• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

The_Real_Chief said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN
9/9/17 at Washington LOSS
9/16/17 Savannah State WIN
9/23/17 Eastern Washington WIN
9/30/17 at Portland State WIN
10/7/17 at Idaho State WIN
10/14/17 North Dakota WIN
10/28/17 at Weber State LOSS
11/4/17 Northern Arizona WIN
11/11/17 Northern Colorado WIN
11/18/17 at Montana State WIN

9-2 - Mainly because of how the schedule shakes out and when/who we play at home. I'm actually more concerned about UND at home than EWU. I think if they finish 9-2 you're looking at a top 8 seed and a bye in the playoffs. Ultimately, you have to hope that the Griz will learn from their painful lessons a season ago and play through the whole season and not overlook any games.

Whats the rational behind the Weber loss? I didn't know they were expected to be good this year?

I feel as if we struggle at Weber, even when we do pull out W's (going off of memory)...I'd be happy with a W there obviously coming out of a bye week.

No I get that, Weber is never an easy W on the road for us it seems like.

I mean they played us tough at home two years ago when we had Simis at QB who is now a H-back. We haven't played in Ogden in a while actually since 2012 which in 2012 if you remember is the year JJ was not playing and we won 5 games. Then previous to that it was 2008 when they were a playoff team that they played us tough. So I would say its not totally accurate to say Weber is toughest road game historically. No doubt it will be difficult as their defense looks legit, but their offense is replacing a lot especially at QB. So like us until there is a definitive picture on their QB situation I am not willing to say that will be our trip up road game.

dayday said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Whats the rational behind the Weber loss? I didn't know they were expected to be good this year?

I feel as if we struggle at Weber, even when we do pull out W's (going off of memory)...I'd be happy with a W there obviously coming out of a bye week.

No I get that, Weber is never an easy W on the road for us it seems like.

I mean they played us tough at home two years ago when we had Simis at QB who is now a H-back. We haven't played in Ogden in a while actually since 2012 which in 2012 if you remember is the year JJ was not playing and we won 5 games. Then previous to that it was 2008 when they were a playoff team that they played us tough. So I would say its not totally accurate to say Weber is toughest road game historically. No doubt it will be difficult as their defense looks legit, but their offense is replacing a lot especially at QB. So like us until there is a definitive picture on their QB situation I am not willing to say that will be our trip up road game.

I don't live in Montana anymore and usually make it to one home game per year and one road game per year and that stupid game was the one I went too. We freakin lost to Weber at home, it was a depressing day. No you are completely spot on, always a tough one.

Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
i_the_sky said:
Valparaiso-W
Washington-L
Savannah State-W
Eastern Washington-W.
Split with Portland State and Weber State, on the road,= pick your poison?
North Dakota-W.
Idaho State-W.
NAU-W.
Northern Colorado-W.
Kittykats-W.
8-2 *Win BSC (outright).
*Beat Kittykats.
*Win 2 playoff games....* Coach Stitt the "X" factor!
* We need to hire an OC so, coach, Stitt can watch the whole program! (special teams ,offense and defence.. We have the talent to win 10 games...We must be better on offense and special teams! I believe we can get 10 wins if coach Stitt will hire an offensive coordinator and start managing all three disciplines!!! The Grizzlies are "Montana!
*"Go Griz!"

Again...... I am only here to bring a bit of levity to the board. You should stop doing this to yourselves, expecting impossible things and living in the past. It will only bring you angst as the season unfolds. I can promise you.... PROMISE you - you will not beat EWU, UND, NAU, and MSU. Not a chance in hell. And ISU and UNC aren't gimmies as they've shown you recently.
Ya ok. We're gonna lose to all of those ridiculous teams, but yet you guys are gonna go 11-0 and win the National Championship. Please! These predictions aren't nearly as insane as the predictions I've seen on litter box nation. You go 4-7 last year and have a good win against the griz, and all of a sudden you guys are the New England Patriots. I've seen multiple people on litter box nation say you guys are not gonna beat Washington state or SDSU... I can GUARANTEE you, you guys will not win either of those games. Want my prediction? I the sky gives a way more realistic prediction than you and I actually do believe we will go 9-2. The cats will go 4-7, 4 of those losses will come after the first four games of the season. Now take your nonsense back to litter box nation while we concentrate on actually putting a really good season together. WE ARE MONTANA.

Ok, let's wager on it then? I'll bet you whatever you want that you don't beat all four of those teams next year. Name it.

Raider said:
2016 prognostication...........

"As for the Cats, likely 6-5 or 7-4. 4-7 isn't happening"
Final conference record 2016 for the Cats, 2-6, including the 24-17 win over the Griz at Missoula.

The overall season record for the Cats, 2016, including the non-conference Banana Slugs, was, in fact, 4-7.

Tells you how good some of the "experts" here actually are.

Hey 75 I wanted to hear your opinion on a few things?
1. Overall record?
2. starting QB who should it be?
3. Will the o-line be improved?
4.How do you think the defense will perform this year?
Thanks in advance :thumb:

Mavman said:
Hey 75 I wanted to hear your opinion on a few things?
1. Overall record?
2. starting QB who should it be?
3. Will the o-line be improved?
4.How do you think the defense will perform this year?
Thanks in advance :thumb:

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice work Mavman!!

