• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gustafson Added to Watch List

G-BEARS said:
BWahlberg said:
I thought Brady sucked? Haha, congrats to him - hope he keeps at it!

Hardly anyone has claimed Brady sucks, as far as I know. Most people are just waiting to see him put up these kind of numbers/performances against a good defense. Being added to a watch list doesn't prove anything. A lot of promise has been shown the last few weeks, excited to see if he can prove doubters wrong come playoff time.

Gus did that in the first game he ever started for the Griz. If he was capable of it that day it means he has already proven it. Has he done it every game? Nope. Neither do a lot of QB's. I don't know what football you watch but I've seen Gus shred plenty of good defenses, including SUU this year. Look at the predictions thread of that game, and see how many Griz fans said SUU's defense was really good. It's only after the fact that everybody changes their tune. lol..

havgrizfan said:
G-BEARS said:
BWahlberg said:

Hardly anyone has claimed Brady sucks, as far as I know. Most people are just waiting to see him put up these kind of numbers/performances against a good defense. Being added to a watch list doesn't prove anything. A lot of promise has been shown the last few weeks, excited to see if he can prove doubters wrong come playoff time.

Gus did that in the first game he ever started for the Griz. If he was capable of it that day it means he has already proven it. Has he done it every game? Nope. Neither do a lot of QB's. I don't know what football you watch but I've seen Gus shred plenty of good defenses, including SUU this year. Look at the predictions thread of that game, and see how many Griz fans said SUU's defense was really good. It's only after the fact that everybody changes their tune. lol..

He played fairly well in that game. To the unbiased viewer he showed some glaring weaknesses, and wasn't completely convincing though. Those weaknesses were exposed in the playoffs. He's improved this year though, showing promise.

G-BEARS said:
havgrizfan said:
G-BEARS said:
BWahlberg said:
Gus did that in the first game he ever started for the Griz. If he was capable of it that day it means he has already proven it.
He played fairly well in that game. To the unbiased viewer he showed some glaring weaknesses, and wasn't completely convincing though. Those weaknesses were exposed in the playoffs. He's improved this year though, showing promise.
Well, according to the coach, at NDSU it was all on Brady: "he played terrible." Quote.

And it extended across the last six quarters of the season, and four quarters at Cal Poly, and the first Q at Liberty.

And that was what the "stats" showed last year, Brady was the most variable of our QBs, and most of that variation came on the low side: when he had a bad game, it was really bad. And because his strong point is a strong arm, when he missed a receiver, it was almost always an overthrow which is exactly why Stitt said, a couple of weeks ago, he plays the sidelines rather than the middle. So, we are playing right now to both Brady's strengths and accounting for his weaknesses, and the results appear very positive.

UMGriz75 said:
G-BEARS said:
havgrizfan said:
G-BEARS said:
Gus did that in the first game he ever started for the Griz. If he was capable of it that day it means he has already proven it.
Well, according to the coach, at NDSU it was all on Brady: "he played terrible." Quote.

And it extended across the last six quarters of the season, and four quarters at Cal Poly, and the first Q at Liberty.

And that was what the "stats" showed last year, Brady was the most variable of our QBs, and most of that variation came on the low side: when he had a bad game, it was really bad. And because his strong point is a strong arm, when he missed a receiver, it was almost always an overthrow which is exactly why Stitt said, a couple of weeks ago, he plays the sidelines rather than the middle. So, we are playing right now to both Brady's strengths and accounting for his weaknesses, and the results appear very positive.

Spot on

Here we fucking go again.

75 gonna try to convince people that Brady isn't the best QB on our roster.

Brady is leeps and bounds better than last year. He is reading defenses very well, adjusting the plays, and making excellent decisions on where to go with the ball. I understand the last two teams were not
a high level of competition, but he destroyed them, in short order, with many of the plays to a wide open receiver because of his play call. His throws have been much more consistant, propably because of more time from th O-line, which, I admit, may not be there against better Ds, but I feel he deserves to be on the watch list. I am excited to see this team perform the next two weeks.

daGrizJ said:
Brady is leeps and bounds better than last year. He is reading defenses very well, adjusting the plays, and making excellent decisions on where to go with the ball. I understand the last two teams were not
a high level of competition, but he destroyed them, in short order, with many of the plays to a wide open receiver because of his play call. His throws have been much more consistant, propably because of more time from th O-line, which, I admit, may not be there against better Ds, but I feel he deserves to be on the watch list. I am excited to see this team perform the next two weeks.

So is Chalich.....I'm guessing that O-Line, and an extra year in the system are the main reason for both.

ordigger said:
daGrizJ said:

So is Chalich.....I'm guessing that O-Line, and an extra year in the system are the main reason for both.

Most definitely. Last season, we hardly witnessed our QB's get beyond the 1st 2 options in progressions, no matter who we played. This season, our QB's consistently get to the 3rd progression, and often all the way through. Unfortunately, the small % Gustafson has not had time to go through progressions, he has taken terrible hits, creating forced fumbles. NAU, leads the conference in sacks. If, our OL gives Gustafson time against them, consistently, that will be a terrific sign. I know it will give me more confidence in this team.

G-BEARS said:
ronangrizfan said:
He should be on the overthrow list.

Watch out, all the regular posters are gonna tell you those are by design... :roll:

The "regulars" feel each other up. And talk about how we played the game. And we're a $500/month mayor. And know rosey palms. With both hands. Bunch of hillary excuses for losses like this.

Why do I feel that the Troll Brigade is going to blame me for saying anything at all about Brady?

UMGriz75 said:
Why do I feel that the Troll Brigade is going to blame me for saying anything at all about Brady?

Egriz's opinion of Gustafson is vastly different from the average griz fan you talk to on the street...

Latest posts

Back