• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gregorak

Holy Fu(|< PHX. You truly are an idiot. Pretty obvious which side of the ball showed up today. If the O holds their own then the griz win. Gregorak is coaching damn good this year.

PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
RABIDAWG said:
In spite of the yearly excuses of a young, inexperienced O-line, maybe JJ isn't as good as you all seem to believe. Doesn't run like he used to (coaching issue?), and seems to ignore open receivers in favor of predetermined covered receivers. It's a given that the his view is very different on the field, but I'm worried that this is not going to get that much better. I hate to admit this, but the damn Cats looked pretty good today. Pretty sick offense right now.

So you watched the Cat game instead of the Griz game? JJ played well today.

:lol: By what measure? He barely completed 50% of his throws, didn't sniff 200 yards, and lobbed up an embarrassing number of jump balls (one of which wound up being a critical INT in the end zone)! You need to pull your head out of your ass.

What game were you watching. JJ was very good. Made alot of plays. Was under considerable pressure. Avoided any sacks. Didn't lob up a bunch of jump balls. Made mostly good decisions.

JJ was not good. His day was defined by bad decision making. How 'bout that right side option that he handed off to Canada, which probably would've been 6 if he'd run it himself? Avoided sacks? Ha! He did so by lobbing up jump balls whenever a Bison was within 3 yds. of him!
His stat line: 15/29, 188 yds., 1 INT (in the end zone). If this is your definition of "very good", it's gonna be a long damn season...

The defense survived today, hung on by a thread and gave the Griz a chance to win. But allowing 280 yards rushing, 5.1 yards per attempt, is not a great defensive effort. The offense was outmatched for a majority of the game. The 22-10 score was probably the best the Griz could hope for today, because it could have been worse.

Today the better team won.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
:lol: By what measure? He barely completed 50% of his throws, didn't sniff 200 yards, and lobbed up an embarrassing number of jump balls (one of which wound up being a critical INT in the end zone)! You need to pull your head out of your ass.

JJ played fairly well considering he spent so many pass plays on his ass or being chased around. If it wasn't for him being a very shifty QB he probably would have been sacked 5 or 6 times today.

10 QB hurries today by NDSU... Even look at sacks and QB hurries in NDSU's other 3 games the highest number is 6 vs Weber.

No QB is going to put up awesome numbers when the defense often doesn't even look like anyone's blocking them. At one point the announcers thought one of the plays was a screen pass because so many people came unblocked in to kick JJ's ass. It wasn't a screen pass...

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:

What game were you watching. JJ was very good. Made alot of plays. Was under considerable pressure. Avoided any sacks. Didn't lob up a bunch of jump balls. Made mostly good decisions.

JJ was not good. His day was defined by bad decision making. How 'bout that right side option that he handed off to Canada, which probably would've been 6 if he'd run it himself? Avoided sacks? Ha! He did so by lobbing up jump balls whenever a Bison was within 3 yds. of him!
His stat line: 15/29, 188 yds., 1 INT (in the end zone). If this is your definition of "very good", it's gonna be a long damn season...

Hold on CEH. In a few hours will be hearing how great the OL played.....

Potomac Griz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

JJ played fairly well considering he spent so many pass plays on his ass or being chased around. If it wasn't for him being a very shifty QB he probably would have been sacked 5 or 6 times today.

10 QB hurries today by NDSU... Even look at sacks and QB hurries in NDSU's other 3 games the highest number is 6 vs Weber.

No QB is going to put up awesome numbers when the defense often doesn't even look like anyone's blocking them. At one point the announcers thought one of the plays was a screen pass because so many people came unblocked in to kick JJ's ass. It wasn't a screen pass...

At some point, you JJ sycophants are going to have to wake up. Is he suffering behind a young O-line? Yes. But here's the truth: JJ defaults to his hot read WAY too soon on most plays, and it's laughably transparent to the opposition (not to mention anyone who's ever played the game).
There's enough blame to go around here, no doubt. But a fair amount of it is on JJ. Deal with it.

