• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

uofmman1122 said:
Those aren't predictions, bro.
Raider wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 am
2016 prognostication...........

"As for the Cats, likely 6-5 or 7-4. 4-7 isn't happening"
That's a "prediction." Arrived at by a careful use of "definitions."

Bro.

UMGriz75 said:
uofmman1122 said:
Those aren't predictions, bro.
Raider wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 am
2016 prognostication...........

"As for the Cats, likely 6-5 or 7-4. 4-7 isn't happening"
That's a "prediction." Arrived at by a careful use of "definitions."

Bro.
Holy fuck, no one cares.

Wins and losses next season.

Go.

Sam A. Blitz said:
What's your prediction for next season 75?
That's a tall order, requires a lot of work, a great deal of specific knowledge about a variety of teams and coaches, and I don't have that at the moment. Some may think that they do, and it may be true. For my part, I won't presume. Refer to the list of presumptions for last year, and who made them.

There is a moral to that story.

So many convenient excuses. I suppose we'll get a prediction for how 2017 should go from 75 in January of next year.

uofmman1122 said:
So many convenient excuses. I suppose we'll get a prediction for how 2017 should go from 75 in January of next year.
Sounds like you are rationalizing.

If you like Coach Stitt, just say so. If you don't, there's a record after two years.

In either case, we can suppose you will "make something up" to support your fantasies, so good luck. I don't really care. You seem to. Coach Stitt's record speaks for itself. Arguing that supporting this past year's record makes you somehow look "smart" is an interesting arrogance. I don't think it does. But, it's a new year coming up.
"

"I" love "how" Gary blows up "whole" "threads" "trying" "to" rub a FAN's nose in "an" opinion posted "on a" FAN message board (see his sig) "but" he "doesn't" have the balls "to" do "the" same. "Such" a pussy. IRL he must "be the" world's biggest puss. "I" picture a giant inflatable taco-like vagina "wearing" a bow tie . Same "as" all cat trolls.

garizzalies said:
"I" love "how" Gary blows up "whole" "threads" "trying" "to" rub a FAN's nose in "an" opinion posted "on a" FAN message board (see his sig) "but" he "doesn't" have the balls "to" do "the" same. "Such" a pussy. IRL he must "be the" world's biggest puss. "I" picture a giant inflatable taco-like vagina "wearing" a bow tie . Same "as" all cat trolls.
Spoken like a true "fan." In that world, Hitler actually won WWII.

I hope our team does better this year. I did not think it could collapse like it did.

The guy who's too much of a coward to make any concrete prediction doesn't care about how we feel about Stitt, except he cares enough to make hundreds of posts trying to hold our feelings about Stitt against us.

Brilliant.

uofmman1122 said:
The guy who's too much of a coward to make any concrete prediction doesn't care about how we feel about Stitt, except he cares enough to make hundreds of posts trying to hold our feelings about Stitt against us.

Brilliant.
Are you getting professional help? You've got a problem.

UMGriz75 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Brilliant.
Are you getting professional help? You've got a problem.
This is turning into your own version of "obviously, you've never played the game".

uofmman1122 said:
This is turning into your own version of "obviously, you've never played the game".
You are using it as your personal, petty rant session. So what? Just getting it "out of your system?"

Feel better?

I hope they do better this year. They can't do worse than last year's catastrophe; the one that "experts" like you claimed as the "second coming" and flopped as badly as can be. You have neither shame nor humility.

How'd that work out for you? Still ranting?

Get over it. I am reasonably sure the new season will be a better one; not withstanding bitter, wizened fossils would can't stand it when they were so wrong.

Go Griz!

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
......I know.......what a jack.........
I am sure your "expectations" for the upcoming season will be just as "spot on" as your expectations last year.

Right?

So 75......what exactly was.....my expectations.....for last year.....

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
For a guy who routinely is overly critical of everyone ELSE'S expectations and predictions, it sure is difficult to get your predictions in writing.
I've been quite specific; but I did not think it would be as bad as it was.

How about you? I seem to recall grand visions of nirvana. How'd that go?

Victory?

Or Epic Fail? It's been a long time since I've seen a Griz team collapse like that, accompanied by contradictory coach accusations, "it's the team's fault," "it's my fault," "it's nobody's fault," "we was robbed!" and "we need a consultant!"

Take your pick there. They are, roughly, quotes from the Coach meandering all over the place trying to save face for an embarrassed clique of sycophants.

Are you approaching this year with the same blinkered ignorance and arrogance?

It's an interesting combination of self-destructive emotions. I don't think they can do worse, and lightening may even strike. It's a new season.

It has to be better.

Will it be "good enough?"

