• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bison Prediction

NDSU might follow the Portland State pattern of a transition team to I-AA. In Portland State's first year up, the Griz smacked them around by the count of 63-6. As I recall, they didn't even get a first down until the third quarter. Since then they've given us many memorable battles, but have handed us just one loss in that span. Sorry, Bison, the future has some promise, but you're going to have a real bad time on Saturday if you expect an upset to brew.

Only because Disney is at the helm, this game will be closer than I thought at the beginning of August........

Griz..... 49 NDSU.... Zippity do dah. If Ochs were healthy, and playing at least the first half with the rest of the Montana starters.......

Griz.....63 NDSU.....Nada, zilch, goose egg, bupkus, null set, void, in other words ZERO!!

Go Griz!!!! Go McNeese!!!!

Short and simple...

Griz - 45
NDSU - 6

Good old fashioned "take 'em out to the woodshed" game.

Greeneville Sun, TN,
North Dakota State wouldn’t be playing Division II football if they were in this part of the country. The Bison would be a very good Division I-AA team in the Southern Conference.

Nice compliment from the Tusculum sports beat.

Jimus Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:53 pm Post subject:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NDSU might follow the Portland State pattern of a transition team to I-AA.

Portland State never really had great success in Division II. Not even a close comparision. Portland State would have been a average team in the North Central Conference.

I got way too much respect for Portland State to say anything against them. They might be average in the North Central Conference, but are far from average in the Big Sky Conference. Even though their 6-5 record would indicate otherwise. I don't think their record indicates how good a football program they are. They are VERY tough, and as a big Griz fan, they are the ONLY team I'm really worried about on our schedule.

The Vikings beat Eastern Washington last season 34-31, and Eastern Washington gave the Griz way more than we wanted, or didn't want in this particular case, with a 30-21 victory. True they lost to the Bobcats last season, but only by 2 points, where as the Griz lost to the Bobcats by 3. Don't look for either to happen again.

I would consider being compared to Portland State a booming compliment coming from DivII, and like it or not, I think Jimus' statement was right on the money. Rome was not built in a day.

Grizomatic406,

I should have clarified my post. I was referring to Portland State when they were in Division II. During there DII years they would have been average NCC teams. I also don't think Portland State has the facilities that NDSU has, excluding the Rose Garden for Basketball.

The Bison will play the Griz tough and keep it with in 14. This is still a major rebuilding year for the Bison. After a couple years I think that the Herd will be even with the Griz and will be able to beat them. We need to get the scholarship numbers up to D1AA level and let our new coaches settle in.

My two cents:

Griz O will pull things together. I really feel that the coaching staff will get some things figured out on schemes, etc. The D will continue to be strong, and not have a slow start. Overall, the team will be clicking more this game. Expect to see big numbers and big plays in front of a Big Freakin Crowd!

Griz in the 50's... NDSU will be held under 20.

Good to see all of the optimistic predictions from the Bison fans. I hope none of you are betting your children's future on that optimism, though.

Griz 49

Bison 13

Here goes.

Bison 13
Griz 38

The Bison are used to playing in noise since 3 NCC teams have domed stadiums. 23,000 will be a much bigger crowd than we are used to seeing. The Fardogome holds 19,000 but it rarely sells out unless the Fighting Suck (Fighting Sioux for anyone outside of N.D.) come to town.

I can't imagine that we will not score 38+ points in the win this Sat. with the Bison held to under 14. And that means more points scored by O than special teams.

We will not be denied. I agree with 42+ and 13 for the Bison. Right now I would say our offense is like a boulder way up on a cliff just waiting to roll down and destroy everything in its path. Our defense will stop everything and likely put up 1 or 2 scores. And our special teams will remain special.

Latest posts

Back