• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz LB Strahm arrested for DUI

ordigger said:
cclarkblues said:
So after reading some of PR's arguments about texting while driving I think he is right. I don't want my wife and kids endangers by some mothertexter who isn't intelligent enough to know the king's English much less being able to text and drive. Besides, most of the folks I see doing it look like low-grade morons anyway. Either that or folks that think that the laws don't apply to them. (It's illegal in Billings, don't know about Missoula.)

In light of those sobering statistics I think the penalties for using a phone while driving should be the same for DUI, heavy fines, maybe a night in jail. It should have an effect on your insurance and the ability to keep your license. The commercials say a DUI ends up costing around $10,000. A lot of accidents are caused by morons on the phone so the penalties should be the same as DUI. Rock on PR.

No eating or drinking in the car soon either. To distracting. And don't forget talking, eventually that too will be to distracting. As a matter fact, just get rid of all the passengers, and no music...we can't have you singing along with the tunes. Pets? Nope.....they need to be tied to the roof. No preening yourself either, so that upcoming date, well since she is distracting, you don't need to smell good anyway.

Time to come into the future Oredigger...

Texting and driving should be illegal and heavily fined.... Living in Dallas i literally see multiple wrecks a day due to texting and driving.

No asshat should be able to get away with putting my life or my family's lives in danger just for a freaking personal text for some bullshit in their lives.

I think its hard for people living in states like Montana to understand because its obvious..we have plenty of space and open roads...most get away with it, doesn't mean it should be legal.

They just made it Illegal in freaking TEXAS....if TEXAS is willing to take away personal freedoms for the greater safety of the community every where else damn sure should be doing it lol.

Texting while driving became a primary offense in Washington yesterday. A driver is not allowed to have any electronic devices in hand and any use hands free is limited to a single swipe, tap or voice. The law also makes eating, drinking, grooming, etc a secondary offense.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Texting while driving became a primary offense in Washington yesterday. A driver is not allowed to have any electronic devices in hand and any use hands free is limited to a single swipe, tap or voice. The law also makes eating, drinking, grooming, etc a secondary offense.

Of course that makes sense when I have my big drink, fries and burger in my lap and trying to drive.

Cell phone use has been proven to increase the chances of an accident by 75%.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

Texting and driving should be illegal and heavily fined.... Living in Dallas i literally see multiple wrecks a day due to texting and driving.

No asshat should be able to get away with putting my life or my family's lives in danger just for a freaking personal text for some bullshit in their lives.

I think its hard for people living in states like Montana to understand because its obvious..we have plenty of space and open roads...most get away with it, doesn't mean it should be legal.

They just made it Illegal in freaking TEXAS....if TEXAS is willing to take away personal freedoms for the greater safety of the community every where else damn sure should be doing it lol.

All well and good, but you can't legislate human nature. I am in Texas as well, and I still see hundreds of people on my daily commute who are talking on their phones, staring at their phones, and typing on their phones while driving.

Oh, and I also see personal grooming, eating, drinking, etc., etc.....people just do NOT think it's ever going to happen to them. I refer them to THIS story which happened in March about 50 miles from my house...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/31/witness-truck-driver-texas-crash-killed-13-texting/99888684/

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

All well and good, but you can't legislate human nature. I am in Texas as well, and I still see hundreds of people on my daily commute who are talking on their phones, staring at their phones, and typing on their phones while driving.

Oh, and I also see personal grooming, eating, drinking, etc., etc.....people just do NOT think it's ever going to happen to them. I refer them to THIS story which happened in March about 50 miles from my house...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/31/witness-truck-driver-texas-crash-killed-13-texting/99888684/

I agree...you cant change the majority of people..but you can slap them with a fine that teaches them a lesson.

HelenaHandBasket said:

It is illegal for the driver of a vehicle in Nevada to use a hand held electronic device. I wonder if those electronic cigarettes fall into that category.

could have tried this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheWorldOfFunny/status/889542051385225220[/tweet]

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I agree...you cant change the majority of people..but you can slap them with a fine that teaches them a lesson.

How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your life? If it's more than one, then the 1st one didn't teach you anything. :mrgreen:

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your life? If it's more than one, then the 1st one didn't teach you anything. :mrgreen:

If i had to pay 10k for it I would learn pretty quick... :D

grizfan406 said:
Phat Cat said:
That sucks. Just call Uber. It's cheap. I wish Uber was around when I was a kid. Would of saved me a lot of problems.

Yeah, no shit, Uber is super convenient. David Reese is an uber driver, could have called him.

