• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Historic Gift"

gotgame75 said:
getgrizzy said:
gotgame75 said:
Don't think anyone will be shocked at the source of this "Historic Gift"...
i was hoping it was someone besides denny washington but i won't complain. just thought it'd be cool if it was an alum.

It's not Denny, but you're VERY close. And your alum requirement will be satisfied.
Kevin and Kyle.

maroonandsilver said:
gotgame75 said:
getgrizzy said:
gotgame75 said:
Don't think anyone will be shocked at the source of this "Historic Gift"...
i was hoping it was someone besides denny washington but i won't complain. just thought it'd be cool if it was an alum.

It's not Denny, but you're VERY close. And your alum requirement will be satisfied.
Kevin and Kyle.

Yeah, not trying to play charades or anything, but I tried to hint at this news on here as far back as early last Spring (no names or anything) and not only was my thread erased, but was PM'd and told it was done at the request of someone in UM admin.

Congratulations to The University of Montana Athletic Department and The University as a whole. It's nice to hear good news coming out of Missoula and a huge thanks to individual/individuals who made such a generous gift. By no means does this mean we as Griz Fans should discontinue our smaller gifts. This is just the icing on the cake! :thumb:

Go Griz!!

This is just such good news. Wish I had (or ever would have) the wherewithal to make a donation like this -- but...I am so thankful there are those who have, and do, make such donations. UM is fortunate.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
So far I think this is the only mock drawing that the university has released to the public, but I'm excited to see what maroonandsilver saw at the GSA office when it goes public!

1656288_302110209938929_5940911747813625597_n.jpg

Also this bad boy has GOT to have at least one or two levels of patios off the back...that would be an awesome seat!
hopefully they thought of the acoustics of the echoing sound from the NEZ, lots of glass and cement surfaces! :thumb:

Wasn't a fan of E for all of the obvious reasons. I was however, along with my sibs, a guest in the President's box at the Davis game. When Canada made his amazing run, E jumped up with a wine in one hand and his fist in the air and yelled his appreciation for the run. He was a genuine Griz fan at that moment, and that probably surprises many. It did me. I also had a couple of light conversations with him and I now believe he is a believer in Griz athletics. I'll probably never forgive him for Jim Oday but I am prepared to cut him some slack, and this thread points to a progressive direction for Griz athletics and that can't happen if the President is not on board. I believe he is!

People who also deserve credit are a couple Griz fans who are not at the university. They had the initial discussion(s) with the donor(s) and helped get the ball rolling. That was in the late summer of 2013. Obviously, the athletic department and university did alot since that time.

bigkid said:
Congratulations to The University of Montana Athletic Department and The University as a whole. It's nice to hear good news coming out of Missoula and a huge thanks to individual/individuals who made such a generous gift. By no means does this mean we as Griz Fans should discontinue our smaller gifts. This is just the icing on the cake! :thumb:

Go Griz!!

I've got my $2,500 check here waiting to get a little closer to the end of the tax year. It's puny in comparison, but for me it hurts just as much as it does for the W guys to write their check. I have to say how much it does my heart good to see this after the program out wandering lost in the desert for the last 2-3 years. They need something to give it a sense of direction again - that "we are Montana" swagger will be back.

I came to this thread after reading about the fiasco at PSU and I have to say I watched a game between PSU and I think it was Northern Arizona last week, and when I would see the shots of the stands the crowd was pathetic - the stadium was nowhere near half full.

TxGriz said:
bigkid said:

Go Griz!!

I've got my $2,500 check here waiting to get a little closer to the end of the tax year. It's puny in comparison, but for me it hurts just as much as it does for the W guys to write their check. I have to say how much it does my heart good to see this after the program out wandering lost in the desert for the last 2-3 years. They need something to give it a sense of direction again - that "we are Montana" swagger will be back.

I came to this thread after reading about the fiasco at PSU and I have to say I watched a game between PSU and I think it was a California school last week, and when I would see the shots of the stands the crowd was pathetic - the stadium was nowhere near half full.

:clap: :clap: That's very sound support right there.

get'em_griz said:
So far I think this is the only mock drawing that the university has released to the public, but I'm excited to see what maroonandsilver saw at the GSA office when it goes public!

Not knowing a whole lot, does the new buildings leave enough room if the U ever wanted to add seats in the South Endzone?

Again all this donation stuff points to the fact Griz athletics plays an important role in the entire scheme of things at the U. Especially the football program.

I have mentioned this (football program) to Royce many times as have others. Royce and his wife Mary are very nice people but I feel his administration abilities are lacking. I have long felt a business person is much better suited to run our University rather than an ex professor.

Many of the latest donations came about with very little input from Royce.

Even though our football program has gone through hell the last few years I tend to think our program will be stronger as we move along. Good things will happen as we move forward. Some, as impatient as I am must wait as things change for the better.

putter said:
get'em_griz said:

Not knowing a whole lot, does the new buildings leave enough room if the U ever wanted to add seats in the South Endzone?

That's a good question. Rumor is that there are plans to eventually expand the South Endzone, but with the new facilities being built right there, my guess is that they might be able to add seats on top of the new facilities.

what is the split of the cost?
total cost - $14 million
washington sons - $7 million
other boosters - $?
school - $?
state - $?

getgrizzy said:
what is the split of the cost?
total cost - $14 million
washington sons - $7 million
other boosters - $?
school - $?
state - $?

I don't have firm figures, but I believe it is all going to be done through donations. They have most of it committed now. There are a few other very sizeable donations being made.

Back