• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gregorak throwing some shade on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish I knew where all this lack of class comes from. Was Ty ever exposed to this type of childish rhetoric by a boss or mentor of some kind? I just keep racking my brain on this one.

Wow! There's some serious over reaction to a fairly innocuous tweet. A shrinking institution with Little School Syndrome? Almost Trumpian in it's revealed insecurities.

Fat Bruno said:
Wow! There's some serious over reaction to a fairly innocuous tweet. A shrinking institution with Little School Syndrome? Almost Trumpian in it's revealed insecurities.

IMHO the reactions have nothing to do with insecurity. It is the unnecessary attack on the pride the University constituency has in its past and present. After an initial shock and backlash in December 2015, I don't think anyone really gives a shit that Gregorak is with the Cats now.These Trumpian tweets he puts out on occasion are more an example of insecurity than are the responses.

Ursa Major said:
I just wish I knew where all this lack of class comes from. Was Ty ever exposed to this type of childish rhetoric by a boss or mentor of some kind? I just keep racking my brain on this one.
Have you ever seen Jeff Choate on tv before? I know exactly where he gets it from . :mrgreen:

I think it's great. Go ahead coach just keep popping off... every stupid statement you make just makes it easier to kick your ass in the fall.

BTW... cat fans are the most two faced group in America. They bitched and moaned every time Hauck gave them crap and called him an asshole, jerk, dbag and now when gregorack does this it's the coolest thing ever...

Griz til I die said:
wbtfg said:
Crazy to think that MSU is now 50% bigger than UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad you guys are gonna cap your enrollment and all the kids are gonna come to UM because of it.

Not a huge fan of the tweet.......but currently the enrollment at MSU is predicted to reach the 25,000 range within next 10 years and possibly sooner. A ton of room to keep growing/expanding. The major tech companies have moved in which will only keep pumping in more opportunities for current and future majors/programs at MSU for the foreseeable future. MSU "the school" is dominating right now. However, the athletic programs still have a ways to go in establishing consistent long-term success. But the arrow is definitely pointed in the right direction...and no, not just because of a 4-7 season for the football program in 2016. :roll:

1Griz_Fan said:
I for one was glad to see him leave UM and was embarrassed the Griz ever hired him after his criminal act. He may have weaseled his way out of prison time or a criminal record, (which he deserves) however he can never escape his own stupidity and drunken criminal acts. FU Gregorak I cannot wait til you get yours and trust me you will.

UNLV assistant coach Ty Gregorak arrested in Colorado

Former Colorado linebacker allegedly intoxicated during incident outside of strip club

By Ray Brewer (contact), Ryan Greene

Published Friday, May 7, 2010 | 3:57 p.m.

Updated Friday, May 7, 2010 | 5:53 p.m.

Click to enlarge photo
UNLV ATHLETICS

UNLV linebackers coach Ty Gregorak

Related Document (.pdf)
[emoji828]Download the arrest report
[emoji828]All Sun UNLV football coverage

First-year UNLV assistant football coach Ty Gregorak was arrested in Boulder, Colo., after an incident last week outside of a strip club.

Gregorak, 31, was turned away this past weekend from the Nitro Club — located in the downtown Pearl Street Mall — by bouncer Joseph Benedetto after he determined Gregorak was too intoxicated to enter, according to Boulder police.

According to Gregorak's Denver-based attorney, David Beller, Benedetto said that he contacted Gregorak while walking in an alley next to the club rather than trying to enter it.

A police report obtained by the Sun states that Gregorak then walked to a nearby parking garage and approached Benedetto's Nissan Sentra, removing the man's wallet from the center console and a loaded .45-caliber Glock 36 handgun from the glove compartment.

Police said that on Saturday, Benedetto was awaken at home by "persistent knocking" and opened his door, finding Gregorak standing there. He said he recognized Gregorak from the night before.

Benedetto said Gregorak was apologetic while returning the gun and wallet, the report indicated.

"I'm sorry," Gregorak was quoted as saying in the report. "Last night I was really drunk. I'm not from here. I'm in town visiting friends. I don't do these kind of things."

According to the report, Benedetto and Gregorak shook hands, then Benedetto followed him in his car far enough to get down a license plate number from the rental car Gregorak was driving. Police then tracked it to identify Gregorak as the driver.

The report also indicates that Gregorak had a Montana license that was revoked for driving while impaired on March 19.

Gregorak told police he had no memory of meeting Benedetto at the Nitro Club or going into the bouncer's car. A former linebacker at Colorado from 1997-99, Gregorak said he was bar-hopping with friends and the last thing he remembered was going to the Lazy Dog on Pearl Street and another "dive bar."

"Mr. Gregorak stated that he woke up at his hotel and he saw the gun and Mr. Benedetto's other belongings," the police report stated. "He was unsure how he ended up with them."

As for how or whether Gregorak knew that the car in the garage belonged to the bouncer, neither man was able to explain. Benedetto told police the car was locked, and police found no signs of forced entry.

Gregorak turned himself in to Boulder police on Tuesday and was booked. He is free on a $2,500 bond.

