• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bison Prediction

Griz 55

NDSU got Nuthin

Streakers - also got nuthin - but there will be one

Dancing Fat Guy - 18 beers by half time

Kiss Kam Kutness - 9

Broken Toilets in new North Endzone - 2 - (both caused by the massive flow emanating Triple G and the 2 cases of beer he drinks trying to escape for the Clark Fork - seriously why didn't the fire crews hook a hose up to this guy??)

Bad Poetry by UPWIMT - 4 limericks and 2 nursery rhymes (and that's the most likely one of my precitions to be true *snicker* )

bisonguy said:
I'll use the same one as on the Bisonville board:

Bison- 21 Griz-20
Bison win with a punt return in the latter part of the fourth. Griz drive down the field for the win, but shank the field goal, possibly a Bison put a hand on it.

(Note- this is a guess, and only a guess. If another thread starts up, my prediction is subject to change. Any similarities between my score and any real score is strictly coincidental.)

Wow, I had the point spread right, just off by a total of eight points. I did call the final play of the game. :D

Just a refresher here to remind the Griz fans that NDSU has no market on cockiness. Here is the score prediction thread from 2003. Seems to me that the Griz fans were not overly humble.

I guess when you have a couple schools with winning traditions both fan bases have a lot of confidence. This will be one hell of a game and I am glad I will be there. As for a score
... The Bison ought to win, but I bet this game will be tight enough to have us Bison fans squirming in our seats. I very much doubt that we will blow the Griz out. And....if thing go wrong.....we could be on the short end of the stick.

WYOBISONMAN said:
Just a refresher here to remind the Griz fans that NDSU has no market on cockiness. Here is the score prediction thread from 2003. Seems to me that the Griz fans were not overly humble.

I guess when you have a couple schools with winning traditions both fan bases have a lot of confidence. This will be one hell of a game and I am glad I will be there. As for a score
... The Bison ought to win, but I bet this game will be tight enough to have us Bison fans squirming in our seats. I very much doubt that we will blow the Griz out. And....if thing go wrong.....we could be on the short end of the stick.

nice call WYO. It will be on the Montana O. IMO the Montana D will keep NDSU from running up the score but the Bizzon can pound the ball and will do so if Montana can't put points on the board. Weber did a good job but were stopped in the red-zone. Montana will have to get 7 as I don't think this team/coaches will give Sullivan a chance to make some FG.

31-21 Bison. They'll slip up this season, hopefully in the playoffs if not sooner, but overall they're at a playing at a higher level at this point.

You know that NDSU has had this game circled on their calendar for some time now. I would think that they see this game as a statement game to the rest of the FCS – considering the Griz history, always tough, rated high (too high IMO) and an opportunity to prove and/or show everyone in the FCS that they are still the top dog this year and they plan staying there. I would expect to see the team that showed up for the Iowa State game – only at home.

So, considering that, one of two things will happen at NDSU:

If the Griz continue to play the same they have to date - weekly improvement with the OL, inconsistent on offense, JJ remains “off” his “A game”, inconsistent/poor special teams play (including kicking), WTF play calling, etc. Even with the good d-line and average/above average secondary, we will see NDSU win handily – two touchdowns or more – 14-20 point win.

Or, we play our best game to date this year. OL does OK; don’t have to be perfect, just good enough. JJ comes out of his funk. We can work a good mix of pass and some running game – again, don’t have to be perfect, just enough to sustain some drives, get a few points when in the red one, etc. And, special teams play well. If this happens, the game will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

I agree with what someone said earlier - either a NDSU blowout or a close game that will be won by the team making the fewest mistakes and/or turnovers.

27-23...... NDSU. We can't sustain a drive late in the game to pull out the win. Hope I'm wrong. GO GRIZ!

17-14 NDSU

Hope all griz fans making the trip have a safe and enjoyable time. Looking forward to this game and hoping for a slugfest.

BWahlberg said:
NDSU: 23,432,651,235,435.05

UM: -2

..that .05 at the end may be tough, but if anyone can pull it off, NDSU can.

and you cannot score negative points, BW, so your Griz score makes no sense.

Get a clue man.

Raider said:
BWahlberg said:

..that .05 at the end may be tough, but if anyone can pull it off, NDSU can.

and you cannot score negative points, BW, so your Griz score makes no sense.

Get a clue man.

Oh, they'll find a way. It'll be like some crazy kickoff as the quarter expires but the play continues where we take a knee in the wrong endzone but NDSU wasn't covering that side of the field yet so the refs decide to take away 2 points from us.

It could happen.

BWahlberg said:

Looking on the bright side, it's a good thing the game isn't being played here, because we'd have to buy a new scoreboard to hold all the NDSU digits. They're THAT GOOD!

89rabbit said:
fargogrizzly said:
These guys are funny...

There are much bigger schools in Div1aa than NDSU that have been trying for years to play to the level of the Griz. Maybe someday the Bison will beat the Griz in a game, and if they do, then I will place a Bison bumper sticker on my flying car.

Bison 6
Griz 49

a mercy killing :D

Fargogrizz, you do know that UM lost to NDSU in 2003 when NDSU was Division II. It also lost to NDSU in both of its Camellia Bowl appearances. that means UM is 0-3 the last 3 times it has played NDSU in football. You might want to get your Bison bumper sticker and flying car.

doebrmn said:
89rabbit said:
fargogrizzly said:
These guys are funny...

There are much bigger schools in Div1aa than NDSU that have been trying for years to play to the level of the Griz. Maybe someday the Bison will beat the Griz in a game, and if they do, then I will place a Bison bumper sticker on my flying car.

Bison 6
Griz 49

Fargogrizz, you do know that UM lost to NDSU in 2003 when NDSU was Division II. It also lost to NDSU in both of its Camellia Bowl appearances. that means UM is 0-3 the last 3 times it has played NDSU in football. You might want to get your Bison bumper sticker and flying car.
You did see he posted that in September 2003 right - before the loss to DII NDSU?

BisonMav said:
....Best chance for NDSU to score is to try real quick passes before the defensive line can reach the QB. Naturally the passes will have to be short which really doesn't get into the Griz's weaknesses in the secondary. Have to pass long for that, but I do not see NDSU QB having the time to do it.

This is what I like to hear. Tony Stauss is very good at leading the Bison down field with the passing game, short or long passes. Could be the best passing QB we have ever had.

.....But the running game will have a much easier time of it. Not sure if Waller will ever resolve his problem with hesitating before taking off. Hope so, but he will still get some good runs against NDSU defense.

Tusculum (-4) rushing yards vs NDSU. The Griz will be a much better running team than the NDSU's first opponent.

A second strong defensive showing by the Bison, combined with Griz mistakes makes for a Bison victory.

NDSU 14 Montana 10

This time around NDSU 24, Montana 14 with Montana scoring first and NDSU adjusting as the game goes on.

Grizbeer said:
doebrmn said:
89rabbit said:
fargogrizzly said:
These guys are funny...

Bison 6
Griz 49

You did see he posted that in September 2003 right - before the loss to DII NDSU?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dumbass North Dakotans

Back