• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU vs CATS Showdown

ilovethecats said:
big kahuna said:
First tough road opponent (not including the two loses) and a suspect secondary do not bode well for Cats against a potent EWU offense. Mcghee is the wildcard. He will need to play better than he has since returning from injury. With that: Eagles, 34-27.
people keep bringing up our secondary but they've actually been pretty good all season. we're 4th in passing defense and 2nd in total defense. also 2nd in scoring defense. also 2nd in pass defense efficiency giving up only 9 tds via pass all year. even a school like unc who seemed to throw all over us was held to 70 or so yards under what they average.

I say this not to imply we'll shut down the passing attack of ewu because they have proved to be very good in that area. i'm just not as concerned about our secondary is some and their numbers seem ok this far into the season.

Yep...this is the best the MSU secondary has played in years. I think we're soft up the middle against the run and crossing routes, but overall, the secondary has been a bright spot for the MSU defense.

Flowers has indeed grown into an excellent corner in the past year, but if the line can't pressure Adams, I don't see Bethany keeping up.

big kahuna said:
Flowers has indeed grown into an excellent corner in the past year, but if the line can't pressure Adams, I don't see Bethany keeping up.

I assume you meant Bethley, and he is a starting safety, not CB. Gords is the other starting CB and has done a pretty darned good job this year.

My bad. Meant Bethley. With EWU playing multiple wideouts most of the time, he is going to be exposed. Certainly just a prediction.

big kahuna said:
My bad. Meant Bethley. With EWU playing multiple wideouts most of the time, he is going to be exposed. Certainly just a prediction.

With James Nelson being out this week, it will probably fall on Barnett to play inside. He was a CB who ended up as the starting Safety this year for the Cats opposite Bethley. The other option would be to have Brad Nordahl play, and he is a walk-on I believe. DB is the thinnest area for the Cats at the moment.

The Cats play big on big games this year, and play small against lesser opponents. This is BIG, and we roll. Cats 45 , beagles 27...maybe!

biga75 said:
Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Hmm, Didn't SFA just play SHSU 56-49. and had more first downs, plus put up 740 yards of offense? And they do have the #2 QB as far as passing yards. They are not that bad.

You mean SFA, the last place team in the Southland with a loss to Weber and Prairie View. A 3 win team with victories over MSU, Nicholls St and something call McMurray.

The Griz are lucky they didn't play them. They just might put up 70 against your D after seeing the SHSU game.

Who have the Griz played against again and won. Be real.

Neither of the Montana teams are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And UND is soooo much better. :jack: :roll:

What does UND have to do with it. That is all you could come up with?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Playing NAU at home the week after they played the Griz is not that big of win. sometime in the near future I wish the conference would flip this scheduling and let the Griz play teams the weak after they have played the cats. I suspect the cats would have a few less w's. it's referred to as the Griz hangover and the cats have been benefactors far too long.

Amazing the things people come up with to make them feel better

I predict that Adams will accidentally shoot himself in the left shoulder (minor flesh wound) posing for his new "gangsta" Facebook picture a few days before the game. The idiotic accident rattles him psychologically and he has the worst game of the year throwing 3 picks and only 260 yards and 2 TDs.
Cats win 38-24

Wow I thought this was about montana grizzly football. Shouldnt this be in other thread. How embarasing to Montana Grizzly Football... I wonder if there is an oregon state message board that has 4 pages on oregon/stanford WOW

kevraid said:
Wow I thought this was about montana grizzly football. Shouldnt this be in other thread. How embarasing to Montana Grizzly Football... I wonder if there is an oregon state message board that has 4 pages on oregon/stanford WOW

Nope it is Montana Football and the FCS, which EWU and MSU are a part of, unlike say the All tuna Bucks.

As much as I despise EW I hope they win this game. If we can win our next 2 and the Cats loose this weekend we could knock them out of the playoffs!

Back