• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ vs Georgia State (TV?)

I don't know why we drew up a play for a 3 with under 40 seconds to go and the ball... Sucks that on the rebound they got fouled (and hit both free throws).

Last possession for the Griz Rorie tried to do way too much and turned it over dribbling it into traffic.

Griz got one more chance though. Down by 3 now with the ball and 3.7 to go. Not likely but at least still somewhat of a chance.

Wow what a bad last possession. Another almost. This team cant put 40 minutes together. They start poor or finish poor way too often.

Damn, lost by 3. Played much better in the 2nd half & really busted their asses to come back from being down so big at halftime.

That's a good Georgia State team, no shame in losing on the road to them by 3 especially after coming back and tying it after being down by 17 at halftime. Keep in mind this is the same Georgia State team that beat EWU by 18 on a neutral court & gave Ole Miss a hell of a game on the road.

Wow, so disappointed in this team. Give up another big run and questionable play calling

I hate the whole idea of waiting until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock to start your offense at the end of a game. Set up your offense and get a bucket. Just complete crap. Rorie tries to do too much in those spots. Frustrating loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

putter said:
Wow, so disappointed in this team. Give up another big run and questionable play calling
Amazing, we are tied with ball and they never take a shot and lose by 3

Those last two possessions (not counting the one with 3 seconds left) were.... bad and a bit baffling to be honest.

First with our 3 point struggles & with us having the ball & the game all tied up with 40 seconds left, we draw up a play to run out the clock then set some screens and hope to get Moorehead a fairly contested 3? We ended up 5-22 from 3. Georgia State is going to get the ball back with at least 10 seconds left anyway so why not run the usual offense and try to get something rather than a last second heave before the shot clock goes off?

Then when down by 2 Rorie unfortunately tried to do way too much and dribbled into a heap of Georgia State players & turned it over.

Damn...so close after that huge comeback against a good team :(

I absolutely hate it when teams have the ball at the end of a game and are running down the shot clock by standing in one spot dribbling until less than 10 seconds. Everything in your designed play has to go right to get it to work in that short time. I really hate it when the best we can do is take a few dribbles and put up a contested 3 as the clock expires. I know most teams do it this way but I still think it sucks. Have more than one option from both sides of the court. Move the players and the ball around to try and get a good shot. Just dont shoot until the shot clock is down. Ok rant over.

blackfootipa said:
I hate the whole idea of waiting until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock to start your offense at the end of a game. Set up your offense and get a bucket. Just complete crap. Rorie tries to do too much in those spots. Frustrating loss.

I like your thoughts. We must have been typing at the same time.

great 2nd half effort..down by 17 by team ranked in mid-major top 25. almost won on the road and beat the panthers and the officials, I liked the effort!

cmtgrizzly said:
Wow what a bad last possession. Another almost. This team cant put 40 minutes together. They start poor or finish poor way too often.

They are who they are. I am beginning to think we will lose games when it gets close every time. No one can make clutch shots. Where is Espe? Where is Bevins? Rorie had a similar possession earlier in the season (can't remember which game) where he dribbled the ball for 20 seconds then turned it over. I respect the effort by the team to get back into the game, but damn...

Stop me if you’ve heard this one...
Griz men’s basketball way behind after poor shooting gives the other team a big run. Then they play better in second half to either tie or take the lead. Finally, blow it at the end. A couple times I get, but this is becoming the norm. Coaching folks...coaching.

Potomac Griz said:
Those last two possessions (not counting the one with 3 seconds left) were.... bad and a bit baffling to be honest....

Not sure why you're baffled. Pretty much every close, down to the wire game the Griz have lost in the last 3 or 4 years have went exactly like that. The biggest difference between the Griz being a team to scare the crap outta the big guys and a team like Georgia State? Making. Open. Shots. Just about every time a Georgia State player got a wide open look, it went in. When the Griz have those same shots? More often than not a miss. Really disappointing.

All that said, this team grinds like hell and never gives up. Helluva way to claw back from being down 17.

40 seconds left, tied game, and the Griz run the shot clock down for one shot?

Basketball smart guys, please explain...

cmtgrizzly said:
I absolutely hate it when teams have the ball at the end of a game and are running down the shot clock by standing in one spot dribbling until less than 10 seconds. Everything in your designed play has to go right to get it to work in that short time. I really hate it when the best we can do is take a few dribbles and put up a contested 3 as the clock expires. I know most teams do it this way but I still think it sucks. Have more than one option from both sides of the court. Move the players and the ball around to try and get a good shot. Just dont shoot until the shot clock is down. Ok rant over.

Well deserved rant. :thumb:

Back