• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU vs CATS Showdown

Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:
and using data to justify your conclusion.

So using actual data to justify conclusions is inaccurate, but using biased opinions of a rival's group of trolls to justify the conclusion of "everyone hating the Griz" is accurate.

Gotcha.

It is no more accurate than the posited theory above. It's a theory, not a rule. Here's how your logic works:

Theory: Teams that play the Griz are so overwhelmed and drained after that game that they suck when they play the Cats the next week (Griz Hangover).
Justification 1: NAU stomped the Griz on November 28.
Justification 2: The Cats stomped NAU on October 5.
Conclusion: The Griz hangover is real.

If that's true, then you must ignore all data on matchups for both games, which might tell you that MSU's running game is better suited to beating NAU than the Griz's running game. Here's an actual statistic: UM averaged 2.1 yards/carry against NAU. MSU averaged 5.3.

Here's another statistic: Red zone scoring opportunities. MSU capitalized, going 3/3 for touchdowns where UM went 2-3. That's at least a 6 point swing. I know it was at least a 7 point swing for NAU when Jordy fumbled.

Here's yet another statistic: UM lost TOP to NAU badly. MSU won it barely. The difference? Power running, keeping the clock ticking, and preventing NAU's offense from being on the field by extending drives to the tune of 5.3 yards per carry.

Here's my theory: MSU is better suited with a power run game to beat NAU than UM was. Those stats are as legitimate as the ones you are too lazy to look up, because they show that the Griz actually lost to NAU handily and that MSU actually beat NAU handily, regardless of the pretend "Griz hangover" that may or may not be reducible to hard data. Carry on.

AZGrizFan said:
BIGskyFan33 said:
No reasoning with these jizz tards. Let them think their shitty football team causes hangovers while they watch the playoffs from the sidelines. .again..

How much are you willing to wager on that ridiculous claim? :roll: :roll:

Making actual money bets on egriz is silly Az. I tell you what, I will eat as much crow as you want and admit I was an asshole and wrong if you are right. And you?

Jerry Punch said:
Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:

So using actual data to justify conclusions is inaccurate, but using biased opinions of a rival's group of trolls to justify the conclusion of "everyone hating the Griz" is accurate.

Gotcha.

It is no more accurate than the posited theory above. It's a theory, not a rule. Here's how your logic works:

Theory: Teams that play the Griz are so overwhelmed and drained after that game that they suck when they play the Cats the next week (Griz Hangover).

If that's true, then you must ignore all data on matchups for both games, which might tell you that MSU's running game is better suited to beating NAU than the Griz's running game. Here's an actual statistic: UM averaged 2.1 yards/carry against NAU. MSU averaged 5.3.

Here's another statistic: Red zone scoring opportunities. MSU capitalized, going 3/3 for touchdowns where UM went 2-3. That's at least a 6 point swing. I know it was at least a 7 point swing for NAU when Jordy fumbled.

Here's yet another statistic: UM lost TOP to NAU badly. MSU won it barely. The difference? Power running, keeping the clock ticking, and preventing NAU's offense from being on the field by extending drives to the tune of 5.3 yards per carry.

Here's my theory: MSU is better suited with a power run game to beat NAU than UM was. Those stats are as legitimate as the ones you are too lazy to look up, because they show that the Griz actually lost to NAU handily and that MSU actually beat NAU handily, regardless of the pretend "Griz hangover" that may or may not be reducible to hard data. Carry on.
And none of those prove or disprove the "Griz Hangover" theory. I"ve looked at the stats, and the stats show a distinct trend of teams to lose the week after they play the Griz. How do opponents do the week after they play the 'scats? I'm going to guess that they do pretty well, otherwise you'd be on here crowing about the 'Scat hangover. :roll: :roll:

Jerry Punch said:
Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:

Gotcha.

Finally a voice of reason...thank you sir.

AZGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:

Gotcha.

