• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Quarterback Situation

RBs and LBs are interchangeable.

TEs, WRs and QBs are also interchangeable...we're good, there are several WRs in the pool, just convert two WRs to QB.

Miami is using a WR at QB.

CDAGRIZ said:
reinell30 said:
If (When) Bobby finds a transfer/dropdown, what happens to Sneed? I mean what kind of message are delivering to Sneed if you bring in a dropdown?

I'm pretty sure we just learned BH doesn't care what kind of message that could send.

That is true. Just like when our athletic director openly meets with potential head coaches during the off-season. Oh hell, during the season, too! We need to see how he handles the competition. :thumb:

After thinking this over a little more. I doubt we see a drop down. Why would a kid drop down if he is again going to be behind the starter. I would assume a JUCO transfer.

It's probably nothing, but Karé Lyles, the soon-to-be-transfer QB from Wisconsin, is following some Griz coaches.

Quoted from that other thread:
mtgrizfankb said:
Anybody who went to the scrimmage saw this on the wall. Sneed and Wilson were always together and [that other guy] was alone or with a couple other dudes. ...

When it comes down to it...very few teams have 2 greats QBs because one that loses will leave...that’s what has happened...it’s normal and acceptable. The only sad part is most teams have a starter...a learner (frosh or soph) then a backup. We right now have starter (Sneed), a back up (Wilson) just no learner
You don't see Graves as filling that "learner" spot?

And the feedback so far seems to throw some doubt on Wilson as the backup. Maybe another dropdown as the backup and then Wilson as the leaner?

BH will get a drop down...it’s obvious....I heard rumors for a decent source they were looking for a QB drop down weeks ago and wrote it off as BS but after the spring game I started to believe it. They also have started following a few

reinell30 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
reinell30 said:
If (When) Bobby finds a transfer/dropdown, what happens to Sneed? I mean what kind of message are delivering to Sneed if you bring in a dropdown?

I'm pretty sure we just learned BH doesn't care what kind of message that could send.

Agreed!

Wow, and swing and a miss by me on the sarcasm. Sorry, man.
Very solid work. :thumb:

Yukon said:
After thinking this over a little more. I doubt we see a drop down. Why would a kid drop down if he is again going to be behind the starter. I would assume a JUCO transfer.
I lean this way myself, for exactly the reason you posted.

IdaGriz01 said:
statler & waldorf said:
I saw Hill play two series, don't remember which game, both three and out. He got decent yardage, all negative.
Now that's some funny s**t! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that was the Weber game, after (that other guy) went down with a concussion. Actually, according to the box score, Hill gained 5 yards on 4 official carries ... so he at least "overcame" the big sacks he gave up. But that was why Makena Simms ("re-converted" wide receiver) was the QB in the NAU game.

Say what you will about Hill, but he is still here busting his ass for the team. Even switched positions for the betterment of the team. Ask Huack what he thinks of Hill and his work ethic, Leadership, and attitude. The chosen one, so to speak, chose to quit with just a little competition. Also, I don’t want to hear it wasn’t fair. Competition happens every day in every aspect of life.

uofmman1122 said:
It's probably nothing, but Karé Lyles, the soon-to-be-transfer QB from Wisconsin, is following some Griz coaches.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? :lol:

That’s everything. :thumb:

Grizzly96 said:
Say what you will about Hill, but he is still here busting his ass for the team. Even switched positions for the betterment of the team. Ask Hauck what he thinks of Hill and his work ethic, Leadership, and attitude. The chosen one, so to speak, chose to quit with just a little competition. Also, I don’t want to hear it wasn’t fair. Competition happens every day in every aspect of life.
Totally agree that Hill is an absolutely class guy. My (our) bad ... we got a bit carried away with so-called humor. His QB skills did not pan out (but were never given much of a chance, either), but there's no question that he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. As a junior, he, by example, sets the tone that it's about team, not individual accolades. And yes, I'm sure Hauck and the staff love this guy.

This is just college football! No play no stay.. Gresch did a good job and I wish him well. The Griizzlies will be better off knowing who their QB is so he's not splitting time!!! Gresch would have been a good back up I believe but there are a couple of young QB's who will now get some reps and the next Griz QB will emerge... I have faith in our two young guys so here we go.. Life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RTD Go Griz! Go get'm Dalton! :) :)

i_the_sky said:
This is just college football! No play no stay.. Gresch did a good job and I wish him well. The Griizzlies will be better off knowing who their QB is so he's not splitting time!!! Gresch would have been a good back up I believe but there are a couple of young QB's who will now get some reps and the next Griz QB will emerge... I have faith in our two young guys so here we go.. Life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RTD Go Griz! Go get'm Dalton! :) :)

Diesel said:

TEs, WRs and QBs are also interchangeable...we're good, there are several WRs in the pool, just convert two WRs to QB.

The bobkittens got a RB playing QB and look how well they do.

alabamagrizzly said:
Diesel said:

The bobkittens got a RB playing QB and look how well they do.
A surprising number of FBS teams have guys playing QB who are generally better runners than passers. :lol:

Of course, those guys are at a higher level of overall athletic ability, surrounded by a much better supporting cast ... so it works.

I for one am very excited about the future with a Montana QB. Graves is going to be a star for the Griz! Maybe not next year, but it’s coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDAGRIZ said:
reinell30 said:

I think Bobby cares. I believe it when I hear the coaches didn't want Jensen to leave. We are doing Bobby and the team a dis-service by assuming they are heartless and don't care about the players. Yes, Hauck wants to motivate players and encourage competition; but I am sure he cares about them and wants them all to succeed.

Surprised there has been only one specific comment (not favorable, BTW) about Tanner Wilson, currently the Griz #2 QB. Is he that much of an unknown factor, or do most people think he can't cut it and is not worth discussing?

IdaGriz01 said:
Surprised there has been only one specific comment (not favorable, BTW) about Tanner Wilson, currently the Griz #2 QB. Is he that much of an unknown factor, or do most people think he can't cut it and is not worth discussing?
He throws a nice ball. Maybe not as mobile as Sneed or Graves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back