Will Poehls sometimes drives for Lyft in Chicago when he gets bored during camps.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
cclarkblues said:
So after reading some of PR's arguments about texting while driving I think he is right. I don't want my wife and kids endangers by some mothertexter who isn't intelligent enough to know the king's English much less being able to text and drive. Besides, most of the folks I see doing it look like low-grade morons anyway. Either that or folks that think that the laws don't apply to them. (It's illegal in Billings, don't know about Missoula.)

In light of those sobering statistics I think the penalties for using a phone while driving should be the same for DUI, heavy fines, maybe a night in jail. It should have an effect on your insurance and the ability to keep your license. The commercials say a DUI ends up costing around $10,000. A lot of accidents are caused by morons on the phone so the penalties should be the same as DUI. Rock on PR.

No eating or drinking in the car soon either. To distracting. And don't forget talking, eventually that too will be to distracting. As a matter fact, just get rid of all the passengers, and no music...we can't have you singing along with the tunes. Pets? Nope.....they need to be tied to the roof. No preening yourself either, so that upcoming date, well since she is distracting, you don't need to smell good anyway.

I think you missed my sarcasm. I agree with everything you said. No one that drinks gets behind a wheel when I'm around....even one drink. And if you want to text then you can be the passenger.

The only law I have a problem with is the seat belt law. But that's an entire another issue. In my family, seat belts did not save lives.....they killed, twice in two different accidents.

If we can get to 17 pages mostly about texting, eating or grooming while driving, Strahm may be adequately punished.

kemajic said:
If we can get to 17 pages mostly about texting, eating or grooming while driving, Strahm may be adequately punished.

That would be punishment for us all

ordigger said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
cclarkblues said:

I think you missed my sarcasm. I agree with everything you said. No one that drinks gets behind a wheel when I'm around....even one drink. And if you want to text then you can be the passenger.

The only law I have a problem with is the seat belt law. But that's an entire another issue. In my family, seat belts did not save lives.....they killed, twice in two different accidents.

Well dont I feel like a monkeys uncle!

ordigger said:

That's what they call "anecdotal evidence". Seat belts save lives.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:

Yep..and sadly unless they had exact same accident without seat belts no one knows if there would have been a different outcome. Ordigger, Sorry for your loss regardless of seat belt argument.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:

In an effort to get this thread to 17 pages...I will say Seat belts are more of a choice. If you don't wear them, you are only increasing the risk of you being killed in a wreck. Texting, masturbating, drinking and driving, mooning people while driving because they are from Butte, and it is Homecoming at Bozeman high in the mid-90's...Those all effect others safety around you...Plus, it turns out those Butte kids don't play when you are preppies from Bozeman.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
Yep. Each answer below is referenced to a specific US DOT study:
CDC.gov said:
What is the impact of seat belt use?
  • Seat belts reduce serious crash-related injuries and deaths by about half.
  • Seat belts saved almost 14,000 lives in 2015.
  • Air bags provide added protection but are not a substitute for seat belts. Air bags plus seat belts provide the greatest protection for adults.
There may be tragic exceptions, but decades of study show that seat belts definitely save lives.

SACCAT66 said:
... In an effort to get this thread to 17 pages...I will say Seat belts are more of a choice. If you don't wear them, you are only increasing the risk of you being killed in a wreck. Texting, masturbating, drinking and driving, mooning people while driving because they are from Butte, and it is Homecoming at Bozeman high in the mid-90's...Those all effect others safety around you...Plus, it turns out those Butte kids don't play when you are preppies from Bozeman.
[Helping, towards more pages :) ]
Wearing a seat belt is indeed a personal choice, just like choosing to drink and drive. But, depending upon how strictly the laws are enforced, there are states where as many as a quarter of the drivers on the road do not wear them. Generally, it's more like about one in seven (stats from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). That number would hit 100% with one simple change: If you are injured in an accident and you were not wearing your seat belt, your insurance company can legally refuse to cover your hospital bills ... or at least cap how much they have to pay. If the accident was not your fault, the provision would apply to the other guy/gal's insurance company. (I am aware that quite a few people choose to drive without insurance -- generally "only" a misdemeanor -- but that's another topic.)

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:

In an effort to get this thread to 17 pages...I will say Seat belts are more of a choice. If you don't wear them, you are only increasing the risk of you being killed in a wreck. Texting, masturbating, drinking and driving, mooning people while driving because they are from Butte, and it is Homecoming at Bozeman high in the mid-90's...Those all effect others safety around you...Plus, it turns out those Butte kids don't play when you are preppies from Bozeman.

But is anyone else is in vehicle, your flying body could kill them. Small child won't do well against a 200 pound objet traveling 80 mph. "YOUR choice but maybe soneone else's life. Newtons laws will tell ya.

Plus I don't want my medical bills increased to pay for someone's medical care that doesn't have insurance and was hurt by not wearing seat belts

Back