• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU vs CATS Showdown

I hate even saying this, but I will be pulling for the boobscats in this one. But I'm not sure they will be able to pull it off - their secondary got shredded by UNC. And we all know that shoota can sling it.

The cats slid by Weber with the help of a late turnover. The play where the cats shredded the ball from Booker should have been blown dead. Booker was bent over backwards with no chance of forward progress. That to was game changing.
The cats looked really weak against No Colorado and barely won the game. Face it the cats haven't played many competitive teams yet this year. Number 9 for the cats clearly has not been playing at the same level as before his injury.
I think this game goes to EWU with the Eagles pulling away in the second half. EWU 42 cats 27 (another blocked pat).

grizindabox said:
Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:
yesterday I agree. we have played 3 big sky games on the road. in those games we are 3-0. beat und by 43. beat weber by 18. and snuck one out yesterday by 7.

should be a hell of a game

and lost to a mediocre SFA.

Cats have also played a road schedule of powder puff teams...not a quality team in the bunch.

Hmm, Didn't SFA just play SHSU 56-49. and had more first downs, plus put up 740 yards of offense? And they do have the #2 QB as far as passing yards. They are not that bad.

You mean SFA, the last place team in the Southland with a loss to Weber and Prairie View. A 3 win team with victories over MSU, Nicholls St and something call McMurray.

The Griz are lucky they didn't play them. They just might put up 70 against your D after seeing the SHSU game.

Who have the Griz played against again and won. Be real.

Neither of the Montana teams are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The EWU spotlight is on Adams, but let us not forget what WR Cooper Kupp did to the Griz. That kid can catch! :thumb: If he performs vs. MSU like he did vs. UM, EWU will win this game, but not more than by a TD. It could even be by a FG. It will be no blowout, either way.

Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:

Cats have also played a road schedule of powder puff teams...not a quality team in the bunch.

Hmm, Didn't SFA just play SHSU 56-49. and had more first downs, plus put up 740 yards of offense? And they do have the #2 QB as far as passing yards. They are not that bad.

You mean SFA, the last place team in the Southland with a loss to Weber and Prairie View. A 3 win team with victories over MSU, Nicholls St and something call McMurray.

The Griz are lucky they didn't play them. They just might put up 70 against your D after seeing the SHSU game.

And UND is soooo much better. :jack: :roll:

Looking at ewu's injury reports it will interesting to see if they have a defensive backfield. IMO for eastern to win they have to get out of the box early and score. Make msu play from behind. They have to be able to shut down msu's run game and make dm beat them. If the game is close msu will pull it out in the end. I don't think ewu's defense can play at a high level for 60 minutes. for the cats to win they have to be able to run the ball and keep shoota off the field, contain Adams and get a couple of turnovers. If ewu wins they will probably win the conference and auto bid. A loss for msu puts the cats in a precarious spot. They still have suu and Montana and a loss to either puts them at 8-4. A win for the cats would be good for The Griz. Nothing better than beating the cats when they are at home and ranked high.
ewu............38
msu............28

Regardless this should be a good football game.

Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:

Funny, I did not mention the Griz once... What I did say is that MSU has played a weak road schedule and has not looked overly impressive in those games. For this reason, I believe that EWU will win. Try to spin it again Rob

Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:
grizindabox said:
Think EWU wins, Cats have not looked that good on the road.
yesterday I agree. we have played 3 big sky games on the road. in those games we are 3-0. beat und by 43. beat weber by 18. and snuck one out yesterday by 7.

should be a hell of a game

They got beat by WEBER STATE. Yes, that same Weber State that's 1-8. :roll:

Blgs Griz Fan said:
The cats slid by Weber with the help of a late turnover. The play where the cats shredded the ball from Booker should have been blown dead. Booker was bent over backwards with no chance of forward progress. That to was game changing.
The cats looked really weak against No Colorado and barely won the game. Face it the cats haven't played many competitive teams yet this year. Number 9 for the cats clearly has not been playing at the same level as before his injury.
I think this game goes to EWU with the Eagles pulling away in the second half. EWU 42 cats 27 (another blocked pat).

We dominated NAU, FYI.

poorgriz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

We dominated NAU, FYI.

He didn't say you haven't played any competitive teams, FYI.

Playing NAU at home the week after they played the Griz is not that big of win. sometime in the near future I wish the conference would flip this scheduling and let the Griz play teams the weak after they have played the cats. I suspect the cats would have a few less w's. it's referred to as the Griz hangover and the cats have been benefactors far too long.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Playing NAU at home the week after they played the Griz is not that big of win. sometime in the near future I wish the conference would flip this scheduling and let the Griz play teams the weak after they have played the cats. I suspect the cats would have a few less w's. it's referred to as the Griz hangover and the cats have been benefactors far too long.

It looks to be a bigger win than anything the Griz can lay claim too...

grizindabox said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

It looks to be a bigger win than anything the Griz can lay claim too...

We're just saving our big wins for the playoffs, when they really count. :thumb:

First tough road opponent (not including the two loses) and a suspect secondary do not bode well for Cats against a potent EWU offense. Mcghee is the wildcard. He will need to play better than he has since returning from injury. With that: Eagles, 34-27.

big kahuna said:
First tough road opponent (not including the two loses) and a suspect secondary do not bode well for Cats against a potent EWU offense. Mcghee is the wildcard. He will need to play better than he has since returning from injury. With that: Eagles, 34-27.
people keep bringing up our secondary but they've actually been pretty good all season. we're 4th in passing defense and 2nd in total defense. also 2nd in scoring defense. also 2nd in pass defense efficiency giving up only 9 tds via pass all year. even a school like unc who seemed to throw all over us was held to 70 or so yards under what they average.

I say this not to imply we'll shut down the passing attack of ewu because they have proved to be very good in that area. i'm just not as concerned about our secondary is some and their numbers seem ok this far into the season.

Back