CV Griz Fan said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

:lol:

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
447 yards (280 rushing) allowed against one of "the best" defensive fronts in the nation.

We won't talk about his failings last year.

Guy is bailed out by quality players.

I have said it from the start. Fire that guy.

Our defense was very good today. Gave up 1 TD. You don't have a clue. Obviously, never have stepped on a football field. Congrats to Gregorak and the D. Huge game, especially give the lack of offense much of the game.

Yeah 447 is great. I don't put any blame on the players, for they are all studs. The blame is on Gregorak.

And you. Go back to living in the past believing playing for Dartmouth meant anything. You a pro now? Shut up then!

It's the points and TD's, not the yards given up. Red zone defense is a very important part of football. I both played the game and understand it. You are absent on both counts. By the way, my team's defense gave up 4.2 points per game my junior year, and shut out 2/3 of the teams we played. Players from that defense were drafted by the NFL and played in 5 post-season bowl games, including the East-West Shrine game, Hula Bowl, and Coaches All-American game. One of them is now in the college football hall of fame. One of them was the Sports Illustrated national defensive player of the week. Team ended the season 14th in the nation and won the Lambert Trophy for being the best team in the east (over Penn St, Syracuse, BC, etc.). The team had articles done on it in Sports Illustrated, at the time as well 15 or so years later. Some have said that team was the best in Ivy league history.

Yes Red Zone defense is important but NDSU had almost 40 minutes in TOP. With that kind of dominance, scoring FGs and not TDs becomes almost irrelevant. TOP by NDSU was the biggest
Stat of the game. Very impressive IMO.

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Our defense was very good today. Gave up 1 TD. You don't have a clue. Obviously, never have stepped on a football field. Congrats to Gregorak and the D. Huge game, especially give the lack of offense much of the game.

Yeah 447 is great. I don't put any blame on the players, for they are all studs. The blame is on Gregorak.

And you. Go back to living in the past believing playing for Dartmouth meant anything. You a pro now? Shut up then!

It's the points and TD's, not the yards given up. Red zone defense is a very important part of football. I both played the game and understand it. You are absent on both counts. By the way, my team's defense gave up 4.2 points per game my junior year, and shut out 2/3 of the teams we played. Players from that defense were drafted by the NFL and played in 5 post-season bowl games, including the East-West Shrine game, Hula Bowl, and Coaches All-American game. One of them is now in the college football hall of fame. One of them was the Sports Illustrated national defensive player of the week. Team ended the season 14th in the nation and won the Lambert Trophy for being the best team in the east (over Penn St, Syracuse, BC, etc.). The team had articles done on it in Sports Illustrated, at the time as well 15 or so years later. Some have said that team was the best in Ivy league history.

Yes Red Zone defense is important but NDSU had almost 40 minutes in TOP. With that kind of dominance, scoring FGs and not TDs becomes almost irrelevant. TOP by NDSU was the biggest
Stat of the game. Very impressive IMO.

Good thing TOP isn't posted on the scoreboard. Remind me again how long our TD drive took?

Thurman Murman said:
Holy Fu(|< PHX. You truly are an idiot. Pretty obvious which side of the ball showed up today. If the O holds their own then the griz win. Gregorak is coaching damn good this year.

Go away. I already stated the players are awesome, the coordinator sucks.

How about you look up the yardage we gave up last year to teams with a winning record and you report your findings here?

You got nothing.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Potomac Griz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

JJ defaults to his hot read WAY too soon on most plays

Do you think that might be because he gets about a second before he's being chased out of the pocket or blindsided by a mostly unblocked DE?

I'm not saying JJ has been perfect, just that you cant expect a QB to put up amazing numbers when the OLine's blocking resembles a screen pass on too many regular passing plays and struggles to open any holes for the running game as well.

