• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fields is done in Bozo

doc3kgt said:
UMGriz75 said:
firmgriz said:
I would guess many are breathing a sigh of relief in boozeville. It never seemed that Fields actually did anything to make their program better.
Well, it took him a while, but everyone seems enthused with his basketball hire two years ago, and the high bb attendance last weekend certainly pointed to an enthusiasm turnaround.

Similarly, while the Ash firing took some by surprise, the replacement hires certainly look to be a turnaround there as well.

It raises the question, once the guy moved and put things in the right direction, looking to turnaround two failing sports programs with arguably good hires, at the least finally putting both programs in a "new direction," only then do you fire the guy because you want a "new direction?"

How do you do that with two new coaching staffs already in place?

If he made good hires, why is he being fired? Is she questioning the new hires?

Something about this seems backwards.

Maybe Cruzado was going for a smooth transition by just letting the contracts expire? Who knows, it's all speculative anyways unless you personally confide in Cruzado. I think most people would agree that Peter Fields was a bit of a lame duck AD. MSU is making a concerted effort to really turn things around with the athletics program. I would think that most people who have interest in MSU athletics are happy with this move.

Waded looked 200 miles to the west and saw a new academic center and the soon-to-be-completed champions center, and realized she has to keep up with the Joneses or get left in the dust... :eek:

wbtfg said:
grizfnz said:
Ted Dawson should apply.
Lol

Seems like a good idea. MSU could save money by paying him with cookies.

8VlVFcw.gif

info said:
doc3kgt said:
UMGriz75 said:
firmgriz said:
I would guess many are breathing a sigh of relief in boozeville. It never seemed that Fields actually did anything to make their program better.
Well, it took him a while, but everyone seems enthused with his basketball hire two years ago, and the high bb attendance last weekend certainly pointed to an enthusiasm turnaround.

Similarly, while the Ash firing took some by surprise, the replacement hires certainly look to be a turnaround there as well.

It raises the question, once the guy moved and put things in the right direction, looking to turnaround two failing sports programs with arguably good hires, at the least finally putting both programs in a "new direction," only then do you fire the guy because you want a "new direction?"

Maybe Cruzado was going for a smooth transition by just letting the contracts expire? Who knows, it's all speculative anyways unless you personally confide in Cruzado. I think most people would agree that Peter Fields was a bit of a lame duck AD. MSU is making a concerted effort to really turn things around with the athletics program. I would think that most people who have interest in MSU athletics are happy with this move.

Waded looked 200 miles to the west and saw a new academic center and the soon-to-be-completed champions center, and realized she has to keep up with the Joneses or get left in the dust... :eek:

I believe that horse is already out of their rodeo barn.

You left out the Coaches Fields fired who then sued MSU. Bin ford might work out, but the two coaches before her were disasters, one was caught red handed having sex with a player, the other had players quitting because of overuse injuries.
He fired Mick Durham, citing a need for better performance, then replaced him twice with coaches who did worse.
Kramer was an embarrassing hire for fields.
The financing of MSU'S facilities turned out to be much longer than anything previously allowed by a state University. That's bad, given that UM pays off its improvements in years, not decades thanks to strong private donations.
Fields should have been fired with Kramer.

EverettGriz said:
info said:
doc3kgt said:
UMGriz75 said:

We have an academic center already (about 3 years old I think), and we would have to win Championships to have a center for them (GOD I AM BETTER AT THIS THAT YOU GUYS). She wants new bleachers w/sky boxes on the East side first.

Basketball coach is a clown, Ash was a very well liked guy who ran a clean program but got fired. Choate better win and run a clean program now with the guy who hired him leaving.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
info said:
doc3kgt said:

We have an academic center already (about 3 years old I think), and we would have to win Championships to have a center for them (GOD I AM BETTER AT THIS THAT YOU GUYS). She wants new bleachers w/sky boxes on the East side first.

The point remains, she's trying to keep up with the Joneses... :shock:

I love it when Boobcats chirp on our board and demonstrate first hand their Griz envy ... Poooorrrrrr Boobcats !!!

Fields was/is a turd the way he treated Coach Ash--glad he's been canned !!!

I heard that Coach Ash, upon hearing the news about Petey, called him up and told Fields that if he is short on cash this summer, he could come over to the Ash home and mow the lawn and clean up the dog poop !!! :shock:

info said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
info said:

The point remains, she's trying to keep up with the Joneses... :shock:

My point is, we had the Academic Center and the new locker rooms already (before you) We should have had the East bleachers done as well, but we didn't win enough to get it knocked out. Nothing to do with you guys.

griz4life said:
You left out the Coaches Fields fired who then sued MSU. Bin ford might work out, but the two coaches before her were disasters, one was caught red handed having sex with a player, the other had players quitting because of overuse injuries.
He fired Mick Durham, citing a need for better performance, then replaced him twice with coaches who did worse.
Kramer was an embarrassing hire for fields.
The financing of MSU'S facilities turned out to be much longer than anything previously allowed by a state University. That's bad, given that UM pays off its improvements in years, not decades thanks to strong private donations.
Fields should have been fired with Kramer.

Cool story bro, to bad your facts are wrong, Kramer was hired before Fields and the long term financing was in place before Fields was hired also.

billingsgriz said:
I love it when Boobcats chirp on our board and demonstrate first hand their Griz envy ... Poooorrrrrr Boobcats !!!

Fields was/is a turd the way he treated Coach Ash--glad he's been canned !!!

I heard that Coach Ash, upon hearing the news about Petey, called him up and told Fields that if he is short on cash this summer, he could come over to the Ash home and mow the lawn and clean up the dog poop !!! :shock:

A griz fan started this thread...And not one Cats fan has "Chirped" about anything, we pretty much agree with you guys. Calm down.

griz4life said:
I feel for Cruzado on the Eastside skybox thing. That was a real struggle for Montana in 1986.

HAY EVERY COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN AMERICA...YOU CAN'T IMPROVE YOUR STADIUM BECAUSE THE GRIZ ALREADY DID AND NOW YOU ARE JUST FOLLOWING THEM...DON'T BOTHER.

(OK, that was a little chirpy)

Difficult for an AD at state college. Most talented athletes won't go to the school if they have the opportunity to go elsewhere.

The chirping mentioned involved Big Sky championships and the total amnesia of what has happened the last 3 years when we played head-to-head and annihilated your Shi##y Kitties, twice in Bozeman, not to mention the last 10, 20, 30 and 115 years in our "rivalry" ... but who's counting?

That said, we can probably agree that Fields was/is a tool, and we are all glad--or at least most of us--that he was sent packing.

He had also subtley threatened your women's b-ball coach this year, Binford, so I am pretty sure she is glad that creepy Uncle Petey is leaving as well !!!

Which will end up the more awkward event: coach Ron Choate's hiring press conference, or Fields' welcoming all the new recruits to campus?
"Hey fellas, I'm you're AD...for a few weeks until my canning kicks in".

Latest posts

Back