• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson Officially Back?!

ordigger said:
BWahlberg said:
Sorry guys, Big G guaranteed he is gone.

Technically no....he said he wouldn't play. We won't know that for another 7 months or so......so sad to break to everyone but Big will be posting at least until then.

Big G actually said he wasn't going to enroll in school. It appears that threshold has already been met.

BDizzle said:
I told you so.

Yes you did and it was your post that I trusted over little g.

And I was so tired of his faux Griz support that I was willing to put my poor totally uninformed posting knowledge on the line. If I had lost I would have definitely kept my side of the deal. I still would have read egriz regularly but not posted.

If little g would like to grow up, apologize, and tell egriz that he is willing to wait and see how Stitt, his staff and the fine young men who work so damn hard to entertain me and all of griz nation do in the fall, I would welcome him back.

Talking smack is part of forum life. He went over the line IMHO and judging by how thrilled many are to see him lose this bet, I am not alone in this.

Turn little g into Big G and I'll call the bet paid.

Hey folks, isn't this thread titled "Henderson is officially Back"? Can't it be kept to extremely great news?

Henderson being back is horrible news :shock: ..........for every defensive back on our schedule. Welcome back Ellis. Can't wait :thumb:

reinell30 said:
Hey folks, isn't this thread titled "Henderson is officially Back"? Can't it be kept to extremely great news?

Spot on reinell...but unfortunately much too sensible for the many moronic posters that troll egriz. :roll:

This would be the two best outcomes I've read on egriz is quite some time. Great news for Mr. Henderson and fans of Grizzly football. I won't hold my breath on the other, but we can all hope.

reinell30 said:

My bad!

This is great news - EH missing last season was easily the biggest loss of the year. Having him and Jamaal healthy will make Stitt's wide open offense a total nightmare for defensive coordinators.
Add in Naccarato, Walcott, and Janssen and look out- Griz football is going to be so fun to watch.

:D :D :D

Was there ever a diagnosis? What an exhaustive and frustrating deal for Ellis.. Hope his docs in Portland got a handle on the bug and a plan of attack. Welcome back man!

AJ Mazzolini ‏@ajmazzolini · 26m26 minutes ago
Just got off the phone w/ Griz WR Ellis Henderson. He's re-enrolled at UM & expects to be in spring practices, compete w/ the team this fall

AJ Mazzolini ‏@ajmazzolini · 26m26 minutes ago
Henderson withdrew from UM last Oct and missed the year while battling health problems. Said he expects to use redshirt for '14 season.

AJ Mazzolini ‏@ajmazzolini · 25m25 minutes ago
Henderson was 1000 yard WR in '13 and preseason All-American before the illness. Add another exciting piece to coach Stitt's passing attack

So does Henderson need a medshirt, hardship, redshirt so he can get 2014 back? Would that give hime 2015 and 2016 still to play?

Welcome back Ellis !!! And don't forget Ryan Burke from Billings--yes, I am biased. It's nice to have a 6-4 WR with wheels and as a former HS QB at Billings Central, an arm that can also burn you in a flea flicker !!!

AJ Mazzolini retweeted
73V3N ™ @Ellis_Henderson · 7m 7 minutes ago
Thank you all for the continuous support from Griz nation!

bigkid said:
Henderson being back is horrible news :shock: ..........for every defensive back on our schedule. Welcome back Ellis. Can't wait :thumb:

Congrats Ellis, glad you are healthy and can get back to what you love to do. Now, to beat your ass next season in Cat-griz... :clap:

griz4life said:
So does Henderson need a medshirt, hardship, redshirt so he can get 2014 back? Would that give hime 2015 and 2016 still to play?

I see no reason why the NCAA would deny an appeal for a redshirt year. My guess is, if health permits, EH will be playing 2 more seasons. He and Jones will be an awesome combination.

...welcome back henderson...
...is this the time to say...
...stitt does happen...

... :clap: ...

Some answers on what is wrong with Ellis as well as his redshirt are discussed in this Missoulian article:

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_2389d4a0-4e22-5760-a82f-a73762993c17.html

Griz WR Henderson re-enrolls at UM

By AJ Mazzolini

Coach Bob Stitt's offense just got another weapon, this time a proven one at the collegiate level.

Wide receiver Ellis Henderson has re-enrolled at the University of Montana after withdrawing from classes last fall and leaving the Grizzly football program because of a mysterious stomach illness. Henderson said Thursday he is almost completely healthy once again and plans to participate in full in spring practices with the team.

“Pretty much everything is going according to plan,” Henderson told the Missoulian Thursday as he picked out classes for UM’s spring semester. “I definitely feel a lot better.”

Henderson, a 1,000-yard receiver as a sophomore in 2013, saw limited action this past season because of his sickness that set in over the summer. He caught just 12 passes for 110 yards while appearing briefly in five games before leaving Missoula in October to return home to the Portland area in search of further medical attention.

The illness, which drained the preseason All-American of energy and body weight, was a combination of a bacterial infection and irritable bowl syndrome (IBS), Henderson said.

“It's kinda one of those things -- you can't test for IBS -- you pretty much have to test for everything else and if nothing else shows up you have to assume it's IBS,” he said.

IBS is a gastrointestinal tract issue characterized by abdominal pain and alteration of bowel functions that often follows infections or stressful life events.

While minor symptoms of IBS still remain -- those can be controlled with medication and a proper diet, he added -- the wideout now feels fit for football once again. It’s up to Henderson to make sure things stay that way, he said.

“Just kind of knowing the new ticks for my stomach because I've never had to deal with it before,” said Henderson, whose 14 receiving touchdowns in 2013 rank him third in Montana single-season history. “I’ve never had issues at all, so at this point it's just watching my diet and not eating pizza all the time like a normal college student.”

Regaining that sense of normalcy is what the 22-year-old wants most – a chance to attend classes, play football and eventually earn his degree. The decision to put all that on hold last year because of his failing health was a hard one to make. But he knew if things got bad enough, there was no other choice.

Henderson had the full support of former head coach Mick Delaney and his staff, he said.

“Not being able to do those things because of an ailment that wasn't in my control was tough,” said the health and human performance major. “I had to take a step back and realize what was important for the time being, figuring out that my health was important above all else.”

Henderson transferred to Montana after his freshman year at the University of Hawaii, though he did not play football on the island. His junior year at UM was the one interrupted by illness, but Henderson hopes to regain that eligibility with a redshirt of medical redshirt season.

That would give the 6-foot receiver two full seasons left to play for Coach Stitt, the offensive-minded head man who was hired by the Grizzlies in December following Delaney’s retirement after this past season.

“I'm really excited for this new system that's in place. This new offense is supposed to be very, very exciting,” Henderson said. “Lots of plays to be made so I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

“I think it's going to be a very fun 2015-2016 year.”

Welcome back Ellis!
Stitt's gotta be stoked, especially if Schmaing returns. Basically adding two All American type players to the offense. I thought Schmaing was easily our best lineman last year and I think he will be again this year. I actually have really high hopes for our line...hopefully we can land a couple surprise o-line recruits on signing day as well.

mavgriz said:
Having Henderson, Schmaing and Kalakenie back can't hurt.
I really like how things are taking shape under Coach Stitt. Our recruiting class is looking to be the best since 2012 and I count drop downs along with transfers in each group. If they can grab a few more OL plus improve the special teams. 2015 could be a special season for Stitts new staff.

Latest posts

Back