What it really boils down to in my opinion is the coaching staff isn't putting JJ and the OLine in the type of situations where they can be very successful. See mtgrizrule's post on that though... this post is for bitching about Gregorak and has already been hijacked :p

PhxGriz said:
Oh, I get it. I also get the NDSU announcers were even asking why Montana didn't change their strategy. The whole staff sucks.
Wow if the announcers said it it MUST be true

clawman said:
PhxGriz said:
Oh, I get it. I also get the NDSU announcers were even asking why Montana didn't change their strategy. The whole staff sucks.
Wow if the announcers said it it MUST be true

The announcers also said EWU's bad defense is proof they won't win a title this year, and then scoffed that they gave up so many points to MSU.

Seriously, I know that reeks of smack, but they said that with a few minutes left in the game and got an update on the EWU score.

Dannyboy03867 said:
PlayerRep said:
zirge said:
Dannyboy03867 said:
This is a little off the subject here, but is it just me or does it seem like our linebackers shoot to a spot at times almost hoping to guess where the RB is going to cut rather than keeping their eyes on them and then exploding through RB. I see Kose do this frequently and take horrible angles at times. I'm not trying to badmouth the LB play as I know they are young and are already developing into very good players. Watching the NDSU defense is fun. Every defensive player is always in their gap and gets off their blocks. The sky is not falling in IMHO Fellow Griz fans :thumb:

he is a good tackler, did see him over pursue a few times today instead of holding the gap. i.e. lots of possession (time and first downs) up the middle today.....Kose is the middle lb.

ndsu is a well oil machine against a tough defense and to watch their pursuit, gap coverage and stunts on d today was quite impressive as well........hurt jj though

Huh? The linebackers were our 3 leading tacklers today. Kose had 16, including 10 solo.
As my post says PR, I'm not trying to knock the LB play I'm simply stating something I seem to be seeing from game to game this year. I'm not talking about every play and from the inexperience our LB core has I expect mistakes to happen on occasion. It was an observation and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. When it happens it is allowing the opossing player to gain a nice chunk of yardage because they leave there gap. Not trying to get in a pissing match. You need to seriously step away from this website and chill out. I've been reading this board for years but it's people like you that want to argue about every little thing that keeps people like me from posting on this site. Damn near every thread on here your trying to express how right you are and how wrong everyone else is. It's sad. I will continue to read this site from the background :roll:

Thin-skinned and dumbass posters like yourself probably shouldn't post on the board. Don't be a baby. It's sad that you post the stuff you do, and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:

JJ was very good today and made good decisions. I agree with you on that one play. He didn't throw jump balls. What game were you watching? Do you not understand who was running the offense on the field?

grizindabox said:
The defense survived today, hung on by a thread and gave the Griz a chance to win. But allowing 280 yards rushing, 5.1 yards per attempt, is not a great defensive effort. The offense was outmatched for a majority of the game. The 22-10 score was probably the best the Griz could hope for today, because it could have been worse.

Today the better team won.

The defense had a terrific performance today. Wake up. Do you not understand the game of football? You are dumb about football beyond belief.

CV Griz Fan said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Don't be a dumbass.

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
PhxGriz said:
447 yards allowed against one of "the best" defensive fronts in the nation.

We won't talk about his failings last year.

Guy is bailed out by quality players.

Our D is what kept us in the game. Period. When we made them settle for field goals in the first half, that was our offenses chance to do something about it. You've picked the wrong thing to bitch about. Yards don't tell the whole story.

Did I not say our D bailed him out? Are you telling me his whole plan was to allow NDSU to keep our D on the field all game only to stiffen at the goal? REALLY?

Are you so football-challenged that you don't understand that a major factor in having the defense on the field is the lack of offense?
The other major factor is the defense not being able to get off the field.

PhxGriz said:
Thurman Murman said:

Go away. I already stated the players are awesome, the coordinator sucks.

How about you look up the yardage we gave up last year to teams with a winning record and you report your findings here?

You got nothing.

No, you go away. You don't have a clue. You got nothing, Mr. 6 man football. What a joke you are.

Back