And none of those prove or disprove the "Griz Hangover" theory. I"ve looked at the stats, and the stats show a distinct trend of teams to lose the week after they play the Griz. How do opponents do the week after they play the 'scats? I'm going to guess that they do pretty well, otherwise you'd be on here crowing about the 'Scat hangover. :roll: :roll:

That kind of blind ignorant arrogance exists in only one place..

BIGskyFan33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BIGskyFan33 said:
No reasoning with these jizz tards. Let them think their shitty football team causes hangovers while they watch the playoffs from the sidelines. .again..

Making actual money bets on egriz is silly Az. I tell you what, I will eat as much crow as you want and admit I was an asshole and wrong if you are right. And you?

We all know you you won't do any such thing, so don't waste bandwidth claiming you will.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I read somewhere that there is a "Seahawk Hangover"....
There is. Every single team the Seahawks have played this year and even going back to the end of last year, have lost the following week and many got blown out. They have been talking about it on NFL Live on ESPN.

The record of teams in games after they play the Griz is ridiculously terrible. That is a fact that Cat fans can't avoid no matter how much they want to believe that egriz people are making it up

Htowngriz said:
BIGskyFan33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BIGskyFan33 said:

We all know you you won't do any such thing, so don't waste bandwidth claiming you will.

I would never give you the satisfaction doucher. AZ is a different story.

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
There is. Every single team the Seahawks have played this year and even going back to the end of last year, have lost the following week and many got blown out. They have been talking about it on NFL Live on ESPN.

The record of teams in games after they play the Griz is ridiculously terrible. That is a fact that Cat fans can't avoid no matter how much they want to believe that egriz people are making it up

Think Arizona broke the streak, but so far they are the only one.

Jerry Punch said:
Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:

Gotcha.

Here's how your logic works:

Where exactly did I give the theory of the Griz hangover having anything to do with MSU's win over NAU? I didn't give an opinion one way or another on that particular theory, just pointed out the laughable logic being used to try to disprove it.

So your logic fails not only include using biased opinions of trolls in place of actual data but also setting up straw-men to knock down when someone points out your failure.

:thumb:

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

And we will all be SO surprised when Tampa Bay loses the next game after playing the Seahawks. Good one.

BIGskyFan33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BIGskyFan33 said:

....would you then be willing to admit that Oct 23rd is not the first time you've logged into e-griz?

Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:
Potomac Griz said:
Jerry Punch said:

Gotcha.

Here's how your logic works:

Where exactly did I give the theory of the Griz hangover having anything to do with MSU's win over NAU? I didn't give an opinion one way or another on that particular theory, just pointed out the laughable logic being used to try to disprove it.

So your logic fails not only include using biased opinions of trolls in place of actual data but also setting up straw-men to knock down when someone points out your failure.

:thumb:

Go back in the forums to the NAU / MSU week and you will see it being used by multiple griz tards.

Grizo406 said:
They're gonna' get rolled.

flour-1.jpg

To give a little due credit here... I do believe there USED to be something to the "griz hangover" deal... back when the griz were best team in the Big Sky. Often times teams DID put extra effort to try to knock off the big dog, and sometimes is showed the following week with uninspired play. That was then, this is now. Now the griz are just another middle of the pack Big Sky team behind the conference powers, MSU and EWU. Having said all that, I doubt this hangover theory is real any more. :coffee:

BIGskyFan33 said:
Go back in the forums to the NAU / MSU week and you will see it being used by multiple griz tards.

You don't read too well do you? Mr. Punch over there said "your" when replying to me, which implies that it was my theory too and that I had tried to prove such a theory when in fact I didn't.

Shit sorry... that probably went over your head too. Just a sec, let me try to dumb it down a bit for you.

ME NO HAVE THEORY. ME POINT OUT FLAWS IN PUNCHY LOGIC.

That better? :D

BIGskyFan33 said:
Htowngriz said:
BIGskyFan33 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I would never give you the satisfaction doucher. AZ is a different story.

I gotta ask, why is it exactly that you are on a rivals message board insulting people? Isn't that behavior sort of the definition of 'douche'?

Back