"every" "fan" "in" "your" "mind" "predicted" "nirvana" "last" "year". "I" "think" "they'll" "go" "somewhere" "between "0-11" and "11-0" "depending" "on" "how" "the" "players" "play" "and" "how" "the" "coaches" "coach".

grizindabox said:
I'm reasonably certain that, if anybody cared, you would have told them that Coach Stitt was

1) going to blame certain elements of the team for its crappy attitude;
2) going into games already defeated,
3) that the string of losses was all his fault,
4) that the team needed a "counselor" to come in to deal with "team problems,"
5) that moral had collapsed,
6) that the Division 2 Executive coaches were disrespected by the career Division 1 assistants,
7) that the Head Coach needed to take the post-season and re-think his approach,
8) that the team was as united as ever and had more unity than any team in the past 20 years,
9) that he (Stitt) had screwed it up,
10) that "it" must have been the Quarterback's fault.

But, since no one cared what you thought, that record was not developed further except by your endless congratulations of yourself.

I don't think I've ever seen a coach go through so many permutations of "blame" in a season as Coach Stitt, even as after each new defeat, there was a new all-encompassing blame. Remarkably, these escalating variations of blame became contradictory and parody. He has, in fact, done what I have never seen before: he has publicly blamed everyone and everything. If there is a cogent analysis of "what went wrong" you're not going to get it from this Coach until somebody nails his foot to the floor.

Lesson learned?

Well, we will see, won't we?

The plus side is "it can't get worse." The question is, can it improve enough based on the developed record? Stitt really, really wants to be personally in charge of this offense. Based on developed record, would you defend the risk?

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
I'm reasonably certain that, if anybody cared, you would have told them that Coach Stitt was

6) that the Division 2 Executive coaches were disrespected by the career Division 1 assistants,
7) that the Head Coach needed to take the post-season and re-think his approach,
8) that the team was as united as ever and had more unity than any team in the past 20 years,

But, since no one cared what you thought, that record was not developed further except by your endless congratulations of yourself.

I don't think I've ever seen a coach go through so many permutations of "blame" in a season as Coach Stitt, even as after each new defeat, there was a new all-encompassing blame. Remarkably, these escalating variations of blame became contradictory and parody. He has, in fact, done what I have never seen before: he has publicly blamed everyone and everything. If there is a cogent analysis of "what went wrong" you're not going to get it from this Coach until somebody nails his foot to the floor.

Lesson learned?

The plus side is "it can't get worse." The question is, can it improve enough based on the developed record? Stitt really, really wants to be personally in charge of this offense. Based on developed record, would you defend the risk?

We get it. You've been burned by poor predictions in the past so won't make any now that you could be criticized for in the future. So fragile. Didn't someone smart once say "Better to be thought a coward than proved one"? Keep supplying the proof, keep digging this hole.

Here's my prediction. The Griz will win more games this year than you predict, if you ever decide to man-up on the question.

horribilisfan8184 said:
We get it. You've been burned by poor predictions in the past so won't make any now that you could be criticized for in the future. So fragile. Didn't someone smart once say "Better to be thought a coward than proved one"? Keep supplying the proof, keep digging this hole.

Here's my prediction. The Griz will win more games this year than you predict, if you ever decide to man-up on the question.
Well, thanks for the fabricated history. It must be all you've got.

Early on, I specifically pointed out (Seasone 1), that we were showing odd patterns with QB rotations: we'd have a great first game, then declining results. At that point, we had three QB rotations, with the same pattern. We were embarking on the fourth rotation -- same result.

As the second year started, there were plenty of complaints from the team and staff. Stitt, in his usual fashion, kept changing his "blame" on a weekly basis; finally to the point of having blamed everything and everbody.

Remember this parade of geniuses?

BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:40 pm
1. Griz- We got another year under Stitt's system, hes got HIS guy at D coordinator. Talented roster, lots of battle tested kids returning.
brewskis » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:40 pm
Continuity, depth at QB, depth in general, running backs, -gregorak, Justin Strong.
horribilisfan8184 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:39 pm
Relax, the befuddled DC is gone.
AllWeatherFan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:08 pm
Anybody who ranks UM lower than #3 is high.
IntuitiveGriz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:04 pm
And brain dead.
Well, you geniuses lost.

New season; new hopes. Isn't that the point of sports, instead of continually re-reading retreads by tired old hacks who got it wrong in the first place, and can't let go.

Go Griz!

wait a minute! you mean fans of a team posted on a fan website that the team would win more games than it actually won?! this is unheard of.

I think if you guys are smart, just predict zero wins every year. look how smart you'll look just a game or two into the season.

brilliant!

75 I asked for your prediction and opinion on a few Items because I would like to hear your opinion.
You have been around the University for a long time and have been around coaches of many sports and have coached yourself. I think you could be a very interesting poster here and we could learn a lot from
someone with your experience. I guess I don't understand the need to call out posters for making predictions and your continual dislike of Stitt.
I get the feeling that having a few drinks with you and hearing stories from you would be a great time and learning experience. I just don't get your intolerence and "grumpy" attitude on e-griz.

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:

Lesson learned?

Awesome.....doesn't have a.....clue....what my expectations....were....so makes.....shit up.....to feel better....about himself......kudos.....75.......give yourself......a big pat.....on the back......for being.....the biggest douche......on eGriz.......

Back