• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen transferring

Heard some chatter about this the last few weeks. It boils down to Sneed is Bobby's guy, and after going through Spring ball, Gresch saw the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere that he will be the guy. I can't fault him for that in the least. This is just another case where a new coaching staff comes in with plans and some kids leave that don't feel like they fit. Sure it sucks, but people will just have to get over it.

grizcountry420 said:
Some of you need to apply this...

butthurtcream-1024x423.jpg

LOL that would be a big seller I imagine.

I wish Gresch nothing but the best, but I have ZERO doubt whatsoever that our coaches are better talent evaluators than the people on this or any other board.

The staff knows that their futures are tied to how well the team does, they wouldn't sink the ship just to have "their" guy at QB1.

AZGrizFan said:
info said:
Gresch would lose a year transferring to FBS or FCS. He wants to play. Look for a D 2 or NAIA. Carroll college? What a waste. 😟

Southern Oregon. Or whichever D-2 Oregon school that always puts up great numbers...

He would be better off going to a JC for a year...

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
info said:
Gresch would lose a year transferring to FBS or FCS. He wants to play. Look for a D 2 or NAIA. Carroll college? What a waste. 😟

Southern Oregon. Or whichever D-2 Oregon school that always puts up great numbers...

That’s another route he may take.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
This is exactly what I feared if the Cult of Hauck/Big Money Boosters got their way...

The last re-building effort was HUGE and it was just starting to show the proverbial "green shoots." Rather than let them grow and nurture them, they were stomped on and thrown out because we had to win now.

How does this make the team better off? How does this make a Big Sky or national championship MORE likely over the next three seasons?

It doesn't.

Hauck just let all of the chemistry that was built over the last few years walk out of the Champions Center. All that trial by fire experience from last season is now gone.

But he was one of Stitt's guys. So who cares if he was poised to re-write the record books, right?

It'll be much more enjoyable enduring year one of Hauck's rebuilding phase than watching last year's team take the next step in year three.

I feel terrible for the kids on this team. I sincerely hope they can finish above .500 on the season. That's a tremendous challenge with the QB situation being what it is, now.

The o-line is very young and lacking depth themselves. The team will need depth at QB, but even a big-time drop down isn't going to be able to get that experience and those relationships back.

The relationships that were formed as those went through the hardships they experienced over the last couple seasons cannot be replaced.

Would've been nice to be able to keep Nate Dick around. Or not lose Matt Robinson.

Ah well. At least we have a bonafide "Montana Guy" as the head coach now. You know, someone who "really understands Montana football" - whatever the heck that means.

And hey, maybe Hauck has yet another relative he can put on scholarship.

At least now we can look forward to Coulter and his JV outfit crying on Twitter everyone time someone doesn't credit their rag or breaking the story...

Happy F***'N Monday

wow dude, don't go walking off any bridges. enough of the doom and gloom. i have confidence bobby knows what he's doing. It's not like bobby asked him to leave. the kid decided on his own. sheesh

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Montana QB Jensen granted transfer release
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-qb-jensen-granted-transfer-release/

The starter for Montana’s season opener on September 1 against Northern Iowa will be the sixth different starting quarterback for the Grizzlies since the beginning of the 2016 season, joining Brady Gustafson, Chad Chalich, Reese Phillips, Simis and Jensen.

Sweet JESUS...that makes it difficult to win games.

AZGrizFan said:
info said:

Typically he would spend one year at a JuCo at this point. Leaves 2 to play 2 at any level he chooses, and I would reasonable expect FBS offers. I had this kid in the same category as Cookus.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
info said:

That was my thought as well. Doesn't miss a year and can go right back and play at a higher level.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
This is exactly what I feared if the Cult of Hauck/Big Money Boosters got their way...

The last re-building effort was HUGE and it was just starting to show the proverbial "green shoots." Rather than let them grow and nurture them, they were stomped on and thrown out because we had to win now.

How does this make the team better off? How does this make a Big Sky or national championship MORE likely over the next three seasons?

It doesn't.

Hauck just let all of the chemistry that was built over the last few years walk out of the Champions Center. All that trial by fire experience from last season is now gone.

But he was one of Stitt's guys. So who cares if he was poised to re-write the record books, right?

It'll be much more enjoyable enduring year one of Hauck's rebuilding phase than watching last year's team take the next step in year three.

I feel terrible for the kids on this team. I sincerely hope they can finish above .500 on the season. That's a tremendous challenge with the QB situation being what it is, now.

The o-line is very young and lacking depth themselves. The team will need depth at QB, but even a big-time drop down isn't going to be able to get that experience and those relationships back.

The relationships that were formed as those went through the hardships they experienced over the last couple seasons cannot be replaced.

Would've been nice to be able to keep Nate Dick around. Or not lose Matt Robinson.

Ah well. At least we have a bonafide "Montana Guy" as the head coach now. You know, someone who "really understands Montana football" - whatever the heck that means.

At least now we can look forward to Coulter and his JV outfit crying on Twitter everyone time someone doesn't credit their rag or breaking the story...

Happy F***'N Monday

Come on dude. Those "green shoots" you were referencing-what exactly are those? Because it sure as heck wasn't even a competitive defense-nor was it a team capable of competing for Big Sky Championships.

That young/depth lacking o-line that you referenced was 100% a byproduct of that idiot stitthead was WAAAYY out of his league in the FCS.

Bobby and his coaches aren't tying their careers to a QB just because he is "their guy"-don't be naive. That's like saying the pilot is intentionally crashing the plane because the head stewardess wasn't hand picked.

MiningCityGrizFan said:

It doesn't.

Happy F***'N Monday
Yep, on every point... :clap:

griz71 said:
To say this is EXTREMELY disappointing is an understatement. Gresch is a terrific young man and ABSOLUTE best of fortunes wherever he goes----just hopefully not in the Big Sky. Stunning all around and our QB position is obviously depth challenged and shaky now. Probably the worst position change for Griz football in recent memory. :(

+1

Now it makes a lot sense why the coaches are recruiting Kare Lyles the Wisconsin Badger QB transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griz5700 said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Sneed is the better player.

So now who's #2? Caleb Hill? Tanner Wilson?

The position is now officially razor thin.

It is thin but it is only April, and the Griz have a great QB1 in Sneed.

Sneed is QB1, but I still don't see him being in the top 3-4 QB's in the BSC. I am not saying that Gresch was.......my point is, I don't see "great" when I see Sneed.

AZGrizFan said:
info said:

GJ has proven himself at the FCS level. Why in the hell would he drop all the way to NAIA? Carroll? Seriously? He's from Auburn, WA. I'm a Bobby Hauck guy, but this makes me doubt myself. Now, he'll have to succeed immediately, without all the tools he needs.The GJ-Sneed tandem would have been awesome, keeping any opponent on their heels. Thought this was just another BS post by one of the handful who bother posting such shit. This is nauseating.

rgrizfan said:
uofmman1122 said:
What a f***[*] joke.

The most promising QB talent we’ve had in years.

Way to go, staff.

+1

+1000

Well fuck...He's a better QB than Sneed IMO and this is a serious set back for the team. Hopefully Hauck doesn't bring in anymore Overthropers. I'm incredibly disappointed Gresch is leaving but with him the best wherever he lands. If he lands in the Big Sigh I'll laugh when his team kicks our ass.

Sometimes when you have an ego the size of Mt. Sentinel, it gets in the way of good coaching decisions.

If you believe Jensen was a product of the system QB, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for you.

Back