Raider said:

:coffee:
Have you seen their schedule this year? It's ridiculously hard. 4-7 makes perfectly good sense.

poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
i_the_sky said:
Valparaiso-W
Washington-L
Savannah State-W
Eastern Washington-W.
Split with Portland State and Weber State, on the road,= pick your poison?
North Dakota-W.
Idaho State-W.
NAU-W.
Northern Colorado-W.
Kittykats-W.
8-2 *Win BSC (outright).
*Beat Kittykats.
*Win 2 playoff games....* Coach Stitt the "X" factor!
* We need to hire an OC so, coach, Stitt can watch the whole program! (special teams ,offense and defence.. We have the talent to win 10 games...We must be better on offense and special teams! I believe we can get 10 wins if coach Stitt will hire an offensive coordinator and start managing all three disciplines!!! The Grizzlies are "Montana!
*"Go Griz!"

Again...... I am only here to bring a bit of levity to the board. You should stop doing this to yourselves, expecting impossible things and living in the past. It will only bring you angst as the season unfolds. I can promise you.... PROMISE you - you will not beat EWU, UND, NAU, and MSU. Not a chance in hell. And ISU and UNC aren't gimmies as they've shown you recently.
Ya ok. We're gonna lose to all of those ridiculous teams, but yet you guys are gonna go 11-0 and win the National Championship. Please! These predictions aren't nearly as insane as the predictions I've seen on litter box nation. You go 4-7 last year and have a good win against the griz, and all of a sudden you guys are the New England Patriots. I've seen multiple people on litter box nation say you guys are not gonna beat Washington state or SDSU... I can GUARANTEE you, you guys will not win either of those games. Want my prediction? I the sky gives a way more realistic prediction than you and I actually do believe we will go 9-2. The cats will go 4-7, 4 of those losses will come after the first four games of the season. Now take your nonsense back to litter box nation while we concentrate on actually putting a really good season together. WE ARE MONTANA.

Ok, let's wager on it then? I'll bet you whatever you want that you don't beat all four of those teams next year. Name it.
Fine. I'll bet you dinner at your favorite restaurant in Missoula that we at least beat the cats and NAU.

Griz til I die said:
Raider said:

Have you seen their schedule this year? It's ridiculously hard. 4-7 makes perfectly good sense.
That was for last year. Haven't seen "your" prediction for the Cats for this year.

What is it?

Griz til I die said:
Fine. I'll bet you dinner at your favorite restaurant in Missoula that we at least beat the cats and NAU.
Did you bet this past year?

How much was dinner?

UMGriz75 said:
Griz til I die said:
Raider said:

That was for last year. Haven't seen "your" prediction for the Cats for this year.

What is it?

Jesus Christ 75.
1. I joined Egriz in December, so how on earth could you know what my prediction was last year? So my prediction for the cats this year is 4-7. What make you think there gonna be even remotely better than this year considering almost every single one of their position groups is gonna be worse. Not to mention there schedule is a lot tougher.
2. No I didn't bet any one last year, so idk how much dinner was last year. What do you think their record is gonna be?
3. Why are you defending the cats so much? Are you a closet cat fan?

Griz til I die said:
Jesus Christ 75.
1. I joined Egriz in December, so how on earth could you know what my prediction was last year? .....
"Raider," who was being referred to, joined in 2005 and I wasn't quoting him, I was quoting his comment from someone else.

Sorry you didn't "get it" or understand it.

UMGriz75 said:
Griz til I die said:
Jesus Christ 75.
1. I joined Egriz in December, so how on earth could you know what my prediction was last year? .....
"Raider," who was being referred to, joined in 2005 and I wasn't quoting him, I was quoting his comment from someone else.

"Why" do "you" use "the quotation marks" so m"uch"?

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
Griz til I die said:
Jesus Christ 75.

"Why" do "you" use "the quotation marks" so m"uch"?

......I know.......what a jack.........

grizindabox said:
I am sure your "expectations" for the upcoming season will be just as "spot on" as your expectations last year.

Right?

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
I am sure your "expectations" for the upcoming season will be just as "spot on" as your expectations last year.

Right?

For a guy who routinely is overly critical of everyone ELSE'S expectations and predictions, it sure is difficult to get your predictions in writing.

AZGrizFan said:
For a guy who routinely is overly critical of everyone ELSE'S expectations and predictions, it sure is difficult to get your predictions in writing.
I've been quite specific; but I did not think it would be as bad as it was.

How about you? I seem to recall grand visions of nirvana. How'd that go?

Victory?

Or Epic Fail? It's been a long time since I've seen a Griz team collapse like that, accompanied by contradictory coach accusations, "it's the team's fault," "it's my fault," "it's nobody's fault," "we was robbed!" and "we need a consultant!"

Take your pick there. They are, roughly, quotes from the Coach meandering all over the place trying to save face for an embarrassed clique of sycophants.

Are you approaching this year with the same blinkered ignorance and arrogance?

It's an interesting combination of self-destructive emotions. I don't think they can do worse, and lightening may even strike. It's a new season.

It has to be better.

Will it be "good enough?"

Latest posts

Back