one of their really early scores? If so, why not kick the PAT? Do you guys having kicking issues too?

Both teams muffed extra points. Eastern lost their kicker in the first half to an injury on a kickoff. Besides the Eagle D playing awful, the special teams played just as bad.

No the Cats went for 2 after the first touchdown using the swinging gate. The holder Greibel is a transfer option QB from the Air Force Academy and former player of the year in HS in Colorado. He plays slot receiver now and holds for extra points and field goals. So he is a threat and has been successful pretty often. I think the Cats werejust being aggressive.

Latest posts

Back