• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at NAU Predictions

I foresee a lot of scoring in this one, but it may come down to the fact that NAU has one of the worst red-zone defenses in all of FCS, and the Griz have the best. If we can score TDs and give up FGs, we'll be fine.

Stitt: 40
Souers: 30

Cookus won't play. Without him they are only a decent team. Griz are rolling. Imagine if JLM had been playing the last two weeks? Griz are gonna roll, I'll say 42-21

If Cookus plays it will stay fairly competitive, like 30-23...if not it will get ugly 45-13.

If any of you have watched NAU play thats all U need to know. The new QB is throwing well and getting a quick release on the ball with so so results. He will be tough for us to get lots of sacks...but we get him anyway and we do very well. I am thinking NAU 18 Points and our Griz hit around 39 when the fat lady sings.

I know we're down our starting QB and half a dozen starters, but I'm going with Jacks 35 Griz 31. Tall task this week but maybe the guys come in just as over confident as this board in general is.

NAUJacksFan said:
I know we're down our starting QB and half a dozen starters, but I'm going with Jacks 35 Griz 31. Tall task this week but maybe the guys come in just as over confident as this board in general is.
I guess we will find out who was more optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict we will start slow in the sky dome with a slower than we'd like 1st half.

End of 1st quarter:
NAU up 14-3

Halftime:
NAU 14-13

3rd quarter Brady starts picking apart the NAU secondary like a surgeon and Griz D locks it down
End of 3rd:
Montana 27-14

4th quarter we have the NAU D gassed
Final:
41-17
Griz

Also predict we make every extra point

NAUJacksFan said:

So tell us about the Jacks. How is the back up QB coming along? Who should we look for on offense and defense?
I saw a little Nau vs Isu game. No.8 is a beast, and your defense seemed to abuse the Isu qb.
What are the keys to a NAU victory in your opinion?

brewskis said:
NAUJacksFan said:

No cupcake here, Griz will have to earn it old school. NAU always tough at 7000 feet, expect a close one.......

I believe it will be a tough game, on the road, elevation, NAU has had a rough year, when they are playing good, they are tough. Turnovers and key penalties will be huge in this game in my opinion. I watched the first half of their game against ISU, ISU had lots of turnovers, blocked punt, game NAU a short field a lot when I was watching, pretty much killed themselves in the first half.

First, No Arizona seems to always get up for the Grizzlies. Second, NAU always seems to play best at home. Third, our last two games may have skewed our perspective but they were versus two very poor teams. So I'm expecting a much closer game than most of you. I do believe our offense is finally on track and suspect we may really need that (no repeat of No. Iowa games).

Outcome should be something like 34 to 28 Montana win. Go Griz!

With all of this said on this thread I still think we will roll. We have that swagger back, their defense isn't that good, their secondary is young and will get exposed. Our run game is scary good right now which will open up the rest of the field. Our defense is playing lights out, they are without Cookus. Granted their backup is playing better and better, our defense is #1 in a lot of categories in BSC and defense wins championships. Semore will have another brilliant game at DC and another great scheme in place to stop NAU. Our secondary has been playing very good ball lately AND their #2 receiver is also out with injury. Key on and/or double team their #1 receiver, stay stout in the running game, rotate players so the elevation doesn't effect us too much, keep the offense rolling and test their porous secondary early and often. I think the only thing we really need to worry about is that they have a stout D line that can rush the passer. It seems like every time Gus gets hit he is coughing up the ball. If our O line can continue to improve and Gus gets the ball out early, we keep moving the chains and rack up plays, their D line will be gassed by the end of the game. Griz win big, 41-27

Oh and JR Nelson is back as well as JLM. All is well at griznation.

brewskis said:
NAUJacksFan said:

Or Realistic.

Back