• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

HookedonGriz said:
RayWill said:
getgrizzy said:
grizfan406 said:
My take is this, we need to peak at the right time. The Cats used to come in as pre-season favorites and fizzle at the end. As long as we get better every week, have improved 0-line play every week, we will be more than fine. With that said we didn't figure out how to finish strong and get better every week last year so... yeah, still have doubts as to if we can get that done.

We didn't finish strong because we weren't strong to begin with. Sure we started out with a nice record, but looking back on it the wins were against poor teams and some of those weren't very impressive. We had a nice win against No. Iowa, but that was it. I don't think we faded as the season went along. I just don't think we were that good to begin with.

Nail on head. I just don't see this years team being an improvement either. Usually i drink the Kool Aid around here but having a hard time buying it anymore.

I couldn't agree more. Been saying that for a while now. As evidenced by our lack of selections of all confermce picks. Hell we didn't have one kid make 1st team all big Sky. We barely had a second teamer. That says a lot.

That says a lot about how bad of recruiters Delaney and Co. were.

Valparaiso WIN
at Washington LOSS
Savannah State WIN
Eastern Washington LOSS
at Portland State LOSS
at Idaho State LOSS
North Dakota WIN
at Weber State LOSS
Northern Arizona LOSS
Northern Colorado WIN
at Montana State LOSS

4-7

the o/l with four seniors should be dominate,,,,yea yea, I know it takes longer to develop and work together....that excuse has flown.....each o/lman must develop and own his own legacy...the attitude and aptitude determines ones altitude....our guys are just as big, experienced, have a weight room, just like everyone else in the league.....so my expectations for the o/l are reasonable imo. 8 and 3 is minimal...

griz5700 said:
Valparaiso WIN
at Washington LOSS
Savannah State WIN
Eastern Washington LOSS
at Portland State LOSS
at Idaho State LOSS
North Dakota WIN
at Weber State LOSS
Northern Arizona LOSS
Northern Colorado WIN
at Montana State LOSS

4-7
Are you kidding me? You have us losing to all the cake walk opponents, but have us beating UND. That's the stupidest prediction by far.

Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Valparaiso WIN
at Washington LOSS
Savannah State WIN
Eastern Washington LOSS
at Portland State LOSS
at Idaho State LOSS
North Dakota WIN
at Weber State LOSS
Northern Arizona LOSS
Northern Colorado WIN
at Montana State LOSS

4-7
Are you kidding me? You have us losing to all the cake walk opponents, but have us beating UND. That's the stupidest prediction by far.

Cake walk opponents?

griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Valparaiso WIN
at Washington LOSS
Savannah State WIN
Eastern Washington LOSS
at Portland State LOSS
at Idaho State LOSS
North Dakota WIN
at Weber State LOSS
Northern Arizona LOSS
Northern Colorado WIN
at Montana State LOSS

4-7

Cake walk opponents?
Your trying to tell me that the cats, Idaho state, and Portland state are gonna be good?

Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Valparaiso WIN
at Washington LOSS
Savannah State WIN
Eastern Washington LOSS
at Portland State LOSS
at Idaho State LOSS
North Dakota WIN
at Weber State LOSS
Northern Arizona LOSS
Northern Colorado WIN
at Montana State LOSS

4-7

Cake walk opponents?
Your trying to tell me that the cats, Idaho state, and Portland state are gonna be good?

MSU beat the Griz last year. They'll be improved and playing at home.
ISU put up 44 in Wa-Griz.
@PSU is not a cakewalk, espc if it rains. which it does from time to time in Portland.
No road game is a guarantee with this team.

griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:

Cake walk opponents?

@PSU is not a cakewalk, espc if it rains. which it does from time to time in Portland.
You're right MSU will be improved but still terrible, plus we always win Bozeman. I don't care if ISU did put up 44 last year we still beat them and our defense is much better this year. Who cares if it rains in Portland? Two years ago when we played them in the rain they were good, now they suck. All 3 of these games are almost guarantees.

Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Cake walk opponents?

You're right MSU will be improved but still terrible, plus we always win Bozeman. I don't care if ISU did put up 44 last year we still beat them and our defense is much better this year. Who cares if it rains in Portland? Two years ago when we played them in the rain they were good, now they suck. All 3 of these games are almost guarantees.

I'm as optimistic as they come, but even I can't say a game is a guarantee anymore, especially on the road, and weak teams are not an exception either. We really struggle on the road. Games that should be "guarantees" have been nail-biters or losses (aka 2016 UNC, 2015 ISU, 2013 Sac State). Since 2010, the Griz have gone 18-22 on the road with only 2013 having a winning record of 5-1 on the road... They need to prove they can start winning on the road before people will start viewing games as "gimmies".

Many talk about an improved defense this year and I hope they are correct. I haven't seen any discussion about Special Teams. Do the insiders see an improvement with Special Teams?

Spanky said:
....and what about a still poor OL? And what about having only one good running back?

Are there still rumors about Tyree coming or a drop down that those in the know, know?

Probably best not to have any. Less chance of hurt feelings and perhaps great sense of euphoria if things go their way. It's a tough conference schedule. The good old days are long gone.

by HelenaHandBasket » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Griz til I die wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:43 pm

I am not sure he is telling you that at all.

Subtle cleverness :clap:

AZDoc said:
Spanky said:
....and what about a still poor OL? And what about having only one good running back?

Are there still rumors about Tyree coming or a drop down that those in the know, know?

Yes still wide open discussion of Tyree or a different RB transfer or drop down. Tyree had to finish school and rumor is he's coming this way. Could be all rumor. Could be something to it. I think it lies somewhere in the middle.

Spanky said:
Many talk about an improved defense this year and I hope they are correct. I haven't seen any discussion about Special Teams. Do the insiders see an improvement with Special Teams?
Depends a lot on whether the HC is increasing his priority on special teams. I'm not an insider, but I have seen little change.

Back