• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Historic Gift"

getgrizzy said:
what is the split of the cost?
total cost - $14 million
washington sons - $7 million
other boosters - $?
school - $?
state - $?

There's a "school" segment and another segment coming from the GSA as well.

BWahlberg said:
getgrizzy said:
total cost - $14 million
other boosters - $?
school - $?
state - $?

There isn't going to be a state segment, unless it's the school segment. Is the school segment anything other than the GSA segment? It will be interesting to see what the big commitment is. There's a big difference between 7 and 10, for example.

PlayerRep said:
BWahlberg said:
getgrizzy said:
total cost - $14 million
other boosters - $?
school - $?
state - $?

There isn't going to be a state segment, unless it's the school segment. Is the school segment anything other than the GSA segment? It will be interesting to see what the big commitment is. There's a big difference between 7 and 10, for example.

Not 100% sure but you're probably right that the "school" and "state" will be one in the same. the GSA is supposed to be a stand-alone from the school/state portion. I've heard Haslam say in public press meetings that there are commitments from both the UM/State and the GSA.

Brint, do you know if initial plans are done for what's going to be on the inside of the building? I mean yes, we know what the building will house, but I'm curious to know if UM has gone as far as designs and components for the team locker room, team weight room, ect?

My hope is, even if more money is needed to be raised through this process, there are NO shortcuts. I'm hoping they go as all-out as possible with this project because for one, a football ops building is a game-changer for any already solid to great program, and it's HUGE game-changer for a Big Sky/FCS program. Secondly, it's a building that at some point, way off in the future, that will need to be renovated with modern amenities and such (like 20-30 years from it's opening), so putting the best of the best in it now, gives its sustainability a much longer life. I'm not suggesting it needs to be the extravagance of Oregon or even Wazzu's brand new football ops building, but it certainly needs to be what I would call "plush".

havgrizfan said:
Brint, do you know if initial plans are done for what's going to be on the inside of the building? I mean yes, we know what the building will house, but I'm curious to know if UM has gone as far as designs and components for the team locker room, team weight room, ect?

My hope is, even if more money is needed to be raised through this process, there are NO shortcuts. I'm hoping they go as all-out as possible with this project because for one, a football ops building is a game-changer for any already solid to great program, and it's HUGE game-changer for a Big Sky/FCS program. Secondly, it's a building that at some point, way off in the future, that will need to be renovated with modern amenities and such (like 20-30 years from it's opening), so putting the best of the best in it now, gives its sustainability a much longer life. I'm not suggesting it needs to be the extravagance of Oregon or even Wazzu's brand new football ops building, but it certainly needs to be what I would call "plush".

I think the word you're looking for there is "elite". :thumb:

havgrizfan said:

Yes that's been done and I've seen interior renderings. I would bet those will be in the release on Nov 1 and then you'll all see why I am saying this plan is such a game-changer for the Griz.

And keep in mind these facilities are not just for football but will benefit all sports.

BWahlberg said:
havgrizfan said:

Yes that's been done and I've seen interior renderings. I would bet those will be in the release on Nov 1 and then you'll all see why I am saying this plan is such a game-changer for the Griz.

And keep in mind these facilities are not just for football but will benefit all sports.

Will Engstrom declare the new facility open to all students? Ha.

BWahlberg said:
havgrizfan said:

The plans are, in a word, awesome.

AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Let me get this straight now, so that the apologists can get their ammo ready in advance. So, you are saying that, once we finish the new athletic facility, and we still don't win our conference, nor advance far into the playoffs.......we will still be an elite program??? We have been hearing the lack-of-facility excuse now since our program went downhill. With that excuse being blown up, what will be the next one?

Yawn. Show us a program in FCS that wouldn't have struggled under the same cirumstances. Funny how everyone seems to want a return to the Hauck and O'Day days, which didn't yield a single national title, but did have some embarassingly early playoff exits, as well.

Htowngriz said:
Yawn. Show us a program in FCS that wouldn't have struggled under the same cirumstances. Funny how everyone seems to want a return to the Hauck and O'Day days, which didn't yield a single national title, but did have some embarassingly early playoff exits, as well.

Just ignore him. He's a troll.

Htowngriz said:
this :thumb:

yellowstone60 said:
Htowngriz said:
this :thumb:

Uh, we also had many amazing playoff runs to the FCS championship game. Unfortunately came up short in those games. The current staff has a way to go to get there. I hope this year is one of them. I admit, the losses to UMASS and Wofford were disappointing. Then again, every playoff loss is painful and disappointing for this fan, regardless of who the head coach is, or who the opponent is. :thumb:

Missoula is not only fortunate to have Washington Corporation HQ'd here which provides many good paying jobs / big revenue to the community / Montana, but also the support given to Grizzly athletics. This is a Missoula family taking care of it's own. :clap:

yellowstone60 said:
Missoula is not only fortunate to have Washington Corporation HQ'd here which provides many good paying jobs / big revenue to the community / Montana, but also the support given to Grizzly athletics. This is a Missoula family taking care of it's own. :clap:

Spot on, 60.

monte is a character said:
AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Let me get this straight now, so that the apologists can get their ammo ready in advance. So, you are saying that, once we finish the new athletic facility, and we still don't win our conference, nor advance far into the playoffs.......we will still be an elite program??? We have been hearing the lack-of-facility excuse now since our program went downhill. With that excuse being blown up, what will be the next one?

Having fun? I think it is old, but knock yourself out.

AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Program went downhill? It may seem like that but I think others have caught up while we've, unfortunately, stayed the same. Sometimes it sucks to have a target on your back year in & year out...

ONLY MONTE, and a very select few others could have ANYTHING negative to post about someone willfully giving the football program OVER 7 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS!!! If that isn't proof enough that there are people here to troll and spew, I don't know what is.

AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Troll much? Take the "we" and "our" out of your post because you certainly are not one of us. I don't think the athletic admin or fanbase would even want to claim you. Nothing more than a pot stirring troll. Go Fck yourself!

Back