• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gustafson Added to Watch List

I mean... if you guys wanna pin the whole game on Brady go for it.

That game wasn't Brady's fault

Eriul said:

No one pinned the game on him, the defense was awful. Don't make up accusations.

Eriul said:

BG had opportunity after opportunity to keep us in the game and he was not up to it.

Define poorly. Below his average game? Obviously.

Take the jaded glasses off for a minute, which I know is impossible for you Helena, are you really upset with this stat line?

541 yards total offense as a team
QB
34/59
394 yards
4 td's
1 pick
1 sack allowed

Obviously his passing % could be better but honestly... it's a pretty good stat line and pretty good play given the fact that the o-line got walked all over.

Eriul said:
OK. I can agree that win or lose, these things are team efforts. And I can understand that as the claimed special friend of Brady's girlfriend you might see things from a given perspective, but regardless, "who" or "what" would you "blame?" The offensive coordinator? The defensive coordinator? Specific players? Goat entrails?

kemajic said:
Eriul said:

BG had opportunity after opportunity to keep us in the game and he was not up to it.

Yup it's all his fault. :lol:

The unusual part of this game are the stats. UM won out on just about all of them ... except the "stat" that counted. The players were able to generate the numbers. The strategy could not generate the scores.

Eriul said:

Take the jaded glasses off for a minute, which I know is impossible for you Helena, are you really upset with this stat line?

QB
34/59
394 yards
4 td's
1 pick
1 sack allowed

Obviously his passing % could be better but honestly... it's a pretty good stat line and pretty good play given the fact that the o-line got walked all over.

Too bad stats can be misleading. It is almost like you didn't even watch the game. How many crucial plays did BG fail to convert? How many times can you throw the ball 10' over your receivers head? He had opportunities to make plays and be the guy and he didn't. He did not have a good game and got some scoring drives late to make his numbers look better. How about the pick he threw right to the NAU DB? It was his worst game since NDSU.

Eriul said:
kemajic said:
Eriul said:

Yup it's all his fault. :lol:

He didn't say the whole game was Brady's fault. He said that Brady had opportunities to make plays and keep them in the game. He is not wrong.

Eriul said:

QB
34/59
394 yards
4 td's
1 pick
1 sack allowed

Did you actually watch the game? Seriously, if you actually think that was "pretty good play", I don't think you watched the same game as me.

Monday's headline will be "Gus removed from watch list". Lol...... but dammit he had such a good run! A whole week on the list!The overthrow crowd was spot on apparently, despite the self proclaimed rational posters that assure the rest that bg is NFL caliber because such and such NFL scout said so.......and those NFL scouts are always spot on with their QB talent evals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Htowngriz said:
Eriul said:
Here we f***[*] go again.
75 gonna try to convince people that Brady isn't the best QB on our roster.
He would never do that! EVER! :lol:
Of course I haven't done that this year at all, but it was interesting during this game that even the announcers were wondering why Chalich wasn't being put in.

He played mediocre. The fact that he is the focus when that secondary was non-existent is comical.

Eriul said:
He played mediocre. The fact that he is the focus when that secondary was non-existent is comical.

Everyone saw how poorly the secondary and defense as a whole played, it was plain as day. What is comical is that a lot of those people can't see Gustafson's deficiencies which were also plain as day.

Part of the problem with BG is the unrealistic expectations of some Griz fans. If these fans finally just get realistic and realize that BG is not the next Carson Wentz, is most likely not a top NFL prospect and is probably not going to win the Walter Payton award, then maybe things will even out for Gus. There is nothing wrong with just being the Griz starter. I'd like to see the guy just get more consistent with his
throws. I've really never seen a QB that can look so special on one throw and then come back on the next throw and look like he has never touched a football before. That is frustrating.....

CV Griz Fan said:
Part of the problem with BG is the unrealistic expectations of some Griz fans. If these fans finally just get realistic and realize that BG is not the next Carson Wentz, ...
throws. I've really never seen a QB that can look so special on one throw and then come back on the next throw and look like he has never touched a football before. That is frustrating.....
Towards the end of last season, the opportunity to compare three QBs under Stitt -- each with enough playing time to get some useful results -- provided some interesting data. BG was the most variable of the QBs -- inconsistent is another word -- and that his inconsistency resulted in more interceptions and very low point games. Chalich was the most consistent of the three and on the average would outscore BG -- but only on the average. When BG had a good game he would outscore Chalich. But, the risk of bad games was inherent. I was optimistic enough to think maybe he had turned the corner this season.

I would like to compare BG's game @ NAU with Wentz's first quarter today vs Minnesota. Boy, I am sure glad we have BG, because Wentz is terrible. I like comparing things.

UMGriz75 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Part of the problem with BG is the unrealistic expectations of some Griz fans. If these fans finally just get realistic and realize that BG is not the next Carson Wentz, ...
Towards the end of last season, the opportunity to compare three QBs under Stitt -- each with enough playing time to get some useful results -- provided some interesting data. BG was the most variable of the QBs -- inconsistent is another word -- and that his inconsistency resulted in more interceptions and very low point games. Chalich was the most consistent of the three and on the average would outscore BG -- but only on the average. When BG had a good game he would outscore Chalich. But, the risk of bad games was inherent. I was optimistic enough to think maybe he had turned the corner this season.

When completing almost 60% of his passes for almost 400 yards and 4 TD's and an interception gets categorized as having a terrible day, we need to have our heads examined! When a guy has to put it in the air 60 times, he's going to miss on some throws and it's always much better to miss long rather than short. That's just the way it works people! It's clear to me that often our receivers aren't getting separation, sometimes they do and Gus misses them. It happens... Welcome to football. If I recall, Dickinson had a few incompletions, and lost a few games too. Let's try to grasp reality!

Back