• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Faculty ask for reconsideration of Hauck hire

BWahlberg said:
Their concerns are fair and I'm sure this is something that Hauck, Haslam, Bodnar, and Stearns discussed at length. Asking for the hire to be reconsidered is a little silly, IMO. However I think their alternate suggestion of having meetings with Hauck/Haslam to discuss concerns and remedies are perfectly fine.

They had to know this was coming, and then add in the firestorm that was whipped up because of it (I see they're asking for Schlosser's season tix to be revoked), it probably brought on extra concern.

I find it amazing that it is always the football team and Hauck and Robin Pflugrad that get castrated and blamed for everything that is wrong at U of M and nobody ever mentions the Saudi that by all accounts was a serial rapist that Royce Engstrom's administration basically let skip town. The gutless weasel canned Robin and Jim O'Day to save his ass. Royce Engstom's presidency at U of M was an absolute disaster and that is why U of M is where they are today.

They also still bring up Jordan Johnson like he was a convicted rapist instead of the victim of a stalker for all intensive purposes and the related political climate created by the Missoulian. What did it take the jury, an hour and 20 minutes to find him not guilty including lunch?

Maybe at the First Home Game Half-time, these Faculty members can have

hqdefault.jpg

HookedonGriz said:
What's interesting is the backlash and negativity toward Hauck is probably far outweighed by the actual support of Hauck....only you wouldn't know it based on the Davey petition, some crap Missoulian articles, and some even more crappy Kaimin articles. Those who oppose something always seem to be more vocal and do their part to draw attention to their frustration (squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality).

I'm dang-near tempted to start my own petition or platform of some kind in support of the Hauck hire. I have a feeling this platform would blow any of the negative ones out of the water....by a long shot. Would be interesting to see the majority of support that he has instead of listening to or being spoon fed this negativity.

Any good ideas to help accomplish this? Would it be worth looking into?

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what it would take to get some attention, but I would definitely get involved.

Jaredkuehn said:
HookedonGriz said:
What's interesting is the backlash and negativity toward Hauck is probably far outweighed by the actual support of Hauck....only you wouldn't know it based on the Davey petition, some crap Missoulian articles, and some even more crappy Kaimin articles. Those who oppose something always seem to be more vocal and do their part to draw attention to their frustration (squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality).

I'm dang-near tempted to start my own petition or platform of some kind in support of the Hauck hire. I have a feeling this platform would blow any of the negative ones out of the water....by a long shot. Would be interesting to see the majority of support that he has instead of listening to or being spoon fed this negativity.

Any good ideas to help accomplish this? Would it be worth looking into?

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what it would take to get some attention, but I would definitely get involved.

Ditto

signedbewildered said:
*Elizabeth Hubble
*Anya Jabour
*Bryan Cochran
*Rayna Sage
*Tobin Miller Shearer
*Sara Hayden
*Kathy Kuipers
*Hiltrud Arens
*Brady Harrison
*Betsy Bach
*Tammy Ravas
*Neva Hassanein
*Celia Winkler
*Daisy Rooks
*Megan Stark
*Chris Fiore
*Teresa Sobieszczyk
*Greg Larson
*Alison Pepper
*Dan Spencer
*John DeBoer
*Phil Condon
*Patrick Burke
*Allen Szalda-Petree
*Jill Belsky
*Sarah Halvorson
*David Shively

Good god this is a slippery slope folks. Does the star chamber faculty now get to approve all hires? Have we looked into all aspects of their lives? What if one of their children has had a run in with the law? Do we fire them on the spot? What if their spouse gets a DUI? Are they really capable of teaching our younger people? Are any of these folks advisers and if so, are they making sure their assigned students are upholding the standards they have established for others?
I really think we need to cull the faculty herd and I have 28 nominations for the new President.

BWahlberg said:
Their concerns are fair and I'm sure this is something that Hauck, Haslam, Bodnar, and Stearns discussed at length. Asking for the hire to be reconsidered is a little silly, IMO. However I think their alternate suggestion of having meetings with Hauck/Haslam to discuss concerns and remedies are perfectly fine.

They had to know this was coming, and then add in the firestorm that was whipped up because of it (I see they're asking for Schlosser's season tix to be revoked), it probably brought on extra concern.

I agree but some of the supposition in the article is complete bullshit. Like saying Hauck is somehow responsible for “...the culture of impunity with respect to sexual harassment and assault by athletes...” WTF? There was 1 sexual assault by 1 athlete. 1.
The, very thinly veiled, agenda of the opinion piece can be found farther on “...termination of 30 lecturers...” and “...recent completion of the obscenely luxurious Washington Grizzly Champions Center merely confirms where the university’s priorities lie.”
Than there is this gem “...the recent removal from positions of power of many high-profile men who have engaged in sexual misconduct.” Is he actually implying that Bobby engaged in sexual misconduct?
All in all, this “opinion” is intellectually dishonest, but typical of the Missoulian.
Not mad at you Brint, but this kind of crap pisses me off. Disparaging a man’s character, especially an alumn that has given back to this University many times over, because of the acts of other grown men is NOT, in any way, shape nor form understandable or excusable.

