• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
Yep. Saw a scrimmage last week, something to do and a buddy got us in. Anyways they looked good. Receiver corps is arguably better than the Griz, Gubrud looks even more poised in the pocket and delivering dead on passes, Run game was great, solid Oline, Defensive line was much improved. The only glaring weakness was the secondary.

Apparently only Montana suffers when it changes coaches then.

Just hope that more start hiring their own version of Mick D

I hear ya....he did us no favors, for sure. But, consider this:

EWU has an entirely new coaching staff that's never worked together before, and certainly not during crunch time of a game-time decision-making scenario
EWU has a new head coach that's never been a head coach before.
He's on record as saying he wants a more "balanced" attack that doesn't depend on passing during the cold weather (I.e.: playoff) games...
They have a new Offensive Coordiator who's NEVER been an OC, who's last coaching stop was coaching HIGH SCHOOL and who hasn't coached at the college level since 2007.
They open with Texas Tech and NDSU and will most likely be 1-2 coming into Wa/Griz
The game is at Wa/Griz

And guess what? Their defense essentially dominated their offense during their spring game...sound familiar? :lol:

I think the Griz win. :cool: :cool:
I'm glad someone still has faith in the griz. It seems like every day it gets worse and worse on here.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
RayWill said:
9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN
9/9/17 at Washington LOSS
9/16/17 Savannah State WIN
9/23/17 Eastern Washington LOSS
9/30/17 at Portland State WIN
10/7/17 at Idaho State WIN
10/14/17 North Dakota LOSS
10/28/17 at Weber State 50/50
11/4/17 Northern Arizona LOSS
11/11/17 Northern Colorado 50/50
11/18/17 at Montana State LOSS

So say most likely 5-6. Have seen scrimmages at EWU, MSU, UM (TV) PORTLAND and have a freind whom follows the NAU Jacks that says they are looking really sharp. North Dakota sounds to be tough again, Weber was a surprise last year. At this point barring major improvement the defense will help keep the Griz in some tight games but the offense does not have the dynamic to get the job done yet. 5-6 Griz no better than the 5th or 6th team in the Big Sky sitting at home watching the post season on TV.

I think the Griz lose at PSU, other than that, pretty much agree with this post.

So, Ray is saying 5-6 and you're predicting 4-7?

I'll take the over in each of those cases....for as much money as you boys are willing to wager.

Still hoping I am wrong. This is spring after all. Ill pass for now. This is pretty much a WAG at this point. Talk to me this fall

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
RayWill said:
9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN

So say most likely 5-6. Have seen scrimmages at EWU, MSU, UM (TV) PORTLAND and have a freind whom follows the NAU Jacks that says they are looking really sharp. North Dakota sounds to be tough again, Weber was a surprise last year. At this point barring major improvement the defense will help keep the Griz in some tight games but the offense does not have the dynamic to get the job done yet. 5-6 Griz no better than the 5th or 6th team in the Big Sky sitting at home watching the post season on TV.

I think the Griz lose at PSU, other than that, pretty much agree with this post.

I'll take the over in each of those cases....for as much money as you boys are willing to wager.

Actually, my original prediction was 5-6 as well. I was just saying I thought the Griz would most likely lose at PSU, but pick up a win somewhere else.

9/2/17 Valparaiso
9/9/17 at Washington
9/16/17 Savannah State
9/23/17 Eastern Washington
9/30/17 at Portland State
10/7/17 at Idaho State
10/14/17 North Dakota
10/28/17 at Weber State
11/4/17 Northern Arizona
11/11/17 Northern Colorado
11/18/17 at kitties

Here's how I see it.

Griz go 5-1 or 6-0 at home.
ND & EWU will be down this year and UM will be much better then the chicken littles on here believe.

UM loses to UW... duh

So that brings us to the road games of PSU, ISU, Weber and the kitties. There is no way in hell the Griz don't get at lest 3 of these as wins.

So 8-3 or 9-2

And all the chicken littles eat crow....

By the way, starting on Saturday I'll be starting my personal assessment on every big sky team. I'll go in alphabetical order beginning with Cal Poly, Eastern, etc.

I'll drop my prediction to 9-2, although even if we go 5-6 - Stitt will be back for one more year. Guaranteed.....for all you haters out there.

ordigger said:
I'll drop my prediction to 9-2, although even if we go 5-6 - Stitt will be back for one more year. Guaranteed.....for all you haters out there.

Yeah, I wouldn't be betting the firm's best drill bits on that.

ordigger said:

I'm leaving mine at 8-3, and agree that he should get 1 more year no matter what. It's crazy how polarizing Stitt is to people. You either love him or hate him.

Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
RayWill said:
9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN

Actually, my original prediction was 5-6 as well. I was just saying I thought the Griz would most likely lose at PSU, but pick up a win somewhere else.
Either way, I'm all in on the over. Name your price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be betting the firm's best drill bits on that.

Still will last much longer than even the best of bits. Although I just did a well where we went through about 12 times what an average well goes through.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

Either way, I'm all in on the over.

Name your price.

One large Oreo cookie blizzard and a chimichanga from Los Favoritos next time I'm in AZ.

Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:

Either way, I'm all in on the over.

Name your price.

One large Oreo cookie blizzard and a chimichanga from Los Favoritos next time I'm in AZ.

Well I'm in San Antonio now, so gonna have to pick something different. :lol:

Richard Cranium said:
8-3 worst case scenario 9-2 best case. This defense will own the BSC. The Oline will be good by November.

I certainly think part 1 is correct. Part 2 worries me. Given they will practice against one heck of a D line and a LB corps - logically they should get better. Hopefully much better. Plus - we don't know who else could be walking in the door to fill a schollie. RB, DB, or o linemen? Hopefully all of the above. Anybody know exactly how many schollies are still available. Someone posted 4 I believe.

AZDoc said:
ordigger said:

I'm leaving mine at 8-3, and agree that he should get 1 more year no matter what. It's crazy how polarizing Stitt is to people. You either love him or hate him.

I'm sure a few "hate" Stitt. I don't know anyone who "loves" him. I think most are hoping for improving results...That's where I'm at.

If you have no expectations you can't have any disappointment. As the old saying goes"thou shall not should on yourself or anyone else". Hoping for a good season....... :thumb:

Back