He is charged with first-degree trespassing and a prohibited weapons possession, due to his state of intoxication. Formal charges are expected to be filed by prosecutors next week.

A call from the Sun to Gregorak on Friday afternoon wasn't immediately returned.

Gregorak was one of several assistants to come to UNLV from Montana along with new head coach Bobby Hauck, who replaced Mike Sanford this offseason following Sanford's five-year tenure.

He was with the Grizzlies' staff for the past six years, coaching linebackers and serving as the program's recruiting coordinator. He holds those same titles with the Rebels.

"Ty Gregorak has led an exemplary and successful life as a wonderful role model and mentor to countless students and fans alike," Beller said in an e-mail to the Sun. " He is ashamed that an innocent night out has led to allegations which bring him, his family, and the University embarrassment. He is looking forward to continuing to cooperate fully with the investigation, putting the matter behind him, and continuing his distinguished career."

UNLV athletic director Jim Livengood said in a statement the school is aware of the situation.

"The University and athletics department have been conducting an internal and thorough investigation regarding the pending allegations," Livengood said. "It would be premature and inappropriate to comment any further until this matter has been reviewed and resolved."

You should just posts these links to his twitter comment hopefully future recruits considering MSU get a good look at it.

VimSince03 said:
Griz til I die said:
wbtfg said:

Too bad you guys are gonna cap your enrollment and all the kids are gonna come to UM because of it.

Not a huge fan of the tweet.......but currently the enrollment at MSU is predicted to reach the 25,000 range within next 10 years and possibly sooner. A ton of room to keep growing/expanding. The major tech companies have moved in which will only keep pumping in more opportunities for current and future majors/programs at MSU for the foreseeable future. MSU "the school" is dominating right now. However, the athletic programs still have a ways to go in establishing consistent long-term success. But the arrow is definitely pointed in the right direction...and no, not just because of a 4-7 season for the football program in 2016. :roll:

One day people will need to read and write above the college level and the U is where they will go.

Hey expand ? around the beautiful lagoon ?

fanofzoo said:
VimSince03 said:
Griz til I die said:
wbtfg said:

One day people will need to read and write above the college level and the U is where they will go.

They are going to the University of Miami to read and write?

giphy.gif

VimSince03 said:
fanofzoo said:
VimSince03 said:
Griz til I die said:

They are going to the University of Miami to read and write?

giphy.gif

Nice try but falls way short, no not you---- but maybe.

mtgriz said:
Fat Bruno said:

IMHO the reactions have nothing to do with insecurity. It is the unnecessary attack on the pride the University constituency has in its past and present. After an initial shock and backlash in December 2015, I don't think anyone really gives a shit that Gregorak is with the Cats now.These Trumpian tweets he puts out on occasion are more an example of insecurity than are the responses.

A defensive statement signifying more insecurity. His "viscious" tweet was nothing. The response is insanely out of proportion. And, why would he be feeling insecure after kicking our ass? He's understandably a little pissed after being fired. Anyone might take a minor shot like that. Amazing how after all the Griz successes y'all still have inadequacy syndrome so bad. And, I really love all that belated righteousness over his high "crimes." Odd how that was suppressed while he was here.

Fat Bruno said:
mtgriz said:
Fat Bruno said:

A defensive statement signifying more insecurity. His "viscious" tweet was nothing. The response is insanely out of proportion. And, why would he be feeling insecure after kicking our ass? He's understandably a little pissed after being fired. Anyone might take a minor shot like that. Amazing how after all the Griz successes y'all still have inadequacy syndrome so bad. And, I really love all that belated righteousness over his high "crimes." Odd how that was suppressed while he was here.

I never criticized him for his high crimes when he was at the U of M. Mainly because he was not convicted and he is innocent until proven guilty. I did not like the attitude that BH had many times. Seemed petty and classless. This falls in line with that mentality and makes him look like a foolish schoolboy who is still angry because he got canned. The difference between BH and TG is winning and being a head coach. Hauck was damn successful and was in the drivers seat. TG not so much. He should shut the hell up and worry more about winning more than four games. Winning the BSC and advancing the program that is MSU. This is just stupid banter quite frankly. If I am an AD I look at his overall level of maturity, I would not consider hiring him as a head coach. The guy puts himself in bad positions and his persona screams - bad judgement. I understand being competitive and wanting to win. This sh*t is just stupid, unnecessary and tough to overcome if you lose to the Griz in the future. His wife or someone close to the situation should talk to him about using his head and portraying the image of a head coach. I believe that is what he wants to be? Start acting the part.

VimSince03 said:
Griz til I die said:
wbtfg said:

MSU is a good school. What I meant was that MSU is having trouble keeping up with housing and the mayor of Bozeman said they need to start finding ways to keep up with housing, and if they couldn't they were going to cap the enrollment. I will admit that UM is struggling, but our enrollment can't drop forever.

Fat Bruno said:
mtgriz said:
Fat Bruno said:

Ty took a shot across the Griz bow. By definition he is on the offensive. So any reply by definition is defensive. Better to defend oneself than to just take it. My reply to his tweet was "Lux Et Veritas!", which was a declaration of pride in my school as my defense, rather than a juvenile shot back at his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back