RobGriz said:
Than there is this gem “...the recent removal from positions of power of many high-profile men who have engaged in sexual misconduct.” Is he actually implying that Bobby engaged in sexual misconduct?

Bingo...I do believe he is! This is getting stupid!

I know 3 of the individuals on this list. I assure you they are about as liberal as they come. I know that 2 of them are vocally against athletics, and feel that everything wrong at the university stems from the "devaluing of a liberal arts education" (Their words....)

grizpack said:
I know 3 of the individuals on this list. I assure you they are about as liberal as they come. I know that 2 of them are vocally against athletics, and feel that everything wrong at the university stems from the "devaluing of a liberal arts education" (Their words....)
Well, by charging $75,000 to learn something that pays $35,000 the liberal arts education is devaluing itself.

BWahlberg said:

Whether their concerns are fair or not is irrelevant. No where else do employees get to petition their bosses about the hiring and firing of other employees and circulate it in the media. Given the low enrollment and financial situation of the University, they should be thankful they have jobs. If they don't like the situation then seek new employment. This is another self inflicted wound brought upon the university by the entitled people. Where were their concerns and petitions two months ago? We had incidents concerning athletes then and not a peep. This is insubordinate behavior that is saying that these faculty members don't trust the administrations ability to make decisions. You are right, there should be a meeting but without Hauck and Haslam. Bodnar and Stearns need to tell them how cow ate the cabbage. This is a business and not a democracy.

zengriz said:
...at the end of the day...
...it gets dark and siht happens...
...these people need to get a frickn grip...

... :wtf: ...

Or...maybe just leave the university and get replaced :D

Missoula liberals finally found a questionable opportunity to voice their phony “moral superiority”. Yawn...

TRUMP TRAIN SUCKAS

84GRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:

I find it amazing that it is always the football team and Hauck and Robin Pflugrad that get castrated and blamed for everything that is wrong at U of M and nobody ever mentions the Saudi that by all accounts was a serial rapist that Royce Engstrom's administration basically let skip town. The gutless weasel canned Robin and Jim O'Day to save his ass. Royce Engstom's presidency at U of M was an absolute disaster and that is why U of M is where they are today.

They also still bring up Jordan Johnson like he was a convicted rapist instead of the victim of a stalker for all intensive purposes and the related political climate created by the Missoulian. What did it take the jury, an hour and 20 minutes to find him not guilty including lunch?
DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner. Exactly correct

this is the difference in the public vs. private sector.....if i were to have done something like this (basically questioning my boss of a hire)....well, my tenure would have been short.....i would have been told mind your own business so you will not be minding mine. these people are not the a.d or president...gezz, frustrating !

signedbewildered said:
*Anya Jabour
*Sara Hayden
*Betsy Bach

Before I even looked at the list, I knew these 3 would be on it.

The very reasons Montana Tech gets my alumni money, not UM.

grizpack said:

Oh wow. Yes a quick search reveals that they are passionate and very vocal (to say the least) about advocating for their causes....all the same causes. Not that there is anything wrong with that but you know what they say about birds of a feather.

Didn't go through the whole list but the first few I punched in had some sort of ties to Ms Davey. Not that there is anything wrong with that either but it's just a curious observation.

At what point do you let this go? Scheeeeeeesh!!!!!!!

There will be some meetings - some people will be happy and some won't. Bobby will stay and by this time next year we will be talking about either our next playoff game or what has to be done to get past the 1st/2nd round.

I know this is a great place for people to vent and blame - but it doesn't mean diddley squat.

Personally - I've decided to just ignore the shitstorm and let it die on it's own - as it surely will.

I'm still not sure if I should blame Nixon or Carter or Reagan or Bush I or !! or Obama or Hillary or the Donald. Right now I'm kinda thinking that Putin is behind all of it.

:coffee:

BWahlberg said:

Great post. I agree fully. Look, like it or not, Hauck was a controversial hire. Some of that controversy was of his own making, some of it fabricated. But make no mistake: it WAS a controversial hire. But I guarantee that Kent is wise enough to have known that and to have processes in place to deal with the fallout, this included.

RobGriz said:
grizpack said:
Well, by charging $75,000 to learn something that pays $35,000 the liberal arts education is devaluing itself.

I have a liberal arts degree. And I can assure you I make a figure far in excess of $35,000. Liberal arts includes far more than interpretive dance, people.

Back