• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ ROSTER MAKE-UP

ccgrz said:
Looking at the updated roster on gogriz.com, neither Josh Jansen or Reese Carlson are listed. I heard Josh may not be coming back but hadn't heard anything about Reese.

Sucks to see Josh go, he had some real talent and was a local kid who made some spectacular plays. Interesting about Carlson. Smooth, big bodied WR with good hands. That would be a big loss as well, but looks like we have some similar guys waiting in the wings.

A quick look at some spring battles.

QB-Gus has the experience in the O but Reese is coming into challenge right away. Will he be a Craig Ochs or a Justin Roper? The rest will just be playing for experience and bench positions.

RB-Nguyen will probably be the starter on paper but Calhoun will be our horse.

WR-Wide open competition.

TE-my bad.

OL-Weyer, Deitrich, Reese, and Kelly are probably locks. Todd, Luke, and Villanueva will also get strong looks for the 5th starter.

DT-Are we going to a 3-4? If so, the once too thin roster spot of DT is now overly crowded. Kidder and Peevy are the best holdovers with Bradley having a lot of PT under his belt. Davidson and MM-O will deffenetly get in the mix in fall and if and when Pedro shows up, he'll also be a front runner for a starting spot.

DE-With Ralston moving back to offense, it could open up some room for RSFr Simms to get playing time. Schye and Johnson will probably be the starters but Bedell and Mertes will get their chance to prove themselves.

LB-This is the battle I'm excited for. I see Buss, Straham and Banks as the front runners but they should get some good competition from RSFr Olsen and Syrmon and Thomas should get a good look also.

CB-Nelson is a no brainer. McKinnley and M. Sanders will battle for the other slot and I think McKinnley will probably edge Sanders out.

S-Pencil Y. Sanders in now. You haven't been paying attention if you didn't know that. With Manu leaving, it clears up the other safety spot a little. Epperly, Williams, and Sandry are the fan favs probably but Delaney should at least get a fair look due to his experience.

K and P-Wide open.

alabamagrizzly said:
havgrizfan said:
Not at all surprised to Jansen gone. Am surprised about Carlson. Looks like they also lost Joe Paolina too
Reese is done due to concussions.
I knew Ryan Burke was done due to concussions but hadn't heard that about Carlson.

McGilv... Is showing up on the roster too, but Kyle said he wouldn't be with the team this season.

Given 30+ signees, won't there have to be substantial attrition between now and August?

Griztime said:
On the O-line: Cameron Rokich is definitely gone and believe that both Jackson and Clint too.

agree with griztime on this one,,,,no more room at the inn..must make room for other check ins.....

The thing about the new roster is that it has all of the 2015 class that were true freshman this last season and red-shirted are listed incorrectly as Sophomores now.

It doesn't have Mike Ralston moved from DE to WR (H) either... lots of mistakes.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
I understand that.....just realized that is wasn't really a depth chart.....

It appeared to be his shot at one....

then is was surely a bad attempt....
:lol: :lol:

Alright you funny bastards. :lol: :thumb:

AZGrizFan, I can see where you thought it was my attempt at a depth chart, because it was originally named something depth chart, yes. However my intent was just a roster makeup list, and changed it after the fact obviously. In fact I copied and pasted it from the recruiting thread, where I stated at the top of it that it wan't a depth chart. I didn't copy that part.

But even without this being an attempt at a depth chart (it's players by class), it doesn't look all that far off either.

IntuitiveGriz said:
The thing about the new roster is that it has all of the 2015 class that were true freshman this last season and red-shirted are listed incorrectly as Sophomores now.

It doesn't have Mike Ralston moved from DE to WR (H) either... lots of mistakes.
well, it is gogriz.com...just sayin

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
It appeared to be his shot at one....

then is was surely a bad attempt....
:lol: :lol:

Alright you funny bastards. :lol: :thumb:

AZGrizFan, I can see where you thought it was my attempt at a depth chart, because it was originally named something depth chart, yes. However my intent was just a roster makeup list, and changed it after the fact obviously. In fact I copied and pasted it from the recruiting thread, where I stated at the top of it that it wan't a depth chart. I didn't copy that part.

