• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Championship Game: JMU vs ND State, Jan 6th

I will say it....the only reason that NAU is in over EWU is that NAU thumped mighty Illinois State. If EWU would have beat NDSU they would have been in!

2011BisonAlumni said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Also James Madison in quarterfinals. Screw the committee and their stupid geography rule. It's the 21st century, travel isn't difficult. NAU gets San Diego and Weber gets W Illinois. NAU didn't earn an easier game.

I really don’t see Weber beating Western Illinois.

I wouldn't expect anything different. I would guess you have every MVC team winning unless they are facing another MVC team in you little bracket prediction thing.

Weber State did not beat a single playoff team this year. Western Illinois crushed NAU and FBS Coastal Carolina. Better quality wins and played a much tougher schedule.

Big Fluffy has been very underwhelming in playoffs over the last 6 years outside of EWU. MVFC had their 3rd place team make the national championship game last year. It is unintentional bias....purely result driven.

Weber has been underestimated all year. I hope everyone in that bracket is underestimating them too.

I hope weber, nau, and suu show up and open a can whoop ass. The Bigsky needs some respect and that’s how it needs to get it.

NAU might get San Diego? The other BSC teams will all lose.. Montana and EWU are the only BSC teams that have ever won in the playoffs, that's not likely to change...

i_the_sky said:
NAU might get San Diego? The other BSC teams will all lose.. Montana and EWU are the only BSC teams that have ever won in the playoffs, that's not likely to change...

It has, Montana doesn't win in the playoffs anymore.

i_the_sky said:

Montana and Eastern are usually the only ones who get home games in the playoffs. That helps.

Weber is 2-3 in playoff opening round games and 2-5 overall. All on the road. Weber is hosting their first ever playoff game this weekend.

Likely best case for the Big Sky is going 3-3. Unfortunately one of those losses will be to another Big Sky team. It's ridiculous Weber and SUU would have to play again in the 2nd round if Weber beats WIU.

WILDCATFAN said:
i_the_sky said:

Montana and Eastern are usually the only ones who get home games in the playoffs. That helps.

Weber is 2-3 in playoff opening round games and 2-5 overall. All on the road. Weber is hosting their first ever playoff game this weekend.

Well I hope the southern cats, the jacks and the turd birds all win a game... it helps the conference.

Due to the coaching change the FCS Selection Committee has reconsidered and Montana has been given an at large slot. They're currently negotiating on who they will drop.

grizfan95 said:
Or how South Dakota loses their last 3 (and 4 of last 5) and gets in.

It's simple really. They lost to 4 of the best teams in the country who are all playoff teams. They played a hard schedule, won 7 games, and had some very nice wins. They should be in. Period. As a conference, the MVFC has proven themselves and have had every team represent themselves well in the playoffs. We can not not say that about the Big Sky.

In this decade (2010 on) here is a list of the non conference record in the playoffs from MVFC teams.

NDSU 14-2
SDSU 4-2
UNI 4-2
WIU 2-1
ISUr 3-3
ISUb 1-1

Overall record MVFC is 32-12. Not a single MVCFC who made playoffs have a record under .500 against non conference teams.

14 teams have played in the national championship game this decade. 7 of those teams have been from the MVFC and three different teams have represented the MVFC in the championship game. 5 national championships from the Valley. Even the CAA in their heydey didn't have a run like this.

41GrizFan said:
grizfan95 said:

It's simple really. They lost to 4 of the best teams in the country who are all playoff teams. They played a hard schedule, won 7 games, and had some very nice wins. They should be in. Period. As a conference, the MVFC has proven themselves and have had every team represent themselves well in the playoffs. We can not not say that about the Big Sky.

In this decade (2010 on) here is a list of the non conference record in the playoffs from MVFC teams.

NDSU 14-2
SDSU 4-2
UNI 4-2
WIU 2-1
ISUr 3-3
ISUb 1-1

Overall record MVFC is 32-12. Not a single MVCFC who made playoffs have a record under .500 against non conference teams.

14 teams have played in the national championship game this decade. 7 of those teams have been from the MVFC and three different teams have represented the MVFC in the championship game. 5 national championships from the Valley. Even the CAA in their heydey didn't have a run like this.

Jesus, easy with the MVC adoration, you could put an eye out.

I believe that the Griz own a winning record against MVC opponents. I also believe Stitt owned a winning record against the MVC.

41GrizFan said:
grizfan95 said:

NDSU 14-2
SDSU 4-2
UNI 4-2
WIU 2-1
ISUr 3-3
ISUb 1-1

That was an impressive and very informative post.

Well written.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bisonfanatical said:
41GrizFan said:
grizfan95 said:

NDSU 14-2
SDSU 4-2
UNI 4-2
WIU 2-1
ISUr 3-3
ISUb 1-1

That was an impressive and very informative post.

Well written.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As an editor, I'd tweak a couple of things here and there, but overall? Not too bad.

coachkenelty said:
I believe that the Griz own a winning record against MVC opponents. I also believe Stitt owned a winning record against the MVC.

Irrelevant. The rest of the Big Sky has been atrocious. There is a reason the MVFC gets more teams in. Their teams have performed. Big Sky teams, outside of EWU, have not.

41GrizFan said:
grizfan95 said:

NDSU 14-2
SDSU 4-2
UNI 4-2
WIU 2-1
ISUr 3-3
ISUb 1-1

I don't care for the fact the committee continually puts the MVFC teams on the same side of the bracket. It would make much more sense to me to let it get sorted out like the Power 5 conferences are doing now; e.g., Alabama-Auburn now and then Georgia-whomever in the SEC. Clemson-Miami in the ACC. Wisconsin-whomever in the midwest and possibly USC from the west.

You have a valid argument for just how dominate the MVFC is in small college football.

Latest posts

Back