• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bison Prediction

BisonMav said:
Brock Landers said:
28-14 Bison

Assuming we make our extra points (big assumption)

Kicking is easy in the Dome.

This is, like, verbatim the exchange I just had on AGS:

Brock Landers said:
28-14 Bison. Montana misses 10 field goals.

Bison Fan in NW MN said:
Sarcasm?

Kicking in a dome is pretty nice for kickers....

NoDak 4 Ever said:
You probably didn't see that game last night.

grizeyes said:
You know that NDSU has had this game circled on their calendar for some time now. I would think that they see this game as a statement game to the rest of the FCS – considering the Griz history, always tough, rated high (too high IMO) and an opportunity to prove and/or show everyone in the FCS that they are still the top dog this year and they plan staying there. I would expect to see the team that showed up for the Iowa State game – only at home.

So, considering that, one of two things will happen at NDSU:

If the Griz continue to play the same they have to date - weekly improvement with the OL, inconsistent on offense, JJ remains “off” his “A game”, inconsistent/poor special teams play (including kicking), WTF play calling, etc. Even with the good d-line and average/above average secondary, we will see NDSU win handily – two touchdowns or more – 14-20 point win.

Or, we play our best game to date this year. OL does OK; don’t have to be perfect, just good enough. JJ comes out of his funk. We can work a good mix of pass and some running game – again, don’t have to be perfect, just enough to sustain some drives, get a few points when in the red one, etc. And, special teams play well. If this happens, the game will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

I agree with what someone said earlier - either a NDSU blowout or a close game that will be won by the team making the fewest mistakes and/or turnovers.

27-23...... NDSU. We can't sustain a drive late in the game to pull out the win. Hope I'm wrong. GO GRIZ![/quote

Last year, we had the MSU game circl.......oh, wait..........

Lakerhater said:
grizeyes said:
You know that NDSU has had this game circled on their calendar for some time now. I would think that they see this game as a statement game to the rest of the FCS – considering the Griz history, always tough, rated high (too high IMO) and an opportunity to prove and/or show everyone in the FCS that they are still the top dog this year and they plan staying there. I would expect to see the team that showed up for the Iowa State game – only at home.

If the Griz continue to play the same they have to date - weekly improvement with the OL, inconsistent on offense, JJ remains “off” his “A game”, inconsistent/poor special teams play (including kicking), WTF play calling, etc. Even with the good d-line and average/above average secondary, we will see NDSU win handily – two touchdowns or more – 14-20 point win.

Or, we play our best game to date this year. OL does OK; don’t have to be perfect, just good enough. JJ comes out of his funk. We can work a good mix of pass and some running game – again, don’t have to be perfect, just enough to sustain some drives, get a few points when in the red one, etc. And, special teams play well. If this happens, the game will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

I agree with what someone said earlier - either a NDSU blowout or a close game that will be won by the team making the fewest mistakes and/or turnovers.

27-23...... NDSU. We can't sustain a drive late in the game to pull out the win. Hope I'm wrong. GO GRIZ!

But you had it circled in PENCIL, right? :lol:

Unfortunately my prediction is that this game will go a lot like the 2013 game against EWU. Not in the sense of the explosive big play on offense, but rather every time it look's like the Griz have the Bison stopped they make another drive extending play that turns into points, while Griz move the ball but fizzle in the red zone and fail to keep up.

Late in the game, you look up and realize the Griz are down by 20+ points and wonder how it happened when the Griz were so close, then JJ starts another furious comeback that falls short by 7 - 10 points, making the game look closer than it was.

AZGrizFan said:
Lakerhater said:
grizeyes said:

27-23...... NDSU. We can't sustain a drive late in the game to pull out the win. Hope I'm wrong. GO GRIZ!

But you had it circled in PENCIL, right? :lol:

And before any Bobcat fans chime in.........I know, I know.......business decision.....business decision

kemajic said:
Wyoming II; Bison 17; Griz 12. And that would not be four field goals.....
Well I missed a little on the score, but it was Wyoming II without the lightning delays. The game also reminds of '08 Richmond, the second half of '09 Villanova, '10 Weber, and '12 NAU when three and outs by the O contributed to a D that had trouble stopping the run to get off the field.

Makes it real difficult to see how a team with no defense, like EWU, could hang in a game with NDSU, in spite of their exceptional O.

kemajic said:
kemajic said:
Well I missed a little on the score, but it was Wyoming II without the lightning delays. The game also reminds of '08 Richmond, the second half of '09 Villanova, '10 Weber, and '12 NAU when three and outs by the O contributed to a D that had trouble stopping the run to get off the field.

Makes it real difficult to see how a team with no defense, like EWU, could hang in a game with NDSU, in spite of their exceptional O.

Maybe I am wrong but if NDSU can run the ball on EWU and control the clock, I think they'd win that game.

CV Griz Fan said:
kemajic said:
kemajic said:

Maybe I am wrong but if NDSU can run the ball on EWU and control the clock, I think they'd win that game.
Not wrong. The only risk is of NDSU scoring too fast against the porous EWU D, which gets the ball right back to VA.

Latest posts

Back