• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson Officially Back?!

Welcome back Ellis.

Wishing you the best of health in your continuing recovery and looking forward to seeing you back on the field this fall. Made mine and many others day - GoGriz.

Ellis, I must chime in with a welcome back song. We Griz fans missed you very mooch. More important is to keep your butt healthy and in your spare time light up the Griz tradition with your fantastic receiver play!

Quit eating greasy gut bombs (you never did) and use the doc's recommended diet, play ball, go to school and have fun!

I just wanted above all else to be here for the team and all the fans. I think above all else, 2014 for me was one of my toughest years. I had to go through a lot both physically and mentally. I just wanted to thank the fans and everyone else that has supported me this last year. I think my family would really like to say thank you. I’ve gotten more than enough support from the community and I just wanted to really say thank you and I really appreciate it. I’m excited to get back out there on the field for them. And go Griz.

– Grizzly WR Ellis Henderson

http://grizsports.com/wr-ellis-henderson-has-a-message-for-griz-nation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackfootipa said:
AJ Mazz just tweeted that it is unlikely Hendu will get to play two more years.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/558410250076704768[/tweet]

Doesn't sound promising, but you never know.

welcome back to the griz family ellis,,,I have watched and admired you from afar as a student, athlete and most of all your faith, you are a light and an example to lots of folks...

gah-riz said:
blackfootipa said:

"Henderson transferred to Montana after his freshman year at the University of Hawaii, though he did not play football on the island. His junior year at UM was the one interrupted by illness, but Henderson said he hopes to regain that eligibility by appealing to the Big Sky Conference and the NCAA for a medical hardship waiver.
That may not be in the cards, though, said Jean Gee, senior associate athletic director at UM. There are two concrete points required to earn a medical hardship and another year of eligibility: a player must appear in fewer than 30 percent of his or her games for the year and the injury or incapacitating illness must happen within the first half of the season with medical documentation to support that.
Henderson saw action in five of Montana's 14 games, although briefly, meaning he played in 36 percent of the Grizzlies' season. Had he appeared in one fewer contest -- for instance the North Dakota game Oct. 4 where he did not catch a pass -- Henderson would have seen just 27 percent of the season."

In this Missoulian updated article online AJ is saying it is because he played in 5 games. What 5 did he play in? I remember Wyo, NDSU....who else? I thought he didn't even travel to UND

He played in Wyoming, Central Wash., NDSU, USD, missed the UNC game, and played in the UND game (although he doesn't show in the stat sheet)....

AZGrizFan said:
He played in Wyoming, Central Wash., NDSU, USD, missed the UNC game, and played in the UND game (although he doesn't show in the stat sheet)....

2 friends at und game said tonight they don't remember him playing.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
AZGrizFan said:

2 friends at und game said tonight they don't remember him playing.

I was at the NDSU and UND games EH played in Fargo but not in Grand Forks.

Basing that strictly on the participation reports which are notoriously incorrect....I had it on TiVo but my harddrive crashed last week and I lost everything....including about six Griz games I had been saving.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
gah-riz said:
blackfootipa said:

"Henderson transferred to Montana after his freshman year at the University of Hawaii, though he did not play football on the island. His junior year at UM was the one interrupted by illness, but Henderson said he hopes to regain that eligibility by appealing to the Big Sky Conference and the NCAA for a medical hardship waiver.
That may not be in the cards, though, said Jean Gee, senior associate athletic director at UM. There are two concrete points required to earn a medical hardship and another year of eligibility: a player must appear in fewer than 30 percent of his or her games for the year and the injury or incapacitating illness must happen within the first half of the season with medical documentation to support that.
Henderson saw action in five of Montana's 14 games, although briefly, meaning he played in 36 percent of the Grizzlies' season. Had he appeared in one fewer contest -- for instance the North Dakota game Oct. 4 where he did not catch a pass -- Henderson would have seen just 27 percent of the season."

In this Missoulian updated article online AJ is saying it is because he played in 5 games. What 5 did he play in? I remember Wyo, NDSU....who else? I thought he didn't even travel to UND

I know for a fact that Henderson played in four games last year not five. I spent quite a bit of last evening looking back into news stories, game reports, previous game threads and spoke to Mr Henderson again late last night. The game in question is North Dakota.

As AzGriz has stated game reports have been wrong many times in the past. Ellis Henderson did play vs UNC and did not start or play in the UND last season. He didnt even make the trip with the team. He was left behind along with several others (#7 Montana @ North Dakota Game Thread: Griz starters Ellis Henderson (WR), Mike Ralston (TE) and Jackson Thiebes (OT) did not make the trip to UND...)

The following week was the UC Davis game and that was the day that the Henderson's left Mizzoula to return him home for care he needed. http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/26836155/griz-wr-ellis-henderson-done-for-the-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Mick during a recorded interview went as far as to state that "In hind site...we should have done more back then (spring of '14)."

Mr Henderson also said that he had spoken with the NCAA about qualification for a medical redshirt back in late Nov/early Dec was told that based upon the initial information, Ellis would most likely qualify for the medical redshirt under either qualifying requirement. Hid medical redshirt request must be filed with the conference first. Which would be the responsibility of our team medical staff under the guidance of our Senior Associate AD.

I think the unasked question here is will UM make a hardship request for Henderson. Gee's "them's the rules" remark and her speaking in absolutes about the conference office never considering an exception makes it sound like UM won't make the effort.

Is this going to turn into another self-inflicted penalty, like Engstrom's three years of lost scholarships?

I was also at the UND game and the first thing I remember saying to my son as we watched the GRIZ warm up was that I was disappointed he wouldn't get to see Henderson play because he was not dressed. At my age I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I remember stuff like that.

Sounds like maybe a few in our athletic department need to check some things and exhaust every chance this young man has instead of what appears to be a cursory glance and then off for a cup of coffee.

griz4life said:
I think the unasked question here is will UM make a hardship request for Henderson. Gee's "them's the rules" remark and her speaking in absolutes about the conference office never considering an exception makes it sound like UM won't make the effort.

Is this going to turn into another self-inflicted penalty, like Engstrom's three years of lost scholarships?
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Is UM just going to give up, without even going through the process? My God!

Latest posts

Back