• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fields is done in Bozo

SACCAT66 said:
Waded has noticed how stagnant the football program has been the last 3 years ( even more stagnant than the shit pond...BEAT YOU TO IT!!!). She wants change, a bowled in stadium, and an in-door practice facility. Will all this happen? No, but she is not someone to mess with. Should be interesting....Odd timing for sure.

But she is someone to mess with, the Griz Mens B-ball and football teams have been messing with her quite a bit.
:thumb:

SACCAT66 said:
griz4life said:
I feel for Cruzado on the Eastside skybox thing. That was a real struggle for Montana in 1986.

HAY EVERY COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN AMERICA...YOU CAN'T IMPROVE YOUR STADIUM BECAUSE THE GRIZ ALREADY DID AND NOW YOU ARE JUST FOLLOWING THEM...DON'T BOTHER.

(OK, that was a little chirpy)

It's ok bozo has a cute High School Stadium with storage sheds in the endzone....

Potomac Griz said:
wbtfg said:
grizfnz said:
Ted Dawson should apply.
Lol

Seems like a good idea. MSU could save money by paying him with cookies.

8VlVFcw.gif
Now this is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we had a Board of Regents, they might decide our state can properly afford only one Division1 athletic program. State college would be a Division 2 or NAIA program and could likely compete very well. UM would be the sole Division 1 program which would open a path to a much improved athletic conference as MSU would no longer hold us back.

Spanky said:
If we had a Board of Regents, they might decide our state can properly afford only one Division1 athletic program. State college would be a Division 2 or NAIA program and could likely compete very well. UM would be the sole Division 1 program which would open a path to a much improved athletic conference as MSU would no longer hold us back.

This simply makes too much sense.

griz4life said:
You left out the Coaches Fields fired who then sued MSU. Bin ford might work out, but the two coaches before her were disasters, one was caught red handed having sex with a player, the other had players quitting because of overuse injuries.
He fired Mick Durham, citing a need for better performance, then replaced him twice with coaches who did worse.
Kramer was an embarrassing hire for fields.
The financing of MSU'S facilities turned out to be much longer than anything previously allowed by a state University. That's bad, given that UM pays off its improvements in years, not decades thanks to strong private donations.
Fields should have been fired with Kramer.

The financing of MSU's facilities was undertaken before Fields arrived. He was the one that straightened that out and got the financials on the right footing. The financing of the end zone a few years ago went very smoothly.

FROM PREVIOUS THREAD REGARDING PETER FIELDS
Griz90 said:
I came away from that MSU presser where they fired Ash wholly underwhelmed with Peter Fields as their Athletic Director. In my earlier years I spent countless hours covering press conferences not at all different than that one and if I was a bobcat booster I would be calling for a change at the top of the department, not just the football program. MSU has an impressive President leading their institution but their AD leaves much to be desired. In fact, I would have fired Fields years ago after the Kramer debacle. I think we should all thank our lucky stars we have Bob Stitt and Kent Haslam running our programs. And if you throw the Men's and Women's Basketball programs into the mix the Griz have a stellar cadre of leaders...in athletics. And as disappointed with President Engstrom as I know many on eGriz are, at least he made a good hire with Haslam, who in turn made two great hires with Stitt and DeCuire. And, again, the Champions Center is a game changer for us. The UM Athletic Department is in good hands and heading in the right direction.

Well he's finally gone. It's about time and good for MSU. As much as I love to hate on lil bro I also yearn for a strong Big Sky Conference and UM and MSU put the Big Sky in the Big Sky. Without us, what else is there, really? A stronger MSU improves the rivalry and improves the conference.

Spanky said:

Hell, they already hired half of the state's NAIA head football coaches....

Ash is actively contacting boosters for their support for his application for the AD job. You can't make this stuff up.

Ted Dawson (Bozeman sports guy) finally said something I didn't shake my head at on news tonight.....MSU boosters are tired of UM giving them crap about football and basketball.

Griz envy has reached Cruzado's office!!!

SACCAT66 said:
My point is, we had the Academic Center and the new locker rooms already (before you) We should have had the East bleachers done as well, but we didn't win enough to get it knocked out. Nothing to do with you guys.
Those "new" locker rooms kind of snuck in under the radar.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/630078221053132800[/tweet]

Ursus1 said:
Ted Dawson (Bozeman sports guy) finally said something I didn't shake my head at on news tonight.....MSU boosters are tired of UM giving them crap about football and basketball.

Griz envy has reached Cruzado's office!!!

Big Head Ted! Such a cat homer.

EverettGriz said:
Spanky said:

This simply makes too much sense.

54781312.jpg

Apparently, this is MSU's Athletic Academic Center.

img20131120114605.jpg

Seriously, it is virtually impossible to find actual pictures of the thing. I think its a couple of offices in the Fieldhouse, mostly used to arrange tutors.

With all the problems UM is having financially, declining enrollment, etc., you're fucking lucky you're not a juco next year. The amount of delusion on this board almost requires lithium to read it.

I am reading that "Leadership" poster hanging in the locker room.

Good grief.

No wonder the 'Cats had a losing season walking past that thing every day.

No wonder Fields got the axe.

LTCF, no smack intended. Give me some examples of what Griz fans are delusional about when it comes to ACTUAUL football? Last I checked, this is a FOOTBALL fan forum. This message board, as far as I know, was not intended to be a forum for the following: UM academia, enrollment, non-athletic student recruitment, UM's non-athletic budget and subsequent issues with it, any decisions made by the Montana B.O.R. not related to athletics, or any other non-football/athletic related issues on campus. Don't get me wrong, those are all very important issues to those of us who care deeply about the University of Montana, and the state of Montana, BUT, I don't think those issues have anything to do with why Chris started this venture we know as Egriz.

So, in keeping with the actual intent of which this board was created, I ask you, what exactly are posters on here delusional about now?

Guys, I've always harbored a specific curiosity in regards to Mr. A.D. It's that purple booze nose that he has hand crafted so well. My question is bourbon or scotch?... :egriz:

Cut him some slack hav. The only activity that's not state controlled over on st.ag.nation, are the adsense & bing bots, vim & LTCF. Man's bored. Comes here, sprays & leaves.

Back