• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz top FCS in attendance for second-straight season

EverettGriz said:
I can certainly understand why they're proud of it.

It puts them on equal footing with ISU and NAU.

I am proud of it. The FargoDome had been a great facility for the City of Fargo.

Pretty ironic that NDSU can win 5 national championships in a row playing in that stadium, but Montana has only won 2 playing in the palace you call WaGriz. Scenery might be great at WaGriz, but the stadium itself isn't the greatest IMO. Horrible sight lines in certain parts and bathrooms are shitty.

This whole thread is just proof on how far Grizzly football has fallen. The only thing they have to be proud about is their stadium and setting attendance records. Pitiful and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You were once better than this.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

I am proud of it. The FargoDome had been a great facility for the City of Fargo.

Pretty ironic that NDSU can win 5 national championships in a row playing in that stadium, but Montana has only won 2 playing in the palace you call WaGriz. Scenery might be great at WaGriz, but the stadium itself isn't the greatest IMO. Horrible sight lines in certain parts and bathrooms are shitty.

You realize you instantly lose all credibility when you try to argue that the Fargodome is a better venue that WaGriz, right? And it's not even close. As much as I hate to give credit to lil bro, the stadium at MSU completely overshadows the fargodome too (so I guess they can beat NDSU at something). Plus it's in Fargo, so even if you did have a good stadium it would still suffer hugely from its location in America's armpit.

Oh, we have plenty to be proud of. Simply off the top of my head I'll offer that we don't have a bunch of jealous fans posting on a rival's board trying to make themselves feel better about their horribly embarrassing facility.

yeager_fan said:
This whole thread is just proof on how far Grizzly football has fallen. The only thing they have to be proud about is their stadium and setting attendance records. Pitiful and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You were once better than this.

Nope, it's just one of many things to be proud of. Have you not noticed that it is a leader in both academic and athletic success? Maybe you should do some research before you spout off ignorant comments. But facts won't help you so maybe it's better to ignore them...

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

There is not much to be proud of in ND except for your FB team, but being proud of a dome stadium is really sad. Not much going on in your life.

firmgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

You realize you instantly lose all credibility when you try to argue that the Fargodome is a better venue that WaGriz, right? And it's not even close. As much as I hate to give credit to lil bro, the stadium at MSU completely overshadows the fargodome too (so I guess they can beat NDSU at something). Plus it's in Fargo, so even if you did have a good stadium it would still suffer hugely from its location in America's armpit.

For the City of Fargo it most definitely is. I guarantee the FargoDome has had a much higher economic benefit to Fargo than WaGriz has to Missoula. As far as claiming it is more intimidating, I am just basing it on facts. No team has won a playoff football game there.

Armpit is funny. Never seen as many old run down homes as Missoula. Bozeman has it beat ten fold.

firmgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

For the City of Fargo it most definitely is. I guarantee the FargoDome has had a much higher economic benefit to Fargo than WaGriz has to Missoula. As far as claiming it is more intimidating, I am just basing it on facts. No team has won a playoff football game there.

Armpit is funny. Never seen as many old run down homes as Missoula. Bozeman has it beat ten fold.

NativeGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

There is not much to be proud of in ND except for your FB team, but being proud of a dome stadium is really sad. Not much going on in your life.

Sure there is. Great economy. Low taxes. Conservative government. Great upland and waterfowl hunting.

Let's compare: ndsu plays in an off-campus rec-center that they must rent.

UM plays in an on-campus outdoor stadium with one of the most-scenic settings in the country, in a facility widely regarded nationally (by those not weighing 4 bills) as the finest at our level. Oh, and it seats 6500 more.

Hmmmm, that is a tough call....

Hint: You don't have to post twice to correct a spelling error. You can just edit your original post.

Anyway, thanks for logging on to eGriz.com to tell us of the greatness of the Alerus Center and to tell us we have shitty bathrooms. I agree about the bathrooms.

EverettGriz said:

UM plays in an on-campus outdoor stadium with one of the finest settings in the country, in a facility widely regarded nationally (by those not weighing 4 bills) as the finest at our level.

You know what they pay for rent? It also is not off campus. It is right on campus. There are dorms and other research facilities around it. NDSU owns the land the FargoDome sits on.

EverettGriz said:

UM plays in an on-campus outdoor stadium with one of the most-scenic settings in the country, in a facility widely regarded nationally (by those not weighing 4 bills) as the finest at our level. Oh, and it seats 6500 more.

WA-Griz also has room for more expansion... Fargodome is pretty much maxed out.

get'em_griz said:
EverettGriz said:

Yep that is the downside to the FargoDome. They really fucked up not building it to seat 30k as originally designed.

FYI take out the fold back seating and suites and put shitty bleachers in like WaGriz and the FargoDome likely holds more than your stadium does.

THAT'S the downside??!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And please. Your stadium is humiliating enough. You don't need to heap more shame upon yourself with stupid assed statements like this one.

2011BisonAlumni said:
get'em_griz said:
EverettGriz said:

Yep that is the downside to the FargoDome. They really f***[*] up not building it to seat 30k as originally designed.

FYI take out the fold back seating and suites and put shitty bleachers in like WaGriz and the FargoDome likely holds more than your stadium does.

Ton + 11, you were holding your own until you posted this.

EverettGriz said:
THAT'S the downside??!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And please. Your stadium is humiliating enough. You don't need to heap more shame upon yourself with stupid assed statements like this one.

Meh not sure about that. If it was humiliating, ESPN wouldn't have hosted SportsCenter inside of it and the NFL network would not have aired a ProDay inside of it. I guess I can't recall the same being done at WaGriz.

Back