• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson Officially Back?!

SaskGriz said:
I was also at the UND game and the first thing I remember saying to my son as we watched the GRIZ warm up was that I was disappointed he wouldn't get to see Henderson play because he was not dressed. At my age I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I remember stuff like that.

Sounds like maybe a few in our athletic department need to check some things and exhaust every chance this young man has instead of what appears to be a cursory glance and then off for a cup of coffee.

He is listed as a starter in the game participation list. I doubt he played though. I just started the game to watch it again on gogriz.com.

mtgrizrule said:
SaskGriz said:
I was also at the UND game and the first thing I remember saying to my son as we watched the GRIZ warm up was that I was disappointed he wouldn't get to see Henderson play because he was not dressed. At my age I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I remember stuff like that.

Sounds like maybe a few in our athletic department need to check some things and exhaust every chance this young man has instead of what appears to be a cursory glance and then off for a cup of coffee.

He is listed as a starter in the game participation list. I doubt he played though. I just started the game to watch it again on gogriz.com.

Found the answer quickly. Just before the 11 minute mark of the video at gogriz.com, the commentators say, "He (referring to Jordan Johnson) is without Ellis Henderson today." So he absolutely did not participate in that game. The university needs to update that. What other games are in question?

mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizrule said:
SaskGriz said:

Found the answer quickly. Just before the 11 minute mark of the video at gogriz.com, the commentators say, "He (referring to Jordan Johnson) is without Ellis Henderson today." So he absolutely did not participate in that game. The university needs to update that. What other games are in question?

If that's the case then that's all he needs. That makes it 4/14 which is 28.6% of the games.

'68griz said:
griz4life said:
I think the unasked question here is will UM make a hardship request for Henderson. Gee's "them's the rules" remark and her speaking in absolutes about the conference office never considering an exception makes it sound like UM won't make the effort.

Is this going to turn into another self-inflicted penalty, like Engstrom's three years of lost scholarships?
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Is UM just going to give up, without even going through the process? My God!

Well that's what they did with Johnson and Kemp....why would this be handled any differently?

If EH played for ewu they'd figure out a way go get 6 years of eligibility like they did with Hamlin.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
griz4life said:
I think the unasked question here is will UM make a hardship request for Henderson. Gee's "them's the rules" remark and her speaking in absolutes about the conference office never considering an exception makes it sound like UM won't make the effort.

Is this going to turn into another self-inflicted penalty, like Engstrom's three years of lost scholarships?
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Is UM just going to give up, without even going through the process? My God!

Well that's what they did with Johnson and Kemp....why would this be handled any differently?

AD indicates that he reads the board - I would hope he'd champion a challenge based on all the sleuthing that's been done.

AJ Massolini updated his twitter about Ellis's possible eligibility. It was pointed out to him EH did not participate in the UND game. There should be no reason for Gee not to appeal on his behalf.

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
griz4life said:

AD indicates that he reads the board - I would hope he'd champion a challenge based on all the sleuthing that's been done.

Pretty effing pathetic, when you really think about it. No offense to the 'Sleuthers', but the AD can't figure this out?

mtgrizrule said:
AJ Massolini updated his twitter about Ellis's possible eligibility. It was pointed out to him EH did not participate in the UND game. There should be reason for Gee not to appeal on his behalf.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/558800451274297347[/tweet]

'68griz said:
griz4life said:

Agreed! Nice post G4Life! We need a Philadelphia lawyer and a hard charging journalist taking the NCAA to task on this. Don't go quietly into the night.

Hope he gets the two years if he wants them. Great player, great kid he deserves it after what happened last season. Can't wait to see #7 back in the line up they really missed him last season.

AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so you're trying to tell me that everyone freaked out on this thread...for nothing?
The real question here AllWeatherFan - why in the hell did it take someone from egriz to point out that Henderson qualifies for a medical redshirt. Why was Gee so adamant that the red shirt wouldnt happen. Why did it take a post from Mtgrizrule to Mazzolini that they were wrong to get their attention? Why isnt Gee and Haslam on top of this? Who's not doing their damn job over there?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so you're trying to tell me that everyone freaked out on this thread...for nothing?
The real question here AllWeatherFan - why in the hell did it take someone from egriz to point out that Henderson qualifies for a medical redshirt. Why was Gee so adamant that the red shirt wouldnt happen. Why did it take a post from Mtgrizrule to Mazzolini that they were wrong to get their attention? Why isnt Gee and Haslam on top of this? Who's not doing their damn job over there?

They are, they just aren't allowed to comment on it due to student privacy. It was unclear exactly how many games Ellis had played and if playoffs games count in the total (and it's still a little muddy). Even then, the application process for medical hardships is not always straightforward or guaranteed. That leaves a lot of room for ambiguity, which is still present. We won't know officially until summer.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

pretty scary. Like when you hear about airline pilots sleeping at the helm. Heck, I remember when $1 million just up and vanished from the athletic department. I think everyone was satisfied with the official explanation that it grew legs and waddled away.

grizfan95 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

WOW :shock: IMO the athletic department should have made it clear that they would do EVERYTHING possible to give Henderson back his junior year in the form of a medical redshirt. Not the ignorant statement that popped up. Good grief!

Have you noticed that not once has #7 been focused on himself during all of this? His comments when he was forced to withdraw from school will always be remembered. But his comments on why he wants to be here in Missoula, be apart of this program and appreciation for all us fans amazes me.

There are so many young athletes that expect the world and dont give two hoots about anything but themselves these days.

I just wanted to point out how fortunate I think we are (myself especially) to have a young man like this represent our community. I cannot recall a time when he has shown a single instance of selfishness throughout all of this. Young men like this deserve every last ounce of consideration especially given his situation.

I feel he's already an all time great as an individual. Hope to bump into you soon Ellis so I can tell you in person. May God continue to bless and keep you in his favor young man.

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Have you noticed that not once has #7 been focused on himself during all of this? His comments when he was forced to withdraw from school will always be remembered. But his comments on why he wants to be here in Missoula, be apart of this program and appreciation for all us fans amazes me.

There are so many young athletes that expect the world and dont give two hoots about anything but themselves these days.

I just wanted to point out how fortunate I think we are (myself especially) to have a young man like this represent our community. I cannot recall a time when he has shown a single instance of selfishness throughout all of this. Young men like this deserve every last ounce of consideration especially given his situation.

I feel he's already an all time great as an individual. Hope to bump into you soon Ellis so I can tell you in person. May God continue to bless and keep you in his favor young man.
:thumb:

I think the athletic department understands how the medical redshirt works, as always we know nothing of what is going on behind the scenes.

Remember 2 weeks ago Henderson was written off as retired on here.

Back