• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FBS to Form New Subdivision

mtgrizrule said:
Eventually, we have to shit or get off the pot. Hell at this rate, we may even lose the pot to shit in. :thumb:

This is why we need to step up on the pot and rip a huge upper decker in the Big Sky bathroom.

I heard about this from Jesus when he was dying on the cross in 33 A.D. Apparently some of you have not read my contribution to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Check under Ursadis Majoris.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Time to reel this nonsense in a bit. As far as I'm concerned, CDA is still the leader in the clubhouse, because he's the only one that can produce concrete (or in this case, chiseled stone) evidence of his "prediction event". By oredigger's own admission, he didn't stick his neck out until 1903; CDA had been twisting in the wind for a f***[*] DECADE before oredigger finally grew a pair. Could it have been a case of independent prophesy? Of course. But the fact remains that CDA simply got there first. :geek:

Thanks, Hoe. It does appear that Oredigger had the intel first, but I suppose I beat him to market. It wasn't easy during those first few years. The taunts and jeers from the Front Street Pour Boyz were downright nasty. The Boyz had a vested interest in keeping things the same, and revolutionary predictions such as this one upset the Boyz' control on the commoners for a while. Now that it's almost pretty confirmed that it might happen, the Johnny-Come-Latelies are coming out of the woodwork making all kinds of primacy claims.

Yep. Oredigger is just the first of what will surely be a long and steady stream of folks trying to get their grubby mitts on a piece of this sweet pie. Stay strong, and know that I've got your back. :thumb:

True. My phone has been going batshit all day with people attempting to grab the Prediction Prize Pledge Pin, which, as we all know, is given to the Prediction Prizewinner and is the most coveted plunder in the Prediction Purse. I won't give up the ship.

Attaway to go! Sounds like you've got your eyes wide open and your head on straight. Like I said, your back's covered. With that, I do feel compelled to mention that if legitimate evidence were to emerge supporting a claim of prophetic primacy, I would need to respect that and track it down, wherever it might lead. Based on what I know of you, that probably didn't even need saying. Hell, you'd likely shove me out of the way in order to be first to congratulate the new Nostradamus!
At any rate, let's buckle in; this things gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better...

Ursa Major said:
I heard about this from Jesus when he was dying on the cross in 33 A.D. Apparently some of you have not read my contribution to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Get in line, buddy/pal/friend/guy. You and I both know scholars have debated the true interpretation of the Scrolls for centuries. It's true that your contribution basically translates to a prediction that "top institutions" will "cease playing the brown egg game with the masses," but then you went on to say it would occur during the "Age of Tinder-like apps dedicated to finding local donkey shows." Last I checked, Ass2Ass is nowhere near ready for rollout.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks, Hoe. It does appear that Oredigger had the intel first, but I suppose I beat him to market. It wasn't easy during those first few years. The taunts and jeers from the Front Street Pour Boyz were downright nasty. The Boyz had a vested interest in keeping things the same, and revolutionary predictions such as this one upset the Boyz' control on the commoners for a while. Now that it's almost pretty confirmed that it might happen, the Johnny-Come-Latelies are coming out of the woodwork making all kinds of primacy claims.

Yep. Oredigger is just the first of what will surely be a long and steady stream of folks trying to get their grubby mitts on a piece of this sweet pie. Stay strong, and know that I've got your back. :thumb:

True. My phone has been going batshit all day with people attempting to grab the Prediction Prize Pledge Pin, which, as we all know, is given to the Prediction Prizewinner and is the most coveted plunder in the Prediction Purse. I won't give up the ship.

Attaway to go! Sounds like you've got your eyes wide open and your head on straight. Like I said, your back's covered. With that, I do feel compelled to mention that if legitimate evidence were to emerge supporting a claim of prophetic primacy, I would need to respect that and track it down, wherever it might lead. Based on what I know of you, that probably didn't even need saying. Hell, you'd likely shove me out of the way in order to be first to congratulate the new Nostradamus!
At any rate, let's buckle in; this things gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better...

Of course. I would expect nothing less from a gentleman, and I am honored to identify you as just that.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Of course. I would expect nothing less from a gentleman, and I am honored to identify you as just that.

The honor is mine, dear friend/buddy/pal....

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Get in line, buddy/pal/friend/guy. You and I both know scholars have debated the true interpretation of the Scrolls for centuries. It's true that your contribution basically translates to a prediction that "top institutions" will "cease playing the brown egg game with the masses," but then you went on to say it would occur during the "Age of Tinder-like apps dedicated to finding local donkey shows." Last I checked, Ass2Ass is nowhere near ready for rollout.

FFS! Go ahead, embarrass me again! I have admitted this before, I was drinking the night I wrote the passage and I didn't carry the one so my math was a little off. You fuckers just never let it go, do ya? I tried to correct it in either the Book of Mormon or the Jehovah's Witnesses', the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (I still get them confused). I'm done posting here with you know-it-alls! See you at Greenthumb.com, AWF!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

FFS! Go ahead, embarrass me again! I have admitted this before, I was drinking the night I wrote the passage and I didn't carry the one so my math was a little off. You f***[*] just never let it go, do ya? I tried to correct it in either the Book of Mormon or the Jehovah's Witnesses', the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (I still get them confused). I'm done posting here with you know-it-alls! See you at Greenthumb.com, AWF!