But even without this being an attempt at a depth chart (it's players by class), it doesn't look all that far off either.

:lol: Precisely why I TOOK it as your attempt at one, and made a comment to that effect. :thumb:

The Offensive Line has changed alot-Cam Rokich is still at school but no longer playing football. The O-line is the 4 Sophs; 3 Juniors and 5 ? Seniors and incoming 5 Freshmen. Coach G has his group and will shape them into a great group...

IntuitiveGriz said:
GRIZ ROSTER MAKEUP: What do you think?

I'll assume a few roster attrition moves have happened like posted, and going off your list - here's this observational fan's opinion

X

SO Keenan Curran
SR Lane Hovey
FR Koby Eaton
FR Donovan Rooks
----------------
FR Jed Nagler

Z

SO Reese Carlson
JR James Homan
FR Dalton Daum
FR Jerry Louie-McGee
------------------
FR Dareon Nash
FR Samori Toure'

H

JR Josh Horner
FR Holden Ryan
JR Mike Ralston
FR Colin Bingham
---------------------
FR Samuel Akem

Y

SO Caleb Lyons
JR McKenna Simis
FR Justin Calhoun
-----------------------
FR Brennan Corbin

RB

SR John Nguyen
SO Jeremy Calhoun
SR Joey Counts
JR Treshawn Favors
FR Brody Martinez
----------------------------
FR Rey Green

QB

SR Brady Gustafson
JR Reese Phillips
SR Chad Chalich
SO Eric Prater
SO Connor Kaegi
-----------------------------
FR Gresch Jensen

LT

JR David Reese
FR Dallas Hart
FR Colin McGillvray
---------------------------------
FR Conlan Beaver

LG

SR McCauley Todd
JR Cooper Sprunk
FR Angel Villanueva
--------------------------------
FR Brandon Scott

CENTER

JR Robert Luke
JR Cooper Sprunk
------------------------------
FR Dylan Eickmeyer

RG

SR Ben Weyer
FR Angel Villanueva

FR Thane Jackson

RT

SR Devon Dietrich
SR Jackson Thiebes
FR Joe Paolina
-----------------------------
FR Ashton Torres

==================================================================================

Field CB

JR Ryan McKinley
SR Tyrell Garner
JR Shane Moody
FR Lewis Cowans

Boundary CB

SR J.R. Nelson
SO Markell Sanders
----------------------------------
FR Josh Egbo

SS

SR Yaemen Sanders
FR Josh Sandry
------------------------------------
FR Gavin Crow

FS

SO Evan Epperly
JR Mick Delaney
FR Jerrin Williams
-----------------------------------

SAM LB

SO Dante Olson
SO Shayne Cochran
FR Cy Sirmon
-------------------------------------

MIKE LB

JR Connor Strahm
JR Jimmy Banks
FR David Fa'atulese
--------------------------------------
FR Trase LeTexier

WILL LB

SO Josh Buss
SO Alex Thomas
----------------------------------
FR Jace Lewis

Rush DE

JR Tucker Schye
SO Donald Bedell
SO Austin Chadderon
SO Reggie Tilleman

FR Cole Rosling
FR Noah Gerald

DE

SR Ryan Johnson
FR Jessie Sims
SO Nick Mertes
FR Andrew Harris
FR Trace Bradshaw

NT

SR Zach Peevey
JR Nate Bradley
JR Brandt Davidson

--------------------------
FR Esai Longoria

DT

SR Caleb Kidder
JR Myles McKee-Osibodu
SO Kyle Davis
----------------------------------------
FR Randy Rodriguez

================================================================================

K/P

SR Harrison Greenberg
JR Austin Carver
FR Tim Semenza
FR Patrick LeCorre
-------------------------------------

Back