• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Quarterback Situation

Graves must be licking his chops. If not this year, he has a REAL chance of competing for a starting job next year when he is a redshirt freshman. Honestly, I think it's all on Sneed this year. Wilson as back up, hopefully he develops and becomes a substantial QB2 that is ready to fill in when his name is called. This just reinforces the notion that Graves is Bobby's guy in the long run-unless he's secretly looking at a drop-down or other recruit.

Grizzly96 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
statler & waldorf said:
I saw Hill play two series, don't remember which game, both three and out. He got decent yardage, all negative.
Now that's some funny s**t! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that was the Weber game, after (that other guy) went down with a concussion. Actually, according to the box score, Hill gained 5 yards on 4 official carries ... so he at least "overcame" the big sacks he gave up. But that was why Makena Simms ("re-converted" wide receiver) was the QB in the NAU game.

Say what you will about Hill, but he is still here busting his ass for the team. Even switched positions for the betterment of the team. Ask Huack what he thinks of Hill and his work ethic, Leadership, and attitude. The chosen one, so to speak, chose to quit with just a little competition. Also, I don’t want to hear it wasn’t fair. Competition happens every day in every aspect of life.
Maybe because he is a senior and if he transferred anywhere but down he wouldn’t play another snap of college ball?

Gresh surprised me

However, he did not look comfortable in the scrimmage and he appeared to be sucking.

Look, Stitt and Hauck are near complete opposites.

Stitt- "It's alright, get em next time"
Hauck "Pull your head out of your ass"

Some dudes just can't handle hard nosed coaches.

Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

However, he did not look comfortable in the scrimmage and he appeared to be sucking.

True. But there is some fear that these kids today don't respond well to "pull your head out of your ass." Time will tell. I tend to believe kids these days are tougher than we give them credit. Especially student athletes. Still have faith in Hauck.

MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

True. But there is some fear that these kids today don't respond well to "pull your head out of your ass." Time will tell. I tend to believe kids these days are tougher than we give them credit. Especially student athletes. Still have faith in Hauck.

And how did they respond to "It's alright, get em next time?"

yawn

MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

Nick Saban is probably the scariest head coach a player could play for, and it has worked out pretty well for Alabama. You don’t see people getting upset at him if players quit because they can’t handle him.

get'em_griz said:
MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

Nick Saban is probably the scariest head coach a player could play for, and it has worked out pretty well for Alabama. You don’t see people getting upset at him if players quit because they can’t handle him.

Agree, but I honestly hope the narrative doesn't morph into GJ not being "able to handle" Bobby.

Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

Jensen didn’t look comfortable playing behind that make shift second string offensive line that couldn’t protect him.

When he finally ran with the 1’s he looked like the better QB. Especially his deep ball. Sneed’s under thrown interception was scary bad, considering the vertical passing game was what this receiving personnel group was built for.

It doesn’t do a damn bit of good to have RB depth or a mobile QB if the defense can stack the box because they know your QB doesn’t have an accurate deep ball in his skill set.

Today was a dark day for this program. I think they went from playoff team contending for a conference championship to a team that will struggle to win more games than they lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get'em_griz said:
MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

Two completely different situations

bgbigdog said:
i_the_sky said:
This is just college football! No play no stay.. Gresch did a good job and I wish him well. The Griizzlies will be better off knowing who their QB is so he's not splitting time!!! Gresch would have been a good back up I believe but there are a couple of young QB's who will now get some reps and the next Griz QB will emerge... I have faith in our two young guys so here we go.. Life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RTD Go Griz! Go get'm Dalton! :) :)

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Jensen didn’t look comfortable playing behind that make shift second string offensive line that couldn’t protect him.

When he finally ran with the 1’s he looked like the better QB. Especially his deep ball. Sneed’s under thrown interception was scary bad, considering the vertical passing game was what this receiving personnel group was built for.

It doesn’t do a damn bit of good to have RB depth or a mobile QB if the defense can stack the box because they know your QB doesn’t have an accurate deep ball in his skill set.

Today was a dark day for this program. I think they went from playoff team contending for a conference championship to a team that will struggle to win more games than they lose.

LOL, what a drama queen.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
bgbigdog said:
i_the_sky said:
This is just college football! No play no stay.. Gresch did a good job and I wish him well. The Griizzlies will be better off knowing who their QB is so he's not splitting time!!! Gresch would have been a good back up I believe but there are a couple of young QB's who will now get some reps and the next Griz QB will emerge... I have faith in our two young guys so here we go.. Life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RTD Go Griz! Go get'm Dalton! :) :)

Thankfully, Hauck knows more than any of the egrizzers. The GRIZ will be fine. My only concern is the QB depth chart now. Sneed absolutely needs to remain healthy this season. We know so very little about the abilities of Wilson and Graves.

There's been some remarks here and there that Sneed can't crank up the long ball -- which may well be true. I would point out that Alabama just won a national championship with QBs that were criticized a lot -- by commentators and fans -- because they were weak on the long ball. Sure, they had/have a ton of other talent, but many teams (college and NFL) have proven that a strong short and mid-range passing game is more than enough to open up the run game.

Reading defenses (quickly) and putting the shorter passes on the money seems to be one of Sneed's strengths. I think he has the athletic ability to improve his long game, so that part is fixable. So I feel good about the starting QB position. I am way more worried about the talent behind him, because QBs pretty much all lose playing time to injuries.

signedbewildered said:
MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
Gresh surprised me

And how did they respond to "It's alright, get em next time?"

yawn

I'm not saying that "It's alright, get 'em next time" worked. I'm saying kids respond better than many of us would like to believe. I never said I think kids respond poorly to Hauck's style. In fact, my exact words were, "Still have faith in Hauck."

IdaGriz01 said:
There's been some remarks here and there that Sneed can't crank up the long ball -- which may well be true. I would point out that Alabama just won a national championship with QBs that were criticized a lot -- by commentators and fans -- because they were weak on the long ball. Sure, they had/have a ton of other talent, but many teams (college and NFL) have proven that a strong short and mid-range passing game is more than enough to open up the run game.
I thought Bama won that game after Saban benched the weaker throwing, quick to run Jalen Hurst with the Hawaiian kid who threw them to victory. Hurst also got his shit jumped on by Saban during the spring game for scrambling time and time again while knowing he was off limits to the defense. The Hawaiian savior missed spring ball with a broken finger.

grizindabox said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

LOL, what a drama queen.
No sh!t.

Back