Don't worry Ursa. The greatest prophet of them all, Mark Cuban, has just predicted the end of football as we know it. His crystal ball reading told him that this event would take place within 10 years. His proclamation trumps what you heard from the "Good Thief" in 33 AD IMO. The Watchtower didn't even have that scoop!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

FFS! Go ahead, embarrass me again! I have admitted this before, I was drinking the night I wrote the passage and I didn't carry the one so my math was a little off. You fuckers just never let it go, do ya? I tried to correct it in either the Book of Mormon or the Jehovah's Witnesses', the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (I still get them confused). I'm done posting here with you know-it-alls! See you at Greenthumb.com, AWF!

I'm sorry to bring it up here. I still think you're a fine predictor worthy of high praise. I also know that Ass2Ass will be a game changer. If you don't win the Prediction Prize Pledge Pin and the attendant plunder when that fucker goes live, I will lose all faith in the bureaucracy that is the National Unified Throng of Certified Unappreciated Predictors (NUTCUP) and decline to renew my membership. If this comes to pass, and as the so-called Big Guns of prediction, I suggest we forego the protection NUTCUP offers to form a new guild. A guild for Big Gun predictors only. I've seen it done before in other contexts, but cannot remember the specifics.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

FFS! Go ahead, embarrass me again! I have admitted this before, I was drinking the night I wrote the passage and I didn't carry the one so my math was a little off. You f***[*] just never let it go, do ya? I tried to correct it in either the Book of Mormon or the Jehovah's Witnesses', the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (I still get them confused). I'm done posting here with you know-it-alls! See you at Greenthumb.com, AWF!

I'm sorry to bring it up here. I still think you're a fine predictor worthy of high praise. I also know that Ass2Ass will be a game changer. If you don't win the Prediction Prize Pledge Pin and the attendant plunder when that f***[*] goes live, I will lose all faith in the bureaucracy that is the National Unified Throng of Certified Unappreciated Predictors (NUTCUP) and decline to renew my membership. If this comes to pass, and as the so-called Big Guns of prediction, I suggest we forego the protection NUTCUP offers to form a new guild. A guild for Big Gun predictors only. I've seen it done before in other contexts, but cannot remember the specifics.

CDA, your graciousness and class are equal parts astonishing and inspiring! If there's some way that I can hitch my wagon to your and Ursa's NUTCUP-busting star, I want to know about it! Goddamn! If folks out there aren't getting energized by the possibilities here, they need to be checked for a pulse! :clap:

Should the guild become a necessity, we will need a Commissioner. I believe we have found one in Hoe.

Bowls are for cereals and ice cream. UM better do something tho. Quick. I hate bowl games but i hate watching my team lose even more.

As the better FCS programs leave to fill out the needs of the depleted FBS, FCS will continue to be watered down to approach the level of DII. There will be no status quo as many desire; step forward to join peers or slip back. Which direction do you want UM to go? I think we know what RE and a sizeable portion of the faculty want.

A few questions and thoughts.

1. Which one of you were surprised by this? Please speak up now.

2. Are there more details on the new subdivision is being formed, and what the teams left behind in FCS will do? Please amplify or provide a link if you've seen more that these statements.

3. Why would UM want to move to another level due to this development?

4. The SEC commissioner, Slive, seems like a very smart and articulate guy. I wonder if he went to Dartmouth--and played baseball and was in Beta and Sphinx. Several very good posters on this board played sports and Dartmouth and were in Beta and Sphinx.

5. College athletics should generally be D-III, except for the big boys. That's the best model for most college sports now.

If this is true the division under the power conferences which will consisist of: MWC, C-USA, American, Sun Belt, MAC is essentially the "new FCS". It will be interesting to see what about the top third of current FCS does in the next few years.

Do they step up to the new FCS level, or do they let a new division form in front of them, dropping them one more level from the top level of college football? I hope UM and MSU get this one right.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

I'm sorry to bring it up here. I still think you're a fine predictor worthy of high praise. I also know that Ass2Ass will be a game changer. If you don't win the Prediction Prize Pledge Pin and the attendant plunder when that f***[*] goes live, I will lose all faith in the bureaucracy that is the National Unified Throng of Certified Unappreciated Predictors (NUTCUP) and decline to renew my membership. If this comes to pass, and as the so-called Big Guns of prediction, I suggest we forego the protection NUTCUP offers to form a new guild. A guild for Big Gun predictors only. I've seen it done before in other contexts, but cannot remember the specifics.

Jesus was also a "Johnny Come Lately" in our family. Great grandpappy Moses had the scoop first, but alas it is unproven, because it was simply oral tradition in our family line.

And now to get a bit serious.....although many people here are saying that they've been predicting this for a long time, this potential announcement were it to come true is only half the story. Just about everyone is also posting the top tier of FCS would also go to this "new division", ie CAA, MVC, Big Sky, etc.

[/quote] Just about everyone is also posting the top tier of FCS would also go to this "new division", ie CAA, MVC, Big Sky, etc.[/quote]

As an MWC fan, I hope that actually doesn't happen. There are only maybe about 10 current FCS schools, including the Griz and Cats, that I would like to see make the cut. The rest can stay where they are.

Writing was on the wall and some read it, see App State, GSU etc. they made a choice to start to position themselves to be in a better position once this all plays out I think. You can guarantee that UM will look at this is status quoe and get knocked down. This admin at UM has shown it would do nothing other. We can be in the ranks with CWU, WOU, or basically a DII program. Even bigger fish in an even smaller pond!

Sad